****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,629,107 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

My reasoning is the As are still winning the toughest division with their 3 aces underperforming. You want a 3 game series vs Snell, CFM, & Glasnow? I sure don't.

I dont want either TB or Oakland. I'd rather face the White Sox or any central team.

I just know Oakland owns us this season and we suck at their stadium in 2020. Would be a very bad matchup

The only way you face the 3 seed in the second round is if Oakland gets upset.

I know. I'm talking round 1. Round 2 we'd face the 2-7 seed but that's out of our control.
mwm
Me. Pleasantly surprised this am.
W
AG
the White Sox (29-16) might be a little bit of a paper tiger.

the south-siders have lost all 4 series vs. the Twins and Indians. Just 4-8 vs. those 2 playoff teams.

but they have feasted on the Royals, Pirates, and Tigers. Gone 20-3 vs. those 3 clubs.

that's a fairly large discrepancy
Big Al 1992
AG
Last night was fun.

redline248
AG
07ag said:

gave up at 5-1 and went to bed early last night,, pleasantly surprised when i saw the score this morning!

who else willing to admit they were frustrated and gave up?
I had the game on in the background while I watched a TV show on my phone. Show ended in the 8th, so I watched the 9th.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

My reasoning is the As are still winning the toughest division with their 3 aces underperforming. You want a 3 game series vs Snell, CFM, & Glasnow? I sure don't.

I dont want either TB or Oakland. I'd rather face the White Sox or any central team.

I just know Oakland owns us this season and we suck at their stadium in 2020. Would be a very bad matchup

The only way you face the 3 seed in the second round is if Oakland gets upset.

I know. I'm talking round 1. Round 2 we'd face the 2-7 seed but that's out of our control.

That's the difference between the seed and the 4/5 seed. Which is what I was taking about.
Ag_07
AG
I love me some Marwin Gonzales but let's be honest...He's one who definitely benefited from the sign stealing stuff.

And not really on that particular play just overall.

I know he got paid and probably wouldn't have mattered but I wonder JL knowing how much that was helping him played into letting him walk.
BCSGrubber
AG

Dusty must be mad at Greinke
Farmer1906
AG
BCSGrubber said:

What the ****, Dusty?
R-Dog
AG
BCSGrubber said:

I agree. And AJ did the same thing. You've got a day off tomorrow and LA is going with a bullpen day. How do you sit Gurriel, Ted, and Diaz for those 3 slappys at the bottom? What kind of message does that send to your starting pitcher?

Mathguy64
AG
Typical dusty lineup. He has no idea how to manage a roster or make a lineup. I mean they all had Friday off so it's not like they can't play 2 days in a row.

If he's not the worst manager in the ML he's definitely on the short list.
redline248
AG
Man, I cannot stand this bull***** You have a chance to take 2 in LA and you roll out that lineup? wtf
Farmer1906
AG
R-Dog said:

BCSGrubber said:

I agree. And AJ did the same thing. You've got a day off tomorrow and LA is going with a bullpen day. How do you sit Gurriel, Ted, and Diaz for those 3 slappys at the bottom? What kind of message does that send to your starting pitcher?

AJ would rest guys, but he had it scheduled out and adjusted when he needed to. He was trying to keep guys fresh over a 162 game season. He wouldn't rest 3 guys at once in a huge game with his ace on the mound.
Ag_07
AG
Woof
tjack16
AG
Day off two days ago and day off tomorrow... So yes let's give guys rest instead of trying to win the game
bearkatag15
AG
Looks like it injury related stuff except for Tucker

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Looks like it injury related stuff except for Tucker

While it sucks, it makes sense now.
Marvin
AG
Diaz is hurt again? SHOCKED, I tell ya.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Any word on Altuve?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Any word on Altuve?

He'll be back soon
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

Diaz is hurt again? SHOCKED, I tell ya.

He's on the DL almost as much as Giancarlo Stanton
bullard21k
AG
I very rarely complain about injuries because I feel like most people overblow these scenarios. However Diaz's injuries are really starting to pi$$ me off. They are all Soft tissue hamstring or quad injuries

I think at some point, off-season conditioning and getting these specific muscles supported by a number of things has to be considered. He is either carrying weight in the wrong places, is not conditioning correctly or is weight training improper muscles and ignoring others. Freaking figure it out dude. He couldn't make it past game 1 with a massive off-season lay-off. These aren't freak injuries there is something specially not happening

EastCoastAgNc
AG
bullard21k said:

I very rarely complain about injuries because I feel like most people overblow these scenarios. However Diaz's injuries are really starting to pi$$ me off. They are all Soft tissue hamstring or quad injuries

I think at some point, off-season conditioning and getting these specific muscles supported by a number of things has to be considered. He is either carrying weight in the wrong places, is not conditioning correctly or is weight training improper muscles and ignoring others. Freaking figure it out dude. He couldn't make it past game 1 with a massive off-season lay-off. These aren't freak injuries there is something specially not happening

He's arbitration eligible next year. I predict he gets DFA'd. We will need another utility player. Isn't Marwin a FA after this year?
bearkatag15
AG
Looks like the Dodgers are using an opener today... The big fireball reliever, Brusdar Graterol
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Looks like the Dodgers are using an opener today... The big fireball reliever, Brusdar Graterol

We need to score early and often. Nothing worse than letting the opener get deep into the game
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

We need to score early and often. Nothing worse than letting the opener get deep into the game
The preview of the game on the MLB site says he hasn't thrown more than 22 pitches or 1.2 innings this season.

tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

The preview of the game on the MLB site says he hasn't thrown more than 22 pitches or 1.2 innings this season.

Hopefully he doesn't see the 2nd inning
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bullard21k said:

He's arbitration eligible next year. I predict he gets DFA'd. We will need another utility player. Isn't Marwin a FA after this year?

I predict you're wrong. He's cheap. He's solid when healthy. They'll bet on that because we don't have better alternatives and can't afford to get rid of an asset.
Ag_07
AG
And use his injury history against him I'm arbitration.

At least I hope they do.
Farmer1906
AG
Ummm what channel are we on?
falcon09
AG
Looks like ESPN2 for now
Teddy Perkins
AG
ESPN2 for now.
Farmer1906
AG
Thanks. I switched to streaming.

Who the hell watches mens tennis?
bearkatag15
AG
ESPN has Correa mic'd up during the game and I hope we get sassy Correa and he talks some **** on the broadcast.
cap-n-jack
Thanks guys. Thought I was going to have to watch tennis tonight. What do those scores even mean? Can't they just use natural numbers?
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.