****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,252 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think we can pay Correa what he wants. George IMO is clearly better than Carlos. But Correa is going to demand more money and a longer term deal.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

He gone

George likes Houston. Anywhere you spend the prime years of your life you will have some affinity towards. However, I fully expect George to feel taken advantage up by delaying his start to the bigs. Now he's hitting the market at 31 and not 29. 29 year old George could have maybe gotten 200 M. 31 year old George won't sniff that. It's his right to hit the market and get paid what's he's worth. It sounds like he wants to unless Houston really gives him a fat deal now.

I got zero issues with George looking out for #1 after the Astros did the same to him. Hope we can keep him in the orange and blue, though.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mr.Bond
AG
Its a lose lose with Springer. Hes the heart and soul of the team.....buuuuut, with the way he plays there is no way you can lock up a big chunk of your team salary in a player like that who is on the wrong side of 30
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't think we can pay Correa what he wants. George IMO is clearly better than Carlos. But Correa is going to demand more money and a longer term deal.

Doubt we can keep both
gougler08
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gougler08 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Want to know how health gets put first? You cancel the season. You hide in your house. You never go outside again or have anyone in again.

Or you can figure out a plan. Take precautions. Play and continue to live life.

Hey more power to David Price if he wants to give up millions of $$ because he's scared of the virus. It's a choice he can make and while I completely disagree with it, no big deal
Except he likely isn't. I believe(maybe mistaken so much back and forth) the final agreement said players could opt out and still get their money.
Oh if that's the case, never mind
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Doubt we can keep both
100% agree.

I think Carlos is going to cost something like 200-250 M over 7-9 years, while George is more like 100-125 over 4-5 years.

Either way, I think we'll be paying for their mid-30s.
The Milkman
AG
I'd rather Spring 10 times out of 10 over Correa all things considered
spadilly
S
The Milkman said:

I think I agree, but playoff Correa is unmatched.
tjack16
AG
Springer and Correa have been my favorite Astros since 2015. Losing either one will suck ... but it seems inevitable

I just hope we don't lose both
Ag_07
AG
spadilly said:

The Milkman said:

What if I told you playoff George matches and probably even outmatches playoff Correa?
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

spadilly said:

The Milkman said:

What if I told you playoff George matches and probably even outmatches playoff Correa?

Yep. They really are 1A and 1B in regards to postseason performance. It's wild to see that stat they put up last year about when both of them homer in the same playoff games

ALCS game 2. ALCS game 3, WS game 4 (or was it 5?), and then even in the 2017 postseason ALDS game 2, WS Game 2, and 5
lunchbox
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Astros Stats (@astro_numbers) Tweeted:
Remember when the Astros rotation was Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Dallas Keuchel, Charlie Morton, and Lance McCullers Jr.? Those were good times.
tjack16
AG

Here was his full answer. He basically didn't answer, but I really Didn't think he would say yes or no. He has a lot of negotiating leverage
tjack16
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Remember when the Astros rotation was Justin Verlander, Gerrit Cole, Dallas Keuchel, Charlie Morton, and Lance McCullers Jr.? Those were good times.

The 2018 rotation, with this years lineup (inlcluding Yordan) would be unstoppable

We would have been WS champions in 2019 if we held onto Morton. And the reason I say that is because Hinch was hesitant to bring Cole out of the pen unless we had the lead and it was to start an inning .... he wouldn't have been hesitant to bring in CFM from the pen in game 7.
W
AG
Deluxe said:

My hunch is that we let Springer walk, use some of the saved short term $$ to retain Brantley and Yuli with tack on deals, and bookmark the longer term $$ for Correa or LMJ after 2021.
I think this is exactly what the front office is thinking.

the 'stros can probably keep both Brantley and Yuli for 2021 & 2022...for the same amount it would cost to keep George.

and the franchise has to save some money for Lance
Mathguy64
AG
tjholley16 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

The 2018 rotation, with this years lineup (inlcluding Yordan) would be unstoppable

We would have been WS champions in 2019 if we held onto Morton
We would have been Champs if Verlander and Cole had not lost games 1, 2 and 6 at home. Or Hinch hadn't become insane in game 7. Or our hitters didn't completely forget how to hit in games 1, 2, 6 and 7 at home.
JJxvi
AG
tjholley16 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

We would have been WS champions in 2019 if we held onto Morton. And the reason I say that is because Hinch was hesitant to bring Cole out of the pen unless we had the lead and it was to start an inning .... he wouldn't have been hesitant to bring in CFM from the pen in game 7.
You think we might have won the world series in a year where our rotation was CYA-1, CYA-2, CYA-3? Yeah that wouldve been pretty solid...

