Astros new logo

6,907 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tibbers
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know the season may not start until June but that's not stopping the Astros from unveiling their new logo.

Know Your Enemy
AG
It took you 10 edits to post that?
Tibbers
Heh, posting pictures on the mobile site is not as easy at 2am but yeah...you're right...

What about that hat though? Daaaaaaamn!
Know Your Enemy
AG
I've been extremely critical of the Astros and their cheating ways but the hat is just dumb.
Ag_07
AG
I hope OP goes back to never posting here again.

That hat is lame. Hope he didn't pay any money for it.
Tibbers
Astros fan?
JABQ04
AG
Oh boy another Astros/trash can logo. Please show me more of them.

For the record there are better looking mock logos out there to make a hat into. Please use one of those. Yours look like dog *****
mwm
I like it. Perfect place for most everything Arlington.
Tibbers
Embroidery is tough on detail.
cc10106
great job
agproducer
AG
That logo looks like hammered ***** At least pick one of the many Trashstros logos out there and take advantage of the rainbows.

And, I'm saying this as an Astros fan.

Try harder with your trolling, or at least use something good to troll.
Ag_07
AG
On 2nd glance I'm realizing this is worse than I originally thought.

The star is wonky AF and not anywhere near straight. The stitching on the trashcan isn't complete. The circle has a wobble or two in it.

Regardless of the fact that it's just not original or catchy the craftsmanship is dog crap. I've seen better from knock-offs sold at the corner store.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OP has started 50+ threads and generated 8 total blue stars.
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2255100/replies/34526072

In 2013 he was trying to get someone to give him the Astros' presale password though?
RedCrackerAg12
AG
The savagery here is unheard of, both towards the logo, and by the research showing that OP tried to get tickets.

Double entendre of day: asshat
Tibbers
I'm an orioles fan. Only good thing about the cheaters is they are in the American League so I can see my team play every year.

As for the hat, it's a damn piece of art.
Ag_07
AG
Wonder if OP even realizes Mike Elias was Luhnow's right hand man during the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Pretty certain he was heavily involved.
94chem
I thought that was a real logo. It looks like a poor attempt to show a satellite or space craft hurtling through the air.
94chem
Yeah, I opened up the photo in a separate window and enlarged it. I just can't see any way that's a trash can. At first I thought maybe Darth Vader's head. Then I thought maybe a canon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tibbers said:

I'm an orioles fan.
RO519
AG
Even the hat is straight garbage, no structure at all...

Maybe it truly is the original flexfit hat, like the first one ever made, like ever...
ptothemo
AG
RO519 said:

Even the hat is straight garbage
Pun intended?
Tibbers
Back from a day's banning

Howd you find that gif of me?!

As for Mr. Elias, I have it on good authority that he wanted out desperately, hence why he came to the the fledgling bird bros. Think logically, if you were comfortable with playing in a world series by cheating, wouldnt you stay to play in more?

He built your team only to see them turn to cheating at the direction of some rather unsavory characters. Worst part about it is, they had all the talent in the world and didn't even need to cheat.

Dude knew it was wrong but wanted to stay in the game so he kept his head down and put the feelers out to the bird bros. So thanks for being cheating cheaters.

As for the hat, it's still a damn piece of art!
Al Bula
AG
In these trying times, we MUST NOT forget our history:

2017: AL West Champions

2018: AL West Champions

2019: AL West Champions

tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

Worst part about it is, they had all the talent in the world and didn't even need to cheat.

As an Astros fan this is the most frustrating part of all of this because it is so true
safety guy
AG
tjholley16 said:

Tibbers said:

Worst part about it is, they had all the talent in the world and didn't even need to cheat.

As an Astros fan this is the most frustrating part of all of this because it is so true

Sometimes to beat teams like the Red Sox, Yankees and dodgers, you have to beat them at their own game. Hindsight says that they did not need to do this but at the time they probably felt that to beat teams that had sophisticated electronic monitoring programs in place, they would beat them at their own game.
tjack16
AG
safety guy said:

tjholley16 said:

Tibbers said:

Sometimes to beat teams like the Red Sox, Yankees and dodgers, you have to beat them at their own game. Hindsight says that they did not need to do this but at the time they probably felt that to beat teams that had sophisticated electronic monitoring programs in place, they would beat them at their own game.

While true .... we still should have stopped once the commissioner sent the memo in 2017.
RO519
AG
ptothemo said:

RO519 said:

Even the hat is straight garbage
Pun intended?
Obviously
Tibbers
So wait. You're saying your team HAD to cheat to win? Wow.

