Astro Beanballs

9,701 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by South Platte
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Danny Vermin said:

You serious. Clark?

I can't even count how many times Astros fans have called for other teams players to get " earholed" on this forum. What a shifty fan base full of hypocrites.

Every team has fans that say that. It's a way of voicing displeasure and/or the desire for retaliation, but nobody in their right mind actually wants someone to take one in the ear. It just sounds tougher than calling for someone to be hit in the ribs or thigh. I get that you don't like the Astros, but at least pretend that you've heard other fans talk about the game.
In that case, the guy saying "cheaters get drilled" could easily be dismissed as simply "someone voicing displeasure", not actually wanting someone to take one in the ear. That's what BCG was asking, right?
agproducer
AG
Danny Vermin said:

You serious. Clark?

I can't even count how many times Astros fans have called for other teams players to get " earholed" on this forum. What a shifty fan base full of hypocrites.
Dude, I was the originator of the "earholed" comment. It was specifically against Odor. I was pissed at the time I posted it. I own it. It was a lapse in judgment. It was a mistake. Obviously, I don't want someone's career or life threatened over a game. It's time to put this to rest.
Aggies2009
AG
"I said I want this guy beaned in the head, but I OBVIOUSLY don't mean it." Got it.
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

"I said I want this guy beaned in the head, but I OBVIOUSLY don't mean it." Got it.

Wow. I'm sure you've never said something then you were mad or posted something you didn't mean. But ok.
Aggies2009
AG
agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

Wow. I'm sure you've never said something then you were mad or posted something you didn't mean. But ok.
Cool. Go cry to the mods and brag about it again.

Forgive me for taking you at what words you said.
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

No crying here. No bragging here. I'm just stating what happened, but use what you want to fit your narrative.

Good luck to your team.

Aggies2009
AG
agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

No crying here. No bragging here. I'm just stating what happened, but use what you want to fit your narrative.

Good luck to your team.

Narrative?

Lmao

You said you want the guy earholed.

Then you said you obviously don't want that. Those are facts. No narrative.
Wicked Good Ag
8 game suspension for not hitting anyone. Which would be like 20-25 games of a regular season

Way to harsh
Aggies2009
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

8 game suspension for not hitting anyone. Which would be like 20-25 games of a regular season

Way to harsh
Meh, you can't have people throwing at heads.

I'm sure the MLBPA will get that reduced to like 2 games.
agproducer
AG
Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

Good luck to your team.

Narrative?

Lmao

Whatever, man.

Pull the quote. Don't put words in my mouth.

Good luck to your team.
Aggies2009
AG
agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

agproducer said:

Aggies2009 said:

Good luck to your team.

Narrative?

Lmao

Whatever, man.

Pull the quote. Don't put words in my mouth.

Good luck to your team.
Aggies2009
AG
Kelly appealing and is available for tonight's game, pending the appeal.

Will be interesting to see if his suspension is reduced (likely) and how much it will be. I could see 3 games or something, but not 8. Of course, Manfred is actually setting precedence for once.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Danny Vermin said:

You serious. Clark?

Every team has fans that say that. It's a way of voicing displeasure and/or the desire for retaliation, but nobody in their right mind actually wants someone to take one in the ear. It just sounds tougher than calling for someone to be hit in the ribs or thigh. I get that you don't like the Astros, but at least pretend that you've heard other fans talk about the game.
In that case, the guy saying "cheaters get drilled" could easily be dismissed as simply "someone voicing displeasure", not actually wanting someone to take one in the ear. That's what BCG was asking, right?

Fine by me. I don't remember ever saying that I had a problem with that comment.

I think if anything, the funny part of the original comment is the implication that the Astros are the only ones who cheated and/or deserve to be hit. Joe Kelly himself was on a team that was busted for the same kind of cheating, and he's also been suspected (with pretty clear evidence) of using a foreign substance on the mound... against the Astros, no less.
Aggies2009
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Aggies2009 said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Danny Vermin said:

You serious. Clark?

Fine by me. I don't remember ever saying that I had a problem with that comment.

I think if anything, the funny part of the original comment is the implication that the Astros are the only ones who cheated and/or deserve to be hit. Joe Kelly himself was on a team that was busted for the same kind of cheating, and he's also been suspected (with pretty clear evidence) of using a foreign substance on the mound... against the Astros, no less.
I can agree with all of this.

It was an even bigger joke how much Manfred swept under the rug regarding the 2018 Red Sox.
AgDotCom

Would love to see Kelly have a plate appearance against Houston in Sept. @ LA but it won't happen.
Danny Vermin
Manfred could have stopped this from even getting started if he would have done the right thing and stripped the " title*" from those cheatin' sons of beetches. The astros deserve every beaning they get .
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Would love to see Kelly have a plate appearance in Sept. in LA but it won't happen.

Don't get hurt out on that limb
Aggies2009
AG
AgDotCom said:

Would love to see Kelly have a plate appearance against Houston in Sept. @ LA but it won't happen.
The Astros can't really afford to throw at him, can they?
Panama Red
AG
What's the punishment for throwing at a guy sitting in the "extended dugout"?
Unemployed
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Manfred could have stopped this from even getting started if he would have done the right thing and stripped the " title*" from those cheatin' sons of beetches. The astros deserve every beaning they get .
Get over it already.

You're acting like a child.
03_Aggie
Danny Vermin said:

Danny Vermin

rsf0626
Crazy how fast this team went from darlings of the MLB a few years ago to by far the most hated in the league
rsf0626
03_Aggie
Danny Vermin said:

I'm not surprised a search of Rangers WS trophy returns no images.
Unemployed
AG
03_Aggie said:

Danny Vermin said:

I'm not surprised a search of Rangers WS trophy returns no images.
+1
Aggies2009
AG
rsf0626 said:

Crazy how fast this team went from darlings of the MLB a few years ago to by far the most hated in the league
Pretty sad. Altuve was loved by everyone as the big underdog who overcame it all. Instead, people only remember him as an unlikeable cheater.
Panama Red
AG
rsf0626 said:

Leftist elite east coast media very powerful
Danny Vermin
Its not just east coast media this time, its freaking everyone in pro sports especially MLB. Maybe the Patriots are sympathetic but we all know why.
azul_rain
I've never seen a more disgusting and pathetic fan base than the Houston Astros, great reflection of your swamp of a city. Joe kelly is a martyr now and the astros are still cheaters
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
Aggies2009
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Its not just east coast media this time, its freaking everyone in pro sports especially MLB. Maybe the Patriots are sympathetic but we all know why.
Pfft. It's everyone else who's wrong for condemning cheating.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Aggies2009 said:

rsf0626 said:

Pretty sad. Altuve was loved by everyone as the big underdog who overcame it all. Instead, people only remember him as an unlikeable cheater.

Well, ya know, maybe he shouldn't have cheated...
rsf0626
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Aggies2009 said:

rsf0626 said:

Well, ya know, maybe he shouldn't have cheated...

Not an astros fan btw. Just making an observation
rsf0626
tjack16
AG
If the MLB had done the same type of investigation into every team like they did with the Astros into sign stealing from the 2015-2019 seasons, I wonder if only 1 team would have been found guilty.
Panama Red
AG
Danny Vermin said:

You are a sucker for what ESPN tells you to think. Don't feel bad. Lots of people believe CNN telling them to hate Trump. You aren't alone, just not in gods company
Aggie_3
**** em the Astros deserve every single intentional hit by pitch they get

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.