****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,626,340 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MLB still pushing the Astros as villains.

Seriously, Manfred can go **** himself.

So, talking smack to a guy who was talking down to a rookie pitcher who lost control of a slider merits a 20 game suspension, but charging a dugout gets less than a third of that.

OK.

Manfred is spineless.
E
AG
tjack16 said:

20 games is the equivalent to 54 in a full season. Thats excessive

I could have seen a 10 game suspension for Cintron.
I think the "equivalent to a full season" is a bad argument to show it being excessive. I thought it for the Joe Kelly suspension and i'll say it for Cintron.

You should be suspended for the same amount of games this season as you would for a normal season. No changes should be made for the shortened season. If they suspended you for the equivalent amount of games, there you be far more pitchers looking to get their revenge on the Stro's knowing they'd only get 2-3 games.
Mathguy64
AG
And nobody else got anything. So Chapman and Olson ran and joined in and violated the restrictions and the Catcher for the As got tossed in game and got nothing else. Manfred all but condoned this.
Beat40
n_touch said:

Beat40 said:

Bulldog73 said:

I don't like it, but typically coaches are held to a higher standard. I still think 20 games vs. 5 is pure insanity, but I can see why the coach would get equal if not a little more punishment.

Eh, higher standard is garbage considering they're all grown men

I think this is Manfred reading into the situation more than he should have been considering it was A's that got plunked and Fiers is on that team. My opinion, I think he was reading some retribution intent into the situation. I think he's also trying to send a message to Astros players to not get into anymore brawls since we've already been I two.

Plus, I still don't think he wanted the negative reaction he got when he gave Kelly 8 games.
Guess the Astros should stop charging peoples benches....

Hey, I agree with you. We haven't charged anyone. But, I still think Manfred is trying to send a message to us, we've been in town brawls in less than 20 games, it it appears our coach "instigated the moment." I also bet Dusty's "we won't start it but will finish it" comment was rattling around in his head too.

I'M just saying I think Manfred wants to send some message to the Astros saying we should basically take it. If we're in another brawl, I definitely expect us to have some more heavy suspensions.
FredMc92
Beat40 said:

20 games is ridiculous. I could see them giving him more than Loreano, like 8, because he did indeed instigate when things had seemingly died down, but 20 is very heavy handed.
How do we know this? I mean Laureano is facing the dugout waving his arms before Cintron does his "come at me, bro" move.

It just doesn't make sense to me to punish the chirper 4 times as much as the guy charging the dugout.

Farmer1906
AG
He saw the blowback for Kelly and now he's punishing the Astros. He clearly has no idea what the hell he is doing, but we know that.
tjack16
AG
I'm just glad none of our players got suspended. An assistant coach getting suspended until september shouldn't effect our season too much.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

He saw the blowback for Kelly and now he's punishing the Astros. He clearly has no idea what the hell he is doing, but we know that.

Thank you. That's what I'm saying.
Ag_07
AG
I'm thinking Manfred is using this to get Cintron since he didn't get him with anything for the sign stealing saga.

Like 'I know you were involved but I couldn't get you then but now it's your turn'.
Beat40
agproducer said:

MLB still pushing the Astros as villains.

Seriously, Manfred can go **** himself.

So, talking smack to a guy who was talking down to a rookie pitcher who lost control of a slider merits a 20 game suspension, but charging a dugout gets less than a third of that.

OK.

Manfred is spineless.

Yup, been saying this since he opened up an investigation into the Astros but no one else.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm thinking Manfred is using this to get Cintron since he didn't get him with anything for the sign stealing saga.

Like 'I know you were involved but I couldn't get you then but now it's your turn'.
I think this is very possible. In a vacuum this makes 0% sense. But if you factor in that Manfred maybe issued some sort of behind the scenes warning to Cintron post signgate and Laureano generally has a pretty clean record (I think), it makes like 0.01% sense.
07ag
AG
trying to think objectively and see any logic behind the situations:

joe kelly threw near some players, talked trash and instigated benches clearing: 8 games, astros nothing (maybe a fine?)

alex cintron trashed laureano's madre and instigated benches clearing brawl, first actor was laureano, cintron 20 games, laureano 6 games

it doesn't seem to unfair or anti-astros, imo.

the a's incident was much larger than the dodgers incident, so larger suspensions

most responsible instigator got biggest punishment in both cases, imo.
https://ts.la/eric59704
Teddy Perkins
AG
Some perspective on how idiotic Manfred is.

Farmer1906
AG
In both situations there was one guy who actually fought. He didn't get the most games by a long shot. That logic don't fly.
Unemployed
AG
Cintron got an extra 10 games for being a little b. How you gonna talk shiet and goad Laureano to come get a piece of him and once Laureano took him up on the offer, he hid behind Garneau?

If you want to throw fists, step up and do it like a man. Otherwise, just sit down and STFU.
Deluxe
AG
RealTalk said:

Cintron got an extra 10 games for being a little b. How you gonna talk shiet and goad Laureano to come get a piece of him and once Laureano took him up on the offer, he hid behind Garneau?

If you want to throw fists, step up and do it like a man. Otherwise, just sit down and STFU.

User name does not check out
Mathguy64
AG
Cintron got 20 games more for saying a word than David Ortiz did for testing positive for steroids.
Farmer1906
AG
I think it was ****ty he was running his mouth so much and did instigate, but what's he supposed to do? Hurdle 3 players? He didn't step back, our guys just stepped in. It's far from a Kelly situation.
spadilly
S
RealTalk said:

Did you actually see the scuffle or just hear about it? Go watch the replay. Garneau Steps up in front and leads the charge out to take him on.
DVC2010
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I don't like it, but typically coaches are held to a higher standard. I still think 20 games vs. 5 is pure insanity, but I can see why the coach would get equal if not a little more punishment.

Definitely a double standard. One for the guy with a union, another for the one who is at the commissioner's mercy.
Teddy Perkins
AG
n_touch
Teddy Perkins said:

Sucks he was the only one showing any fight on Sunday
Farmer1906
AG
The fact that this is all about Someone saying something about their momma is so beyond ridiculous.
CFTXAG10
AG
Beat40
Let's just go on a long win streak, get Altuve back to hitting, and put this stuff behind us.
Ag_07
AG
Should we be impressed that Manfred wasn't dumb enough to drop the hammer on Castellanos?
Unemployed
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Hope that the PTBNL is Josh James.
YNWA_AG
AG
Not how it works
W
AG
when is the last time an aggie played or pitched for the Astros?

Mark Ross back in the mid-80's?
Unemployed
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Not how it works
Thanks for ruining my day.
Unemployed
AG
W said:

Does Evan Gattis count?
rosco511
AG
W said:

Corbin Martin
07ag
AG
W said:

corbin martin, last year
https://ts.la/eric59704
Teddy Perkins
AG
Springer still out. Correa still in the 6 spot.

tjack16
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Springer still out. Correa still in the 6 spot.

I'd bat Brantley leadoff and Correa 3rd

Brantley
Bregman
Correa
Gurriel
Altuve
Reddick
Maldonado
Tucker
Straw

Just for tonight and see how it goes
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.