Morton was 3rd in the Cy Young voting last year.
W
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Its a lose lose with Springer. Hes the heart and soul of the team.....buuuuut, with the way he plays there is no way you can lock up a big chunk of your team salary in a player like that who is on the wrong side of 30
yes, Springer is on the wrong side of 30. Cannot give a position player that age a 6 or 7-year deal. Have to let another team make that mistake
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

My hunch is that we let Springer walk, use some of the saved short term $$ to retain Brantley and Yuli with tack on deals, and bookmark the longer term $$ for Correa or LMJ after 2021.

To me this is the best case scenario if we have to lose springer. The 2021 OF would be Brantley, ?, and Tucker

My guess in this scenario is we try to get a cheap 1 year CF like a Dexter Fowler/Marisnick type, or we depend on Straw
tjack16
AG
That's true. Game 1 still pisses me off. We should have won that game and the series in 5
redline248
AG
I hate the business of baseball in today's world. I love both Springer and Correa and don't want to see them in another uniform.
Ag_07
AG
We could've and should've won without Charlie.

Not having him wasn't why we lost.
Deluxe
AG
tjholley16 said:

Deluxe said:

To me this is the best case scenario if we have to lose springer. The 2021 OF would be Brantley, ?, and Tucker

My guess in this scenario is we try to get a cheap 1 year CF like a Dexter Fowler/Marisnick type, or we depend on Straw

I think the hope right now is that Straw can fill the CF role but seems likely that we'd also sign a cheap vet (like the ones listed) as insurance.
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley16 said:

Deluxe said:

I'm not following. Dexter Fowler and Marisnick or very very different types.
W
AG
George's and Reddick's departures would clear about $34 MM.

that's a big chunk of change suddenly available
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjholley16 said:

Deluxe said:

I'm not following. Dexter Fowler and Marisnick or very very different types.

I just mean guys who would warrant their type of money. They are cheaper but not a waste of money ... could get them for less than 8 mil on a 1-2 year deal. The type of guy who can bridge the gap and be semi-productive if one of your prospects is 2 years away from making an impact
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I'm just the messenger, not sure as to the truth of this...

Mathguy64
AG
There you go. Live feed from a big ass telephoto Lens on a catcher. Violated the edict handed down the year before. Burn them to the ground.

Oh. Wait. I forgot. It's the Yankees. Move along. Nothing to see. They didn't win a WS.
Ag_07
AG
Crazy Verlander idea so follow me on this

Lets just assume it's TJ but like others in the past JV can still pitch before he needs the surgery.
But by the time he's shut down and stretched back out it's pretty deep into the shortened season. Plus he's only got X amount of IP left on his arm.

Do you pitch the idea of JV pitching out the pen this year? Limits the innings on his arm but he still contributes and he's not lost for the entire season.

It's really wishful thinking but maybe at that point you can cut Biagini.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
sorry but......reading comprehension,

TED is in LF, Reddick is in RF and Brantley is at DH
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like clear evidence of cheating.
CFTXAG10
AG

tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Looks like clear evidence of cheating.

I'd say sadly it's about as much evidence as Altuve not wanting his jersey ripped off

Suspicious ... but nothing more than that

In order for the MLB to investigate the Yankees, you need more than that video
JJxvi
AG
Teams were actively stealing signs in 2018 and especially in the 2018 playoffs, paranoia ran rampant through the playoffs and games lasted through interminable mound visits for sign changes. The Indians and Astros were basically getting into counterespionage activities with each other, etc.

MLB swept it all under the rug. You can tell they knew, because they then banned all cameras from foul pole to foul pole before the 2019 season (which is theoretically after this video was taken). IMO, part of the reason why they're actively trying to ignore this as a widespread problem is because they've already known specific events that were happening and have already ignored the punishment aspect for those events and now continuing that course is all they want to do. Ie basically "I'm not here to talk about the past" (barring a player opening his big ****ing mouth to rat on his own team). To do otherwise would be embarrassing because they'd end up having to explain why they are punishing a team now for something they had already found out about years ago.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.