****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,796 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Al 1992 said:

So disappointed.

Not to get all F16 but this is a relevant thread. One thing in common - don't resist arrest.

Stifler really took it too far this time!!!
Gap
AG
The Milkman said:

The disrespect for Jackie Robinson shown by the Astros is totally abysmal.

W
AG
that's why it's fair to speculate that there may have been some gamesmanship going on tonight.

the Astros knew the A's "protest" on Thursday pushed Bassitt to Friday's game.

and that is very significant -- not something to dismiss as no big deal
astros4545
AG
johncAG said:

First off, to everyone crying....BYE. No reason to come back. You guys said you were done, back it up.

Second, for anyone actually willing to listen, I believe the demands listed by the Ravens listed in the link would be a good start and a show of good faith. No mention of BLM or Antifa or any other boogeyman needed for scare tactics.

Go Stros and let's win two tomorrow.

F
O
W
AG
sidenote...glad Bregman was in Corpus tonight
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If this turns into a politics thread I'm out.

I don't even know who the people are that just "randomly" showed up tonight.
Texaggie7nine
Here's why I'm not really upset. These are jocks. They have done nothing but Baseball their entire lives. I don't expect them to understand how much of this is a made up overblown issue. Let them be dumb and love on.
7nine
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Here's why I'm not really upset. These are jocks. They have done nothing but Baseball their entire lives. I don't expect them to understand how much of this is a made up overblown issue. Let them be dumb and love on.

I accept this viewpoint
Harry Dunne
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Idiots coming out of the woodwork...worse than in the playoffs - at least those idiots are decent enough to share useless opinions about baseball.
redline248
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Couple of problems with this, imo. 1) As a society we should not be ok with ignorance, especially when 2) as society we give the ignorant such a pedestal to spout off any dumb thing and then act like they are experts.
tjack16
AG
On Jackie Robinson day too ... 7 years after he played him in the movie 42
Texaggie7nine
Unfortunately with today's media, you really have to do some looking to find out real numbers and statistics. If you just check in on news every now and then and pay attention to pop culture you are going to think this is actually a big problem.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
Nuke LaLoosh said:

That is the intention of these cancelations. They want to force the issue to be discussed. They want sports fans who normally talk sports to be forced to talk about BLM even though all it really is is politics.
7nine
TXAG14
W
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Everyone else but Twins-Tigers played. And those teams bailed on a double header.

This didn't come down from above. If it had everyone would have bailed.

IMHO this stinks. They should have played. They are taking advantage of an empty stadium and making a hollow statement. If they are ally want to make a statement bail on the season and donate 1/2 your very large salary to charity. If they play tomorrow they have done this to make themselves look good but done nothing for good.
it's fair to wonder what's next.

kneeling / disrespecting the national anthem has become blase. And boycotting games because of shootings will become yawn-worthy too in a couple of months..

the athletes will have to think of something else just as stupid or ineffective
iBrad
AG
With the NBA ratings in the ****ter, it's shocking that the other sports leagues would follow their lead.
Big Al 1992
AG
Would never have happened if there were fans in the stands.
bluefire579
AG
tjack16 said:

On Jackie Robinson day too ... 7 years after he played him in the movie 42

Ag_07
AG
Why do we care about Bosman on the Astros thread?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag_07 said:

Because we're human beings?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Ag_07 said:

Because we're human beings?

Played Jackie Robinson in 42
linkdude
AG
iBrad
AG
linkdude said:

Similar terrible take being repeated by others. We're going to waste so much time focusing on unimportant **** like statues and police that areas where progress could actually be made will be ignored.
W
AG
what are the odds that games are cancelled or some players refuse to play on the day of the funeral?
ClickClack
AG
W said:

what are the odds that games are cancelled or some players refuse to play on the day of the funeral?

I'd say zero, because he's not dead.
AstroAggie15
AG
If the players hate cops so much how about they fire all the armed security at the ball park
03_Aggie
Nuke LaLoosh said:

So you're saying you're out if politics get inserted into your sports?
Marvin
AG
I've thought about this since last night. I'm not thrilled that the team protested over an apparently degenerate human being. I've yet to hear about the death of anyone, of any color, that did what a police officer told them to do. But, 2020 is the year of agendas and hyper peer pressure, so I get them joining the crowd.

When I was 16 and had just started driving, I lived in a town of 3,000 people. Small podunk place. A group of black men were walking down the middle of the road at their leisure. I stopped behind them and honked. They turned around and encircled my car. Three pulled me out and threatened to kill me on the spot. One put his hand on my throat and told me to get my cracker ass back to whitey part of town. I was 16, maybe 5'-6" and 120 pounds, and scared ****less. I will never forget that day. That was pure hatred and racism. Of course, today I would handle it differently and not honk at all, and damn sure would have made them regret putting their hands on me if it came to that. My point is that I've personally been there, so I 100% support the message that racism, in all forms and from all sides, needs to stop. On that I agree.

Now, as for the Astros. You made a point. Good for you. Make it about everyone- ALL people- and go back to playing ball. I'll still cheer, boo and *****. What time is first pitch?

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Deluxe
AG
Sorry if this has been discussed, but purely from a baseball perspective, maybe this was a smart move?

A's have a better/deeper bullpen. That advantage gets negated a little in a shortened game. Less innings to burn with a lead.
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Sorry if this has been discussed, but purely from a baseball perspective, maybe this was a smart move?

A's have a better/deeper bullpen. That advantage gets negated a little in a shortened game. Less innings to burn with a lead.

A beneficial byproduct for sure. Just need good McCullers today.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Yeah... I'm sure lance will be fantastic after getting mentally ready to pitch, not pitching, and then having the game cancelled for a very emotional reason... then trying to pitch the very next day.

Absolute recipe for success.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Marvin said:

I've thought about this since last night. I'm not thrilled that the team protested over an apparently degenerate human being. I've yet to hear about the death of anyone, of any color, that did what a police officer told them to do. But, 2020 is the year of agendas and hyper peer pressure, so I get them joining the crowd.

When I was 16 and had just started driving, I lived in a town of 3,000 people. Small podunk place. A group of black men were walking down the middle of the road at their leisure. I stopped behind them and honked. They turned around and encircled my car. Three pulled me out and threatened to kill me on the spot. One put his hand on my throat and told me to get my cracker ass back to whitey part of town. I was 16, maybe 5'-6" and 120 pounds, and scared ****less. I will never forget that day. That was pure hatred and racism. Of course, today I would handle it differently and not honk at all, and damn sure would have made them regret putting their hands on me if it came to that. My point is that I've personally been there, so I 100% support the message that racism, in all forms and from all sides, needs to stop. On that I agree.

Now, as for the Astros. You made a point. Good for you. Make it about everyone- ALL people- and go back to playing ball. I'll still cheer, boo and *****. What time is first pitch?

"I'll still cheer, boo, and bltch... what time is first pitch?"

If that doesn't make the game thread OP next year we have failed.
Ag_07
AG
The good news he never got mentally or physically ready to pitch.

From what I saw he never even threw in the pen before the game.

He knew he was never pitching yesterday.
Deluxe
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

The good news he never got mentally or physically ready to pitch.

From what I saw he never even threw in the pen before the game.

He knew he was never pitching yesterday.

Not physically, yeah... but emotionally, he's been getting ready to pitch for 2 days now. My trust in lance in these situations is so so low
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.