Astros new logo

7,006 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tibbers
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Please go back into your hole.

Anyone buying into the Altuve jersey theory put out there by twitter mobs is a moron.

You probably also believe that ribbon on Reddick's jersey is a buzzer.
Haha yep. Based on his last post, it sounds like he also bought into the Chirinos sticker buzzer internet conspiracy. These clowns are so laughable...

Quote:

Chirinos explained the item was an authentication sticker that had been placed on his bat after he hit a home run in the previous game. The sticker started to peel off before the game and Chirinos sought advice from one of MLB's "authenticators" in the dugout. The authenticator said he could not replace the sticker until it became unusable but could try to reinforce it with tape. What viewers saw was the taped-down authentication sticker flying off his bat, he said. He said the authenticator then corroborated his explanation during the investigation.

MLB officials, however, did not offer any additional comment on Wednesday. But, a source said, confirmed that the authenticