****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,625,678 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
there's a lot of books you can read

like so many
aggiesed8r
AG
I'll say it again...outlaw twitter.
TarponChaser
If the facts and data actually supported their BS narrative of injustice I would be in total agreement that things have to change. But they don't. They don't even come close. This is all SJW kabuki meant to virtue signal only the only thing they're signaling is ignorance, which is no virtue.
Marvin
AG
In Mexico and not up to speed. No game tonight?

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
BMX Bandit
aggiesed8r said:

I'll say it again...outlaw twitter.

Ok
cone
AG
I'm actually cool with the general strike

but one day and no missed paycheck is weak

plus they wouldn't have the balls to do it if a crowd was present

so a profile in courage
agdaddy04
AG
Didn't the As already postpone a game which allowed them to pitch their ace against the Astros?
agdaddy04
AG
They just don't have the balls to tell the other 9 teams?
Harry Dunne
This is a well-intentioned but misguided choice.

Seems a little silly to bail out after this if you're still here after they cheated their balls off and threw people under the bus.

I forgive them (again). See you all tomorrow.
txagbq2009
AG
I've followed these threads for a long time but rarely post. I've been an Astros fan since birth and a LEO for 8 years and I am struggling with this. The NFL and and NBA protests didn't really bother me because giving them up wasn't a big deal, Baseball was always my favorite. Now I just feel betrayed, like they have turned their backs on me. I know it's not just about me, but after years of giving up time and money to this team and even working extra security jobs at Minute Maid Park, I cant help but feel betrayed. Maybe I'll get over it in time, but for now I think I'm done. I saw the other protests the past couple of days and held out hope that the Astros wouldn't participate and just play ball. This one hurts.
B-Company 2009
redline248
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Didn't the As already postpone a game which allowed them to pitch their ace against the Astros?
Exactly. Take your indignation and shove it, Bob.
Farmer1906
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Y'all think this was a team decision. Nba and nhl cancelled games today. This came from the top down. Gimme a break.

What does this mean?
johncAG
AG
First off, to everyone crying....BYE. No reason to come back. You guys said you were done, back it up.

Second, for anyone actually willing to listen, I believe the demands listed by the Ravens listed in the link would be a good start and a show of good faith. No mention of BLM or Antifa or any other boogeyman needed for scare tactics.

Go Stros and let's win two tomorrow.

W
AG
if you're the second place team...anything you can do to throw the 1st place team out of their routine...

that's what you do.

we'll see tomorrow if it works
agdaddy04
AG
Hahahhahaha

Did you even read the first sentence on that statement? Please show me how it was a racial injustice. But then again, this has no place in sports.
W
AG
is the statue of Ray Lewis still outside the stadium?

yeah, don't need to hear from that group
6-4-3
AG
Lame. And thus far absolutely nothing to support the event was racially motivated. Might as well go from 50% black officers to 100% in most jurisdictions. But then it will be something else.
Ag12thman
AG
Are our athletes so coddled and worshipped that they seriously cannot see that they are directly biting the hand that feeds them? Running off fans is not gonna earn them more money.
Mathguy64
AG
Everyone else but Twins-Tigers played. And those teams bailed on a double header.

This didn't come down from above. If it had everyone would have bailed.

IMHO this stinks. They should have played. They are taking advantage of an empty stadium and making a hollow statement. If they are ally want to make a statement bail on the season and donate 1/2 your very large salary to charity. If they play tomorrow they have done this to make themselves look good but done nothing for good.
BMX Bandit
There were many games not played over last 2 days. This was Astros first chance to show they are woke
TRM
AG
The cop that shoot Blake did nothing wrong. Qualified immunity came from a Supreme Court case so someone would need to bring a lawsuit to undo that and QI doesn't apply if you violate someone's civil rights. Anyway, I don't want to muck up the thread with politics.
TRM
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Everyone else but Twins-Tigers played. And those teams bailed on a double header.

This didn't come down from above. If it had everyone would have bailed.

IMHO this stinks. They should have played. They are taking advantage of an empty stadium and making a hollow statement. If they are ally want to make a statement bail on the season and donate 1/2 your very large salary to charity. If they play tomorrow they have done this to make themselves look good but done nothing for good.
Probably came from Crane...buddies with Obama.
Mathguy64
AG
Yeah. And 9 others haven't bothered to do it. It hasn't been a concerted or unified effort.
BMX Bandit
Who are the 9? Assuming cardinals are one because they can't afford to miss.

And I agree this didn't come from the commissioner. It's a team thing.
agdaddy04
AG
To be honest, hopefully it was ,so at least it was the owner affecting his own teams' value.
Forum Troll
AG
Pathetic. When is some current athlete going to have the balls to stand up to the idiocy and make a public statement about it?
Mathguy64
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
Moving on. NM.
expresswrittenconsent
Cop boot lickers will say yes, he deserved to be shot half a dozen times in the back. You aren't allowed to disobey the police or deadly force is justified.
WestGalvestonAggie
txagbq2009 said:

I've followed these threads for a long time but rarely post. I've been an Astros fan since birth and a LEO for 8 years and I am struggling with this. The NFL and and NBA protests didn't really bother me because giving them up wasn't a big deal, Baseball was always my favorite. Now I just feel betrayed, like they have turned their backs on me. I know it's not just about me, but after years of giving up time and money to this team and even working extra security jobs at Minute Maid Park, I cant help but feel betrayed. Maybe I'll get over it in time, but for now I think I'm done. I saw the other protests the past couple of days and held out hope that the Astros wouldn't participate and just play ball. This one hurts.

Right there with you, Brother.
FalconAg06
If anything good comes from this, I hope it's that we stop idolizing athletes and doping ourselves with sports.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Jesus that's a good get for them
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tailgatetimer10
AG
linkdude
AG
Wonder if the Astros make a trade before tomorrow's DH.
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.