*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,502 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I like our young pitchers and they may have no choice but to like them as they are the strength of the team.

While this deal isn't cheap, I think we prefer volume to having top end horses (at least in terms of spend). I can't see us spending $100+m on a pitcher. I think they'd prefer a bunch of 2/3 starters and a good pen. That way when 1 or 2 inevitably get hurt you aren't up **** creek.
Marvin
AG
Speaking of being up **** creek, Odorizzi pitched a tent there this afternoon. Here's to a much better second start!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Ag_07
AG
High stress situations aren't his problem. He's been pretty nails in the playoffs and during his start in GM 7. Doesn't get any more high stress than that.

It's when things don't go as planned that he seems to unravel. Keeping his focus when one small thing doesn't go his way.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

I've always suggested that if anyone comes to MMP with brick red or pinstripes that they are required to take a dip into the lost and found and exchange it for something else free of charge.

That shlt needs to be phased out completely.
Thats by far my least favorite Astro uni, but I totally disagree. Its an important part of our history, its what we wore in our first WS and was worn by some great players.

The pinstripes are awful. The black jersey was decent, IMO.

AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

High stress situations aren't his problem. He's been pretty nails in the playoffs and during his start in GM 7. Doesn't get any more high stress than that.

It's when things don't go as planned that he seems to unravel. Keeping his focus when one small thing doesn't go his way.

He looked like he was on the verge of imploding in G7 if CFM didn't come in early
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

He looked like he was on the verge of imploding in G7 if CFM didn't come in early
BUT HE DIDN'T

Farmer1906
AG
Better postseason ERA than JV or Greinke.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Bregxit
AG
Sounds like the great comeback vs the Twins in 2017
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe
AG
Immaculate inning for an immaculate pitcher
tjack16
AG
MaxPower
He's also a yankee killer. They look like the main competition the next 2-3 years for an AL pennant.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
With opening day next week, time to start planning who starts the official season thread. Who is doing it this year?
Beau Bevers
AG

Should we replicate the 2017 thread genesis, or start fresh?
Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc said:

With opening day next week, time to start planning who starts the official season thread. Who is doing it this year?
Who did it in 2017?
Farmer1906
AG
We tired that before. The last couple have been done well. Just don't jump the gun like some other team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Looks like mazag08 has started the last 4 season threads. Don't mess with tradition
CFTXAG10
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Looks like mazag08 has started the last 4 season threads. Don't mess with tradition
I will second this motion
Farmer1906
AG
Can we dedicate page 1 to Kate? I bet the mods would appreciate it.
CFTXAG10
AG
One week.

Teddy Perkins
AG
CAN NOT WAIT!

Farmer1906
AG
redline248
AG
I laugh every time. It's a special kind of dude that is impressed by his own pitches.
Farmer1906
AG
How worried is Tyler over MLB looking at stat cast to identify cheaters?

Farmer1906
AG

Write up on LF.

Here is where we stand
C - 20th
1B - 21st
2B - 2nd
SS - 4th
3B - 2nd
LF - 4th

I would expect CF to be bottom 4 and RF to be around 10th.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Just don't jump the gun like some other team.

I just looked at page 1 of their season thread. I recently read an obituary with more excitement.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MaxPower
Yankees supposedly want a RP for Tauchman. Could we matchup? He can play a passable CF and is an improvement at the 4th OF. Maybe if they would take Taylor and a C level prospect like McCormick (who basically serves the role they would want from Tauchman as a AAA OF they can call up for injuries).
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
I am not sure Taylor makes their roster and I doubt we want to part with 1 of our 2 lefties.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I personally dont want to get rid of Taylor, I like having a young hard throwing lefty reliever
bearkatag15
AG

Farmer1906
AG
I think Dusty found a line up he likes.

tjack16
AG

Tough blow for them
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I think Dusty found a line up he likes.

I'm not a fan of the catcher hitting between Straw and Altuve. Straw might pass Maldy/Castro on the bases
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.