****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,296 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How many times are two players from the same team on the same base?
lunchbox
CFTXAG10 said:

I understand the Miami cancellation, but cancelling Philly-NY? Can they not just test everybody and move on?
the MLB testing is a joke. If they were to test them today, they wouldn't get the results until Wednesday (morning, I think).
Big Al 1992
AG
Darren Rovell can EAD. He's loving the " I told you so".

n_touch
Big Al 1992 said:

It was all set up from the start - everyone can say "we tried", players get paid, and gives them bargaining for 2021.
Said this way back when they agreed to start the process. This was NEVER about playing a FULL season. It was about the illusion of playing a season.
YNWA_AG
AG
I hope that no Phillies players got it that's for sure.
CFTXAG10
AG
lunchbox said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I understand the Miami cancellation, but cancelling Philly-NY? Can they not just test everybody and move on?
the MLB testing is a joke. If they were to test them today, they wouldn't get the results until Wednesday (morning, I think).
I have heard the same, which is a problem. They need to have rapid testing available during outbreaks like this
n_touch
Big Al 1992 said:

Darren Rovell can EAD. He's loving the " I told you so".

Doesn't he have some college player to harass about a couple signatures or something
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
bluefire579
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Hopefully it stays that way. Keep the rest of the games going, cancel when you need to, bring up minor leaguers to fill in the gaps when someone needs to quarantine, and sort it out at the end of the season with the expanded playoffs.
Big Al 1992
AG
bluefire579 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Hopefully it stays that way. Keep the rest of the games going, cancel when you need to, bring up minor leaguers to fill in the gaps when someone needs to quarantine, and sort it out at the end of the season with the expanded playoffs.

That would make too much sense. This is MLB we're talking about.
spadilly
S
gigemJTH12
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

its been like 10 minutes..

give it time. they will cancel a bunch of **** before the end of today.
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Whatever side of the "severity" argument you fall on, this was going to happen with a highly contagious respiratory disease. Lots of people in close contact for 20 days and non-isolation.
Ag_07
AG
I get the argument of young healthy athletes aren't affected by it, but the coaching and support staffs have to be a big concern.

Look at our team. Baker and Strom both come to mind immediately. Across the league there are lots of older guys who fall into the high risk category that are in close contact with players.

So given that aspect I can see where some of the concern is coming from.
lunchbox
If I was a player, I wouldn't use the visitor's locker room at all. I'd suit up at the hotel, bring my bag with everything in it on the bus and go straight to the dugout. After the game, I'd go straight to the bus.
jakeaggie84
AG
They should let them keep going and use it as a case study on the infection rate, symptoms, Treatment and mortality rate of corona. Do it for baseball and basketball. Have that double blind study no one seems to be able to get.
PhatMack19
AG
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

I get the argument of young healthy athletes aren't affected by it, but the coaching and support staffs have to be a big concern.

Look at our team. Baker and Strom both come to mind immediately. Across the league there are lots of older guys who fall into the high risk category that are in close contact with players.

So given that aspect I can see where some of the concern is coming from.

I would have concern if we were keeping our coaches as slaves unable to opt out
Ag_07
AG
You can't just say 'Oh you chose to be here so F it...We're not taking any precautions for you'.

But OK...
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

You can't just say 'Oh you chose to be here so F it...We're not taking any precautions for you'.

But OK...

Where did I say not to take precautions

Aren't the masks 100% effective?
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64
AG
This will be interesting. If it were the Yankees instead of the Marlins I'm betting MLB would handle it differently.
Farmer1906
AG
100000%
tjack16
AG
I'm hoping we get a full slate of games in today besides the two already cancelled
W
AG
yep, like I posted in the offseason...everyone will get to know the term: "winning percentage"

that will determine the division champions and playoff teams
W
AG
and it's disgraceful as to how gleeful the media is over the cancellations
Farmer1906
AG

Uh oh!
wangus12
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Because he made the mistake of having children
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Uh oh!
Could be wrong but couldn't the Yankees just say they were recording the signs to de-code for future use? The illegal part seems to be relaying the signs stolen via technology for live/in-game use.

Obviously I wouldn't believe that for a second but it seems difficult to prove 1) sign stealing using video and 2) use those signs in same game, without a whistle blower or some other super obvious method.
Mathguy64
AG
So I know that video makes the zapruder film look like The Godfather in quality comparison but if they can pull any editing off and publicly tie it to the Yankees in 2018, Manfred if going to have a mess. And I will have no sympathy for his position. You don't make one team a scapegoat unless you are 110% sure no one else can be found guilty of the same crime. Or 1000% certain the big boys can't be found guilty.
Marvin
AG
Early observations... way too early, yes, but i'd rather talk about this than more pandemic crap:

• Thankful for Maldonado bringing the wood early!. He won't sustain it, but anything close to this and he will be a real asset at the bottom of the lineup.
  • Somewhat surprised to see Reddick getting all the RF playing time.
  • Altuve has been swinging at 59 foot trash. 5 K's already, yikes. He will hit, and I hope it starts soon.
  • The tight strike zone hurt Greinke, but regardless the M's put some serious lumber on him. Look forward to him getting some calls and keeping the ball away from the middle.
  • McCullers might end up being our MVP on the mound.
  • Diaz... was anyone surprised?
  • Can't wait to get Alvarez and Urquidy in Houston!

Also- Biggio's was a great place to watch Friday night's opener. It was about as close (literally) to MMP as you could get. Good rowdy crowd, so make your way down there on the weekend if you get the chance.

Last thought: Don't get too discouraged about JV or the Marlins. I suspect this will be a roller coaster all the way... however long the 2020 track ends up being. No sense worrying about what hasn't happened. We have enough on our plates as it is. Stay safe, boys!

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
mathguy86 said:

So I know that video makes the zapruder film look like The Godfather in quality comparison but if they can pull any editing off and publicly tie it to the Yankees in 2018, Manfred if going to have a mess. And I will have no sympathy for his position. You don't make one team a scapegoat unless you are 110% sure no one else can be found guilty of the same crime. Or 1000% certain the big boys can't be found guilty.

I would guess the Astros and Red Sox organizations were able to provide MLB with much better evidence that the Yankees stole signs with video. Problem is just definitively proving the Yankees relayed those signs for live in game use without a whistle blower or some other proof.
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

mathguy86 said:

I would guess the Astros and Red Sox organizations were able to provide MLB with much better evidence that the Yankees stole signs with video. Problem is just definitively proving the Yankees relayed those signs for live in game use without a whistle blower or some other proof.

Yeah, if they're smart they will clam up and force MLB to prove it. However, maybe an ex like Gray or Gregorius will pull a Fiers and squeal. Doubt it, but who knows.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.