****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,652,373 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No Whitley...

lunchbox
wcrew93
AG
Deluxe said:

mathguy86 said:

So I know that video makes the zapruder film look like The Godfather in quality comparison but if they can pull any editing off and publicly tie it to the Yankees in 2018, Manfred if going to have a mess. And I will have no sympathy for his position. You don't make one team a scapegoat unless you are 110% sure no one else can be found guilty of the same crime. Or 1000% certain the big boys can't be found guilty.

I would guess the Astros and Red Sox organizations were able to provide MLB with much better evidence that the Yankees stole signs with video. Problem is just definitively proving the Yankees relayed those signs for live in game use without a whistle blower or some other proof.
I agree with this. MLB may already have sufficient evidence. The key will be to get it out in the public so that MLB is forced to address it.
Ag_07
AG
Whitley has to be a team control thing.

I would think this is the ideal situation to get him up here and get some big league innings.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
tjack16
AG
Whitley still isn't getting called up? I think that tells us a lot
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjholley16 said:

He still might, but if yesterday showed anything, it's that we desperately need bullpen help, and we'll likely need more after whoever starts Wednesday against the Dodgers gets ambushed. Plus, why would they send Whitley out there for his first start against the Dodgers? That could potentially ruin him mentally, and he doesn't exactly seem strong in that department.
k20dub
AG
Now you have players openly rooting for this situation to play out so they can show how "right" their decision was.

tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjholley16 said:

He still might, but if yesterday showed anything, it's that we desperately need bullpen help, and we'll likely need more after whoever starts Wednesday against the Dodgers gets ambushed. Plus, why would they send Whitley out there for his first start against the Dodgers? That could potentially ruin him mentally, and he doesn't exactly seem strong in that department.

You could use Whitley in long relief like Peacock has been used. It can't hurt to get him 3 innings of work every 3-4 games. Especially given we might need a good long reliever
Deluxe
AG
There's no better place than Twitter to narcissistically express to the world how right you were about your hot take
htxag09
AG
Really don't want to get political, but welcome to 2020. This has been going on all year. People are basically hoping for cases to prove how they were right and everyone else was wrong.
CFTXAG10
AG
Deluxe said:

There's no better place than Twitter to narcissistically express to the world how right you were about your hot take
I check it a lot for sports news and information, but I honestly think we would be much better off without it
Farmer1906
AG
Want to know how health gets put first? You cancel the season. You hide in your house. You never go outside again or have anyone in again.

Or you can figure out a plan. Take precautions. Play and continue to live life.
tjack16
AG
Here's my solution. If it ends up being bad between the teams the marlins played and Phillies played ... then it's contained to the Eastern divisions

Worst case: give that region the week and cancel the next 2 series for each of those teams. That way the East only misses 5-6 games and the other two regions don't.

The East will play a 54 game schedule and west/Central play 60

In the grand scheme of things it won't effect anything except the East gets a week of rest so early in the season that won't really have an impact on october.

This is the benefit of only playing teams in your division and your counter division this season. Outbreaks don't effect the other divisions
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Deluxe said:

I check it a lot for sports news and information, but I honestly think we would be much better off without it
I got rid of my account a few months ago and haven't missed it. Had a limited number of sports/pop culture follows but became impossible to ignore the cesspool. Hope more and more people do the same. Plenty of other places to get information.
Beat40
Players, coaches, people in the organization, and their family's also have to take some responsibility to reduce their exposure during the season too.

I think your plan works, but if people are just going out willy nilly without taking much personal precaution, I don't know how we'll make it through an entire season with any division.
gougler08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Want to know how health gets put first? You cancel the season. You hide in your house. You never go outside again or have anyone in again.

Hey more power to David Price if he wants to give up millions of $$ because he's scared of the virus. It's a choice he can make and while I completely disagree with it, no big deal
CFTXAG10
AG
Deluxe said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Deluxe said:

I got rid of my account a few months ago and haven't missed it. Had a limited number of sports/pop culture follows but became impossible to ignore the cesspool. Hope more and more people do the same. Plenty of other places to get information.
Yea, I unfollowed a crapload of accounts and deleted the app from my phone. A reminder that I actually have to purposefully login to read anything now instead of just clicking the logo. It has stopped me a few times.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah it's his right to sit out and that's cool I don't hold that against him.

But in my opinion if you're not playing and not taking the risk then you've lost the right to stand up on your soapbox and need to just sit back and STFU.
W
AG
it's not a coincidence that Price is on his 5th team in 7 seasons
Farmer1906
AG
gougler08 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hey more power to David Price if he wants to give up millions of $$ because he's scared of the virus. It's a choice he can make and while I completely disagree with it, no big deal
Except he likely isn't. I believe(maybe mistaken so much back and forth) the final agreement said players could opt out and still get their money.
Farmer1906
AG

Sucks for Kluber. I thought it was a smart signing for Arlington.
aggiederelict
My guess he will be out at least 6 weeks. Not a common injury but does happen in pitchers.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yep. Maybe that risk is why the Indians were willing to sell him for seemingly pennies on the dollar.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Was a trade, but yea...bad move. Generally, yesterday was a really bad day to be a pitcher.
W
AG
so the list of starting pitchers currently on the shelf in 2020 (due to a variety of reasons):

- Verlander
- Kershaw
- Strasburg
- Kluber
- Price
- Sale
- Stroman

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Tanaka too after the got the line drive to the head.
Ag_07
AG
W said:

so the list of starting pitchers currently on the shelf in 2020 (due to a variety of reasons):

- Verlander
- Kershaw
- Strasburg
- Kluber
- Price
- Sale
- Stroman

That's pretty damning evidence towards a correlation of injuries to these guys not getting regular work this entire spring/summer.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He gone
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone
610 can eat a fat dick
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
Did you really expect to come out and say 'Yeah I love it here. I don't wanna play anywhere else. I wanna retire an Astro'.

All part of the game/negotiation process.

With that said he was probably gone when they didn't get a deal done before the season started.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone

George likes Houston. Anywhere you spend the prime years of your life you will have some affinity towards. However, I fully expect George to feel taken advantage up by delaying his start to the bigs. Now he's hitting the market at 31 and not 29. 29 year old George could have maybe gotten 200 M. 31 year old George won't sniff that. It's his right to hit the market and get paid what's he's worth. It sounds like he wants to unless Houston really gives him a fat deal now.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG

TED is back at DH

1. I don't love L, L back to back.
2. We benched the hottest hitter in baseball (mildly kidding)
3. Much prefer Bregs at 3.
Deluxe
AG
My hunch is that we let Springer walk, use some of the saved short term $$ to retain Brantley and Yuli with tack on deals, and bookmark the longer term $$ for Correa or LMJ after 2021.
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.