****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,638,656 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deluxe said:

If Greinke does go today and give us 5 with a lead, do you let Javier bridge to Paredes/Pressly or leave him in the back pocket for tomorrow?
I leave Greinke in until we don't have the lead
Marvin
AG
BCSGrubber said:

My biggest concern with Garcia is the amount of pitches he throws up in the zone.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/luis-garcia-677651?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

Great info, but how does this compare to the other options? He might still be the best strategy.

ClickClack
AG
Damn it. We really need greinke.

Figure it out. Take some painkillers. Gotta win today.
EagleAg19
Interesting read on our k% and postseason success. If the paywall comes up, put your browser in incognito.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/who-wins-in-october-teams-that-dont-strike-out-11602154800
astros4545
AG
Garcia threw 5 shutout against Oakland in his first start right?

I think he is as good an option as any to give us actual length
Beat40
Ideally I'd like to get a combination of 6-7 out of him and Javier.
old ag 2003
AG
I've truly never seen anything like this. We literally do not have anyone to pitch.

The A's have blown through relievers too, I have to imagine they are hurting.
astros4545
AG
I know of someone on their team with a fresh arm
Farmer1906
AG
Don't you say Sneed.
Farmer1906
AG
Fastballs up are fine. Keep those at the very top of the zone and you'll be effective. Cole and Verlander dominate up there.
TRM
AG
He said THEIR team.
07ag
AG
i'd have greinke, garcia, javier, scrub, paredes, pressly as the 'planned' order today, of course not using the pieces you don't need or are hurt. james and sneed as backups if we're up or down by more than a touchdown.

if james/sneed comes in in a medium/high leverage situation, i'm turning the tv off and will read the outcome in the boxscore tomorrow
bearkatag15
AG

Please ZG.. Please
Farmer1906
AG
TRM said:

He said THEIR team.
Reading is hard for me.
bearkatag15
AG
Click's interview this morning on 790

https://sportstalk790.iheart.com/featured/sean-salisbury/content/2020-10-08-astros-gm-james-click-talks-alds-on-790-gives-latest-on-game-four-starter/?Keyid=socialflow&Pname=local_social&Sc=editorial

BCSGrubber
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Fastballs up are fine. Keep those at the very top of the zone and you'll be effective. Cole and Verlander dominate up there.
I was more referencing how the ball is flying out of Dodgers stadium not that it isnt an effective way to pitch
ClickClack
AG
Makes me wish we could've closed that game out yesterday even more to give ZG a little more time to heal up for the next series. Good news though even if he doesn't start today.
AggieLit
^I think we all wish they could have closed out that game yesterday, for a variety of reasons.

Hopefully a night's sleep takes the feeling of it away from the guys' minds, because it was a real kick in the junk. All the bad memories of the regular season rushing back.

If Greinke takes the mound, it could be a little like Verlander demanding the ball in Game 4 of last year's series against the Rays. A chance for a veteran to grit his teeth and show what he's worth. Or a chance to show human limitations.
Big Al 1992
AG
Nice thing is it isn't the offense that didn't get it done like a lot of the regular season. It was one mismanaged pitcher. The offense has woken up and looks fantastic (other than Reddick - his last AB was painful.)
Offense is what this team is known for and they have 2 games to come through just once.
astros4545
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Nice thing is it isn't the offense that didn't get it done like a lot of the regular season. It was one mismanaged pitcher. The offense has woken up and looks fantastic (other than Reddick - his last AB was painful.)
Offense is what this team is known for and they have 2 games to come through just once.

Reddick's at bat wasn't painful

It was a full count against a guy who throws 98 and is one of the best in baseball, he swung at strikes
It was painful because he didnt hit a grand slam, sure
tjack16
AG
If we close it out today then we get two days off. That is huge
W
AG
astros4545 said:

I know of someone on their team with a fresh arm
yes, it's become comical with what the A's are doing.

and more comical how the national media is largely ignoring the story
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Deluxe said:

If Greinke does go today and give us 5 with a lead, do you let Javier bridge to Paredes/Pressly or leave him in the back pocket for tomorrow?
I leave Greinke in until we don't have the lead

So top of the first?
bearkatag15
AG
ClickClack
AG
YES
Teddy Perkins
AG
Buck Compton
AG
astros4545 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

It was a full count against a guy who throws 98 and is one of the best in baseball, he swung at strikes
He swing at two balls per the tracker yesterday. And wasn't close to putting any of them in play. Another bad decision by Dusty. Yes, it was painful to watch.
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Now just don't do anything stupid like pulling him early like with G7 of the WS

I don't care if he gets into trouble either, our pen is not a better option...

Buck Compton
AG
We need good Greinke now. And we need 6 from him if we can.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

this is good news regarding the alternatives, but man I'd be pleased if we got 3 IP, 3 R.
bearkatag15
AG

I think this has to do with Reddick hitting Montas well in the past I believe

EDIT: Yep he is 6 for 17 with a walk and 2 K's vs Montas in his career.
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

we all love Reddick, but he doesn't need to be in these games unless it's absolutely necessary ...or ceremonial.
W
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

especially if the Astros have the lead when ZG is out of gas
old ag 2003
AG
Realistically we need to hope for 3 runs in 5 from greinke. He hasn't been himself and balls are flying out, so let's hope the offense goes off and greinke manages things.
First Page Last Page
Page 650 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.