****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,924 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

according to baseball savant batters are barreling James at around 49% of batted balls. Last year it was like 9%

How much of that can be attributed to bad luck?
49% is unheard of. It's actually 28.6%, but that still puts him in the bottom 2% of the league.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

according to baseball savant batters are barreling James at around 49% of batted balls. Last year it was like 9%

49% is unheard of. It's actually 28.6%, but that still puts him in the bottom 2% of the league.
You're right, I must have mixed that up with hard hit or sweet spot, or something

oops
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

You're right, I must have mixed that up with hard hit or sweet spot, or something

oops
No biggie. But still a great point. He's not just getting hit hard, they're seeing the ball well and not chasing. His Whif% is down, Chase% is down, and like you said barrels are sky-high.
Harry Dunne
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I love it.

Mathguy64
AG
Mr Machete, there is a Mr Greinke on line 1. He would like to discuss you keeping your thoughts and fingers to yourself.
Harry Dunne
Ags #1 said:

So we off the TED bandwagon or nah? Once george is back assume its a platoon between josh and ted? And
Tucker sucks.

I got to watch him play in Corpus and I didn't like the way he looked there and I still don't like him. His effort has always looked terrible, he looks like a child swinging swinging an adult bat and now that everyone has figured out to pick on him inside, I don't think it's getting better anytime soon.

Obviously he was a monster in Fresno, but we have had lots of guys be AAA monsters and not do $h17 in the majors. Happens more often than not, lately. Apparently there are lots of advanced stats that are supposed to encourage me, but I'm tired of hearing about it - ultimately a guy needs to get on base.

At this point there is nothing to do but keep trotting him out there and hope that I'm wrong. I liked Tyler White, so obviously I'm no Theo Epstein...and it's not like we are keeping any all-stars on the bench by playing him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Prepare for the screwjob and the avalanche of insufferable media drivel
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Prepare for the screwjob and the avalanche of insufferable media drivel

Some pretty salty (delusional) comments there amongst some reasonable ones.

Still amazing how many people want the organization burned to the ground.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ags #1 said:

So we off the TED bandwagon or nah? Once george is back assume its a platoon between josh and ted? And
Tucker sucks.

I got to watch him play in Corpus and I didn't like the way he looked there and I still don't like him. His effort has always looked terrible, he looks like a child swinging swinging an adult bat and now that everyone has figured out to pick on him inside, I don't think it's getting better anytime soon.

Obviously he was a monster in Fresno, but we have had lots of guys be AAA monsters and not do $h17 in the majors. Happens more often than not, lately. Apparently there are lots of advanced stats that are supposed to encourage me, but I'm tired of hearing about it - ultimately a guy needs to get on base.

At this point there is nothing to do but keep trotting him out there and hope that I'm wrong. I liked Tyler White, so obviously I'm no Theo Epstein...and it's not like we are keeping any all-stars on the bench by playing him.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
bullard21k said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Yep. If I was Click, I'd relegate him to mop up duty for a while, let him put together a couple good outings in low leverage situations, then see if another team wants to bet on his potential.

That's what last night was and he shat the bed again.

At this point give that time to the young guys who can use the experience and may actually be with the team for the foreseeable future.

At this point we know what James is and it's not good.
I think what he showed last night was he's good for 1 inning. When he has to sit down and think about things, he comes back out wild. Also, anytime he gets 2 outs, he stops throwing strikes. Seems like a mental thing.

He gave up a HR in that inning.

Starter/bullpen 1 inning or 4. He just isn't good. He is a thrower and not a pitcher

"Thrower not a pitcher"

I agree, and have said as much about 5000x on these threads.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Cintron gets 20 games.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Bull*****
Ag_07
AG
Wait...What?!?!?
Mathguy64
AG
And now Laureano will appeal and play until the As clinch with 5 games to go, sit and rest for the playoffs.

Baseball is so messed up.
themissinglink
AG
So yelling something about someone's mom is 20 games, but actually charging at a dugout intending violence is 5 games? Next time just skip the chit chat and try to F*** someone up.
Deluxe
AG
themissinglink said:

So yelling something about someone's mom is 20 games, but actually charging at a dugout intending violence is 5 games? Next time just skip the chit chat and try to F*** someone up.

Yep that's the message
Bulldog73
AG
I don't like it, but typically coaches are held to a higher standard. I still think 20 games vs. 5 is pure insanity, but I can see why the coach would get equal if not a little more punishment.
Mathguy64
AG
I predict we will be in at least 2 more brawls this season. The tension isn't going away any time soon.
Beat40
Manfred didn't want the backlash that he got for the Kelly incident.

20 games is ridiculous. I could see them giving him more than Loreano, like 8, because he did indeed instigate when things had seemingly died down, but 20 is very heavy handed.
Deluxe
AG
If Carlos knew he'd only get five games for initiating violence, he should have just gone and beat the s*** out of Joe Kelly
Mathguy64
AG
And so much for "fighting and violating the covid rules will be dealt with harshly" nonsense.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I predict we will be in at least 2 more brawls this season. The tension isn't going away any time soon.

I'd put the o/u at 4.5
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

I think when both the Oakland series and Dodgers series in September.

Just no one else in the West divisions who talked much smack before the season
tjack16
AG
20 games is the equivalent to 54 in a full season. Thats excessive

I could have seen a 10 game suspension for Cintron.
Ag_07
AG
I was expecting something like 10 for Cintron and 8 for Laureno (down to maybe 6 after appeal)
Beat40
Bulldog73 said:

I don't like it, but typically coaches are held to a higher standard. I still think 20 games vs. 5 is pure insanity, but I can see why the coach would get equal if not a little more punishment.

Eh, higher standard is garbage considering they're all grown men

I think this is Manfred reading into the situation more than he should have been considering it was A's that got plunked and Fiers is on that team. My opinion, I think he was reading some retribution intent into the situation. I think he's also trying to send a message to Astros players to not get into anymore brawls since we've already been I two.

Plus, I still don't think he wanted the negative reaction he got when he gave Kelly 8 games.
Teddy Perkins
AG
n_touch
Beat40 said:

Bulldog73 said:

Eh, higher standard is garbage considering they're all grown men

I think this is Manfred reading into the situation more than he should have been considering it was A's that got plunked and Fiers is on that team. My opinion, I think he was reading some retribution intent into the situation. I think he's also trying to send a message to Astros players to not get into anymore brawls since we've already been I two.

Plus, I still don't think he wanted the negative reaction he got when he gave Kelly 8 games.
Guess the Astros should stop charging peoples benches....
Teddy Perkins
AG
Looks like it's actually a whopping 6 games for Laureano

spadilly
S
Are you freaking kidding????

Laureano should be gone for the rest of the season if Cintron got 20 games. Are you kidding me? So yelling and taking is worse than charging an opponent's dugout? Are you kidding me? Unreal. This is a joke.

And joe Kelly got, what, 8 games?

Screw Manfred. What a disaster of a commissioner.
Mathguy64
AG
Has anyone seen exactly what Cintron said? I get the impression he called Laureano a mother****er.
redline248
AG
20 games for being mean. LMAO baseball is a gd joke
htxag09
AG
The dude went straight up crazy mode and sprinted at the opponent's dugout (during social distancing emphasis) with the intent of, I assume, to beat a coach's ass. And got a 5 game suspension. What the actual ****.
Farmer1906
AG
Wait, what? The ******* who yelled something at a player got 1/3 of the season, but the player who physically ran at a dugout to fight got less. What sense does this make?
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.