*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,163 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
texpert68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any other way to watch todays game than ATT sports? Currently have YTTV which still doesn't have that channel...
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe MLB sub with VPN showing you're out of the blackout zone. Not even sure that works.
shano0603
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Dusty just said he is working both Maldy and Castro at 1B. Sounds like we could see 1 or both of them at some point this year subbing in for Yuli

I'm guessing Castro would be the best option there. I assume he's the more athletic of the two

Jason thanks you. Nobody has ever called him athletic
Bregxit
AG
Bad look for Taylor Jones there.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think so. Jones isn't likely to be a mainstay on the 26 man unless there are injuries. We need some versatility, especially if we carry 13 pitchers.
bearkatag15
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
And the Marlins' reply.

Harry Dunne
shano0603 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Dusty just said he is working both Maldy and Castro at 1B. Sounds like we could see 1 or both of them at some point this year subbing in for Yuli

I'm guessing Castro would be the best option there. I assume he's the more athletic of the two

Jason thanks you. Nobody has ever called him athletic
9th fastest catcher in baseball last year at age 33 (only one in top 10 over age 30) after having spent the last 20 years crouching ain't bad. Plays above average defense.

I mean he's not Bo Jackson but he's pretty athletic. I'm sure he can play capable first base.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Tucker had an awesome AB.

Ag4life80
AG
Yordan needs to be the everyday guy at 1B next year. Make it happen, Dusty. Peel off those gloves, sweatbands and wristwatch and make it happen.
Deluxe
AG
Now he's got plate discipline to go along with his sweet stroke, elite speed and chiseled good looks
bearkatag15
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Yordan needs to be the everyday guy at 1B next year. Make it happen, Dusty. Peel off those gloves, sweatbands and wristwatch and make it happen.
No he doesn't. He needs to bat 4-5 times a game and that's it. He can wrap himself in bubblewrap when he's not in the batters box.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ag4life80 said:

No he doesn't. He needs to bat 4-5 times a game and that's it. He can wrap himself in bubblewrap when he's not in the batters box.

I'd be 110% fine with him as our David Ortiz. DH every game except for the World Series at an NL park where he plays first
astros4545
AG
Ag4life80 said:

I think he doesn't have the skills needed
Instead, we are resorting to use our backup catchers in a pinch
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

Ag4life80 said:

I think he doesn't have the skills needed
Instead, we are resorting to use our backup catchers in a pinch
This is like complaining that Kate doesn't also have the skills necessary to do JV's taxes.
Ag4life80
AG
Well, so far Dusty is your guy for the bubblewrap. Good Lord, I've never seen a pro athlete so pampered after minor surgery. Wondering if it was truly minor.
Farmer1906
AG
Minor surgery that kept him out of all last year for a young guy with an injury history. When healthy he showed he's one of the best hitters in all of baseball. We'd be stupid to push him now for early meaningless spring games.
bearkatag15
AG

A LA Judge threw out a lawsuit against the Astros from a Dodgers pitcher that said they ruined his career
astros4545
AG
Oyster DuPree
AG
bearkatag15 said:

A LA Judge threw out a lawsuit against the Astros from a Dodgers pitcher that said they ruined his career

His lawyer had a negative career WAR, just like him. Should have looked at the advanced metrics
bearkatag15
AG

Miggy!!!
Ag_07
AG
Still talking about some crap that happened 4 years ago.
tjack16
AG
Approaching 2 weeks until opening day
BMX Bandit
the Yordan v catchers at 1B is not a Dusty issue, but coming from the front office
k20dub
AG
Ag_07 said:

Get ready. With no fans last year, guarantee the Astros will be getting some boos as they travel this season.
tjack16
AG
k20dub said:

Ag_07 said:

Get ready. With no fans last year, guarantee the Astros will be getting some boos as they travel this season.

It'll be a lot of boos all season. Trip to the Bronx will be tough

Hopefully we win a lot and shut them up
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

k20dub said:

Ag_07 said:

Can't wait!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
wangus12
AG
k20dub said:

Ag_07 said:

Naw dog. Everybody forgot about all that stuff.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

k20dub said:

Ag_07 said:

All this means is we're going to get badass Correa this year. I think all of the crap from last spring really turned him into a major leader in the clubhouse and he's not going to crap from anyone.

Let Correa and Lance give this team the edge they'll need when they go on the road this year. Even Machete has a little edge to him.

I think we're good.
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

k20dub said:

Ag_07 said:

All this means is we're going to get badass Correa this year. I think all of the crap from last spring really turned him into a major leader in the clubhouse and he's not going to crap from anyone.

Let Correa and Lance give this team the edge they'll need when they go on the road this year. Even Machete has a little edge to him.

I think we're good.

We need to get Bregman back to his 2019 confidence level too. That was sorely lacking last year.

Badass Correa and cocky Bregman would lead us deep into the postseason
W
AG
A.J. and the Tigers will be at MMP the second week of April
Beat40
W said:

A.J. and the Tigers will be at MMP the second week of April
I'm sure whatever fans in attendance will give AJ a warm welcome. At least I hope they do.
CFTXAG10
AG
So this DeGrom guy is pretty good
bearkatag15
AG
oh boy Pena... took DeGrom deep
CFTXAG10
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CMfRvZ4p3kt
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.