And here I am a simple Oriole fan who lives in the AL east and has to play those teams on the reg yet even my fledgling birds won that division in 2014.

No wonder Astros fans still hoist those trophies. They are cheaters at heart.
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

So wait. You're saying your team HAD to cheat to win? Wow.

And here I am a simple Oriole fan who lives in the AL east and has to play those teams on the reg yet even my fledgling birds won that division in 2014.

No wonder Astros fans still hoist those trophies. They are cheaters at heart.

IMO the only trophy we have that is truly tainted is the 2017 WS trophy. Which sucks

However our 2019 pennant was won fair and square based on the same commissioners report that found we were guilty in 2017
Tibbers
Trevor Bauer and many others think otherwise. You think a team using a trashcan to cheat wouldnt just use better tech like the red Sox did in 2018 with the apple watches?

The altuve jersey controversy really doesnt look good when coupled with what players are saying. The players think they were wearing buzzers. I'm inclined to believe the eyes on the field.

Further, that report was a joke. Giving the players immunity and the canned statements by everyone from the astros players to management that "baseball conducted their investigation" just sounds like something a lawyer told them to say. I mean they all say the exact same line...

I'm actually more surprised to see Astros fans admit they had to cheat to win. That's frankly a new low I havent seen before.

Also, that hat is still a damn piece of art!
JABQ04
AG
-Trevor Bauer is an idiot.
-Yankees needed to score more than 3 runs in 4 games to win ALCS 2017
-won two of games in road WS 2017
- haven't heard any Astros fan whining about losing to BoSox in 2018 due to cheating.
-2019 was fair and square.

You're hat still sucks. Hope you didn't spend $$$ on it.
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

Trevor Bauer and many others think otherwise. You think a team using a trashcan to cheat wouldnt just use better tech like the red Sox did in 2018 with the apple watches?

The altuve jersey controversy really doesnt look good when coupled with what players are saying. The players think they were wearing buzzers. I'm inclined to believe the eyes on the field.

So if you believe the commissioners report that says we cheated in 2017 and part of 2018. Then why don't you believe the same report that says we didn't in 2019?

Either the investigation was wrong... which negates the 2017 report. Or it's correct which justifies that we didn't cheat in 2019.

It is possible that the Astros started seeing other players talking about how they were cheating after 2017-2018 and said "hey guys we might want to knock it off because people are starting to notice".

The altuve jersey thing has been going on since 2015. They always try to rip it off and he tries to stop them. I was at a game in 2015 where he hit a walkoff and they joked after the game about how he wouldn't let them take it off.

Now obviously the excuse about his wife looks weird and Correa's "bad tattoo" was laughable. But there is ALOT of misinformation being spread from sports media, JOMBOY, and other outlets about that walkoff Homerun. Altuve did not run straight to the locker room to change... he stayed out and celebrated for about 5 minutes with the team before running to locker room to change into his champions shirt.

Anybody who has watched the Astros since 2015 will tell you the jersey ripping thing is a team game and altuve usually tries to keep them from ripping his.

Also .... yes the hat is creative
Ag_07
AG
Please go back into your hole.

Anyone buying into the Altuve jersey theory put out there by twitter mobs is a moron.

You probably also believe that ribbon on Reddick's jersey is a buzzer.
tjack16
AG
JABQ04 said:

-Trevor Bauer is an idiot.
-Yankees needed to score more than 3 runs in 4 games to win ALCS 2017

Not much more needs to be said here
Tibbers
I just think baseball wanted to move on from the controversy. Slaps on the wrists for all and let's all move on. A cheating scandal like this embroiling multiple teams using advanced off the field tech, cameras, etc. Had to have coordination from the front office as well. Hence why mike elias jumped ship.

Some people just want to win legit. Others just want to win.

Ken Rosenthal who had been covering the astros cheating scandal was certainly concerned hence the question as to why the jersey just had to stay on and why he had to head to the locker room to change into a tshirt.

There is also the weird "sticker" that flew off some other cheater's bat, hits the catcher's helmet and flies forward in front of home plate. The cheater seemed worried about that being found and stuffed it in his back pocket.

Regardless, the nugget from this thread is admittance that the cheaters had to cheat to win. That and of course the hat which belongs in the Guggenheim.

Oh and as to the Yankees anemic offensive effort, baseball is a tough sport when you dont know what pitch is coming. Also, your team was built to win championships thanks to mark. No one ever said you guys weren't immensely talented. That's why its amazing to me you guys resorted to cheating in such a coordinated effort.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.