****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,822 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we off the TED bandwagon or nah? Once george is back assume its a platoon between josh and ted? And
W
AG
the bullpen should be ready to back up Bielak tomorrow
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
W
AG
speaking of Reddick...his baserunning gaffe with the 'stros up 5-0...almost proved very costly
redline248
AG
W said:

the bullpen should be ready to back up Bielak tomorrow
Is it not Grienke?
agdaddy04
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

SA-AG72 said:

Siap, but these announcers are garbage.

Blummer and TK?

No way you were watching on ATTSW, right??
Farmer1906
AG
He's Wed. They pushed him back last time so he'd face and As.
Beat40
I seriously wonder if Altuve is playing hurt and either they aren't saying anything or he hasn't told anyone. The only time he's looked this bad, for this extended period of time, was when his knee was injured.
Unemployed
AG
Who just asked LMJ about how his new glove affected him?
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

I seriously wonder if Altuve is playing hurt and either they aren't saying anything or he hasn't told anyone. The only time he's looked this bad, for this extended period of time, was when his knee was injured.

I honestly think he is pressing. I think the cheating criticism, though he didn't cheat has gotten to him. He feels he has to put up big numbers and prove his worth. So, he's swinging at everything. He should let the game come to him. I bet once the Astris start piling on the wins, he'll be fine.
Beat40
agproducer said:

Beat40 said:

I honestly think he is pressing. I think the cheating criticism, though he didn't cheat has gotten to him. He feels he has to put up big numbers and prove his worth. So, he's swinging at everything. He should let the game come to him. I bet once the Astris start piling on the wins, he'll be fine.
I think your's is the right answer, but the results and approaches just make me wonder.

I also think if Springer or Bregman were hitting hitting he'd probably relax a title more.

He's the one guy I really want to get going because the criticism he's receiving related to the past cheating is total unfair on him.
tjack16
AG

Love the Clevinger slander

*NSFW*
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

*NSFW*
post that again tomorrow... omg
Beat40
That was a well done rant! Here's to you, sir!
bullard21k
AG
Oakland blew a 6 run lead for the loss
bearkatag15
AG
A's choke a 5 run lead to the Angels.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

A's choke a 5 run lead to the Angels.
Nice to have tonight go our way. Let's do it again tomorrow night.
n_touch
tjack16 said:

*NSFW*
We could use him in Houston
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
redline248
AG
Machete
W
AG
so it was Machete calling for the two-seamer on the 3-ball counts.

went old school and challenged the hitters...to avoid the walks
Deluxe
AG
We cut bait quickly on the James starter experiment. Hopefully we now cut bait quickly on the idea that he's ever going to be a reliable big league pitcher.
Ag_07
AG
Regarding Altuve...I did a quick dive into the numbers when I heard Blum talking about it yesterday during the pregame.

It seems like he's chasing anything and everything but when you look at the numbers he's not chasing anymore than he normally does.

So it's not that his plate discipline is any worse than it normally is it's just that he's not putting the bat on the ball. That decrease in Chase Contact % and increase in K % is astounding. Guy just looks lost right now.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Deluxe said:

We cut bait quickly on the James starter experiment. Hopefully we now cut bait quickly on the idea that he's ever going to be a reliable big league pitcher.
Such a shame. He has the capability throwing over 100mph.

I'm still holding out hope that he can get it together and be part of our bullpen.
Ag_07
AG
He can't even do that anymore. IIRC he's consistently sitting in the 93-96 range with maybe a couple 96+ but I can't recall him hitting 100 yet.

I think his velocity is down and his stuff doesn't look near as good as it has in the past.
bearkatag15
AG
Fiers is on the mound for Oakland tonight vs the Angels. Good chance here to catch another game on the A's if we can win again tonight.
CFTXAG10
AG
The Altuve numbers and just general overview while watching him at the plate has been discouraging, but if there is anybody who can pull it together fast it is him. Then just sit back and watch him eat.
Deluxe
AG
Bobby Jimbo said:

Deluxe said:

Such a shame. He has the capability throwing over 100mph.

I'm still holding out hope that he can get it together and be part of our bullpen.
Yep. If I was Click, I'd relegate him to mop up duty for a while, let him put together a couple good outings in low leverage situations, then see if another team wants to bet on his potential.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

These idiots...the original tweet was posted on March 28th.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Yep. If I was Click, I'd relegate him to mop up duty for a while, let him put together a couple good outings in low leverage situations, then see if another team wants to bet on his potential.

That's what last night was and he shat the bed again.

At this point give that time to the young guys who can use the experience and may actually be with the team for the foreseeable future.

At this point we know what James is and it's not good.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

At this point give that time to the young guys who can use the experience and may actually be with the team for the foreseeable future.

I think what he showed last night was he's good for 1 inning. When he has to sit down and think about things, he comes back out wild. Also, anytime he gets 2 outs, he stops throwing strikes. Seems like a mental thing.
Farmer1906
AG
We have an 8 year history (5200+ PA) on Altuve where he hit .316 / .367 / .468 / .835. He didn't forget. He's only 30. There is no indication he is hurt. This will pass and he'll perform again.
redline248
AG
according to baseball savant batters are barreling James at around 49% of batted balls. Last year it was like 9%

How much of that can be attributed to bad luck?
Mathguy64
AG
I would be very leery of using this season as any indicator for a pitcher's ability. There is too much smoke around the lack of preparation and too many guys getting hurt to make me think that this season represents a fair measure of their ability.
bullard21k
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

I think what he showed last night was he's good for 1 inning. When he has to sit down and think about things, he comes back out wild. Also, anytime he gets 2 outs, he stops throwing strikes. Seems like a mental thing.

He gave up a HR in that inning.

Starter/bullpen 1 inning or 4. He just isn't good. He is a thrower and not a pitcher
First Page Last Page
Page 263 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.