*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

405,277 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I think Dusty found a line up he likes.

I'm not a fan of the catcher hitting between Straw and Altuve. Straw might pass Maldy/Castro on the bases
Well, that's why you put him in front of the them.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm not a fan of the catcher hitting between Straw and Altuve. Straw might pass Maldy/Castro on the bases

Maybe he thinks Straw will lap him?

Farmer1906
AG

This is such a true statement for most of y'all on here.
bearkatag15
AG
redline248 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

damnit I'm an idiot. either way you get my point.
Deluxe
AG
Don't forget that Yuli hits like Babe Ruth in his prime when he and Yordan are next to eachother in the order
Mathguy64
AG
Yordan at 6. We could easily get 40 HR and 100 plus RBI out of the 6 hole. That's semi erotic.
agproducer
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I like it. I'd rather have the catcher hitting after Straw than before. Think Straw walks or singles, then steals second. The catcher gets a hit, Straw scores.

Altuve isn't as fast as he used to be, and he doesn't steal that many bases. This is the better option than trapping Straw behind a slow baserunner.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Not this guy!
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I never understood the Correa slander that went on from 2017-2019

He was so instrumental in that title run and is responsible for a lot of great Astros moments from 2015-present
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Game is on AT&T tonight, starts in less than an hour.
Ag_07
AG
Here

But to be fair he's taken a HUGE step since 2019.

He's stepped up big last year in his leadership which is what I wanted to see. I was never worried about his on field talent.

He spoke out vehemently about the sign stealing crap and backed it up on the field. His entire mindset and persona changed following all that mess and he put the team on the back.

I'll never forget him stepping in and getting on Framber when that stupid brush up was going on. That's what you wanna see from a $200+m dollar player.

Happy to eat this crow
Deluxe
AG
Good post Ag_07
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

I know everyone is on the Carlos bandwagon after the playoffs and he has won me over with his development as a leader, but I'm still on the "made of glass" side.

He's fluctuated between great and just OK. We attribute that to playing with injury and that might be the case, but nonetheless he's either great, just OK because he's playing with an injury...Or flat out injured.

Carlos is a better overall player for reasons we all know and don't need to get into, but just food for thought and perspective: he has the same exact career OPS and SLG (and injury issues) as Trae Turner. Like all of you, I hope he wins the MVP this year, but I also understand why you can't offer more than that to a guy who has only ever stayed healthy one full (real) season of major league baseball.
redline248
AG
If I'm the guy making a case to spend on Carlos, the first thing I'm doing is giving Crane a list of all the SS we've had before him.
Mathguy64
AG
I'll happily eat Correa Crow. He was injured so much before that you had to question his durability and at the price he wanted IMHO he wasn't worth it. Last year his on and off field stature changed for me. I still question his long term durability.
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'll happily eat Correa Crow. He was injured so much before that you had to question his durability and at the price he wanted IMHO he wasn't worth it. Last year his on and off field stature changed for me. I still question his long term durability.

Agreed. "Know the facts or STFU" made me a fan forever. Glad he stood up for his guys at a time when team management wouldn't even do that.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Maybe we should send that masseuse of Correa's to Watson's house. He wouldn't turn it down, and it would help secure some higher draft picks!
Marvin
AG
Urquidy has a pet pig. Not sure what else to say about that...
zgood10
AG
Urkeeding dealing
bearkatag15
AG

Ag_07
AG
Urkeedy doing Urkeedy things

Just sittin back cruising
bearkatag15
AG
Marvin
AG
Correa calling his shot on Urquidy having a big year... at least, I think that's what he said.
tjack16
AG
To me you are paying Correa for what he does in October. I'm 100% okay with him playing 90-100 games in regular season as long as he is in Carlos playoff mode in October.

His October production the last 4 years makes him worth every penny
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

To me you are paying Correa for what he does in October. I'm 100% okay with him playing 90-100 games in regular season as long as he is in Carlos playoff mode in October.

I don't have a Correa jersey for some reason... lock him up so I can get Mrs. Marvin and myself a couple!
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

I don't have a Correa jersey for some reason... lock him up so I can get Mrs. Marvin and myself a couple!

He was my first jersey after we changed to the new ones. Got it when he was called up in 2015. I'd like to keep wearing it next year too
Harry Dunne
tjack16 said:

Like I said, Correa has won me over and I hope he wins the MVP and gets a long and lucrative deal.

Don't hate me for saying this, but in the 2018 & 2019 postseasons he hit a combined .206 with a .711 OPS.

Obviously let's not forget he was brilliant in 2017 & 2020 and playing 100 games a season is OK when you're under team control and the rest of the roster is amazing and can make the playoffs without you, but there aren't any more young Correas and Bregmans walking through those doors for a few years and I have a feeling we are going to need the guys making $20M to produce all season long.

I was happy with the offer and I am happy that he believes in himself enough to pass on it. I'm actually glad he passed and like those of you above I'm happy to eat crow and I hope he has a great (full) season and gouges them for more but I want to see him healthy for 162 games and playing well in 150 of them first.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG

He gone.
redline248
AG
Don't lose hope, just yet. Now the team has a better idea of where he is, and I'm sure they always expected him to decline that offer. I don't blame them for throwing it out there - and if he's as professional as he has seemed on these matters - then he won't hold it against the team, either.

Having said all that...I, personally, will hold it against the team if they don't make a real offer and go into the offseason taking their chances on other free agents.
shano0603
tjack16
AG
Those numbers don't tell the full story. Any time he came up in a clutch situation, he came through. Off the top of my head in 2019 he had the ALCS walk off, the HR in game 4 that broke it open at yankee stadium, WS game 4 big homerun, and WS game 7 RBI double that at the time put us up 2-0

While the stats in 2019 might not have been amazing, he came through when it mattered.
tjack16
AG
To me Correa is different than Cole and Springer. Writing was on the wall with them leaving, and I didnt really blame the front office for it.

This time though he wants to be here and it's doable with the budget
Harry Dunne
You're right. All good points.
bearkatag15
AG

WTF? Thought he was doing really good
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.