*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,236 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Looking awfully bare at 4th OFer.

Deluxe
AG
Disappointing. I guess all eyes on Siri now as the non roster guy to get a big league deal. If he doesn't give us a good reason to give him a shot, Chas by default.
spadilly
S
TarponChaser said:

Ag_07 said:

I agree with him

100%

The navy blue and orange color scheme is fantastic. The way they tinkered with the blue & gold and then red/black/gold was a travesty.

If they want to bring back vintage uniforms then they need to make the old school rainbow jerseys a regular part of the rotation.

This uniform is iconic IMHO:

These should be our home Friday night uniforms.
bearkatag15
AG

He certainly didn't help his case any
Ag_07
AG
Reddick wanna play for the league minimum?

I'm half kidding
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm half kidding
I'd prefer a righty bat, but at this point why not?
Deluxe
AG
Even if Chas gets onto the roster, my guess is Diaz will get most LF duty when the starters need a day off. Robel Garcia or Toro will be the plug in INF reserve on those days. Then we'll re-assess outfield needs in a couple months depending on health and how Straw is doing.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm half kidding
4 days ago with caption: #BeReady #FreeAgent

https://instagr.am/p/CMpXDM3g6Fg
htxag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm half kidding
What would be the minimum for Reddick? I thought it varied highly dependent on years in the MLB?
Farmer1906
AG
htxag09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm half kidding
What would be the minimum for Reddick? I thought it varied highly dependent on years in the MLB?
I don't believe so. Min is 570k. Most still get just a little more.
Farmer1906
AG
Update on FG's Position Rankings.

bearkatag15
AG
Posting the image only so the people that don't want to give them clicks don't have to. Thought some of their picks were interesting regarding the Astros.
CoachRTM
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

20th anniversary of former Astro Randy Johnson vs a bird.

I know he's a Longhorn, but McConaughey is a trip. Think he's a little nutty, but generally a good guy and is pretty entertaining. I'm a fan.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Wow...what an absolute crock of sh*t and just horses as* way of wording a breakdown. Talk about every complement being back handed and finding the most negative way possible to provide information.

Thanks for posting so none of us provide clicks for that trash
Farmer1906
AG
Once again TED in at 4 and Yordan at 6.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
So we had lots of discussion about Straw leading off...but when was the last time he led off a game this spring? Do we think that ship has sailed?
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

So we had lots of discussion about Straw leading off...but when was the last time he led off a game this spring? Do we think that ship has sailed?
Yes. Dusty changed his tune a few weeks back. It moved on to Correa and Altuve then Correa said he was pretty sure it was going to be Altuve.
zgood10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Once again TED in at 4 and Yordan at 6.

Pretty fn solid
EastCoastAgNc
AG

According to Heyman, Crane was involved in this one. Seems like the big extensions go through him (Bregman, Verlander, now McCullers).
astros4545
AG
Astros signed lance to a 5 year deal
bearkatag15
AG

What luxury tax?
Mathguy64
AG
Now do Correa Just do it.
Farmer1906
AG
Wow. McCullers got ****ing paid. I did not see that coming. Gladly admit I have been wrong.
astros4545
AG
bearkatag15 said:

What luxury tax?
Same deal as Jeff Bagwell if I remember correctly
Farmer1906
AG
That is the exact money Madbum got and very similar to what Eovaldi got, but 1 less year. Both turning out to be horrible deals.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
One of these things is not like the other....
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Yes. Dusty changed his tune a few weeks back. It moved on to Correa and Altuve then Correa said he was pretty sure it was going to be Altuve.
Thats what I thought but I also thought a few days ago someone posted an article about him still being a leading candidate.....who cares at the moment I guess though because McCullers just got paid
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wonder if there's any no-trade stuff involved. Either way, Boras is his agent, so he wasn't settling for a low number.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Wonder if there's any no-trade stuff involved. Either way, Boras is his agent, so he wasn't settling for a low number.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this was a deal negotiated by Crane. This doesn't seem in line with our typical front-office M.O.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

What luxury tax?

His AAV goes from 6.5 to 15.25. Spotrac has us with 6 M available in luxury tax space. This would put us about 3 M over. That 3 M is going to be paid out as ~4 M. Every new dollar spent this year will = 1.30 dollars.
Buck Compton
AG
Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

What luxury tax?

His AAV goes from 6.5 to 15.25. Spotrac has us with 6 M available. This would put us about 3 M over. That 3 M is going to be paid out as ~4 M. Every new dollar spent this year will = 1.30 dollars.
Assuming there isn't other finagling being done
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

Farmer1906 said:

bearkatag15 said:

What luxury tax?

His AAV goes from 6.5 to 15.25. Spotrac has us with 6 M available. This would put us about 3 M over. That 3 M is going to be paid out as ~4 M. Every new dollar spent this year will = 1.30 dollars.
Assuming there isn't other finagling being done
Correct
MaxPower
Farmer1906 said:

That is the exact money Madbum got and very similar to what Eovaldi got, but 1 less year. Both turning out to be horrible deals.
Advanced metric didn't back up either deal. MadBum was clearly past his prime and Eovaldi got paid off one hot post season. LMC's metric say he is better than his ERA may indicate. Health is the bigger question, but the Astros must be content he is good to go a year removed from TJ.
bearkatag15
AG

so it begins....
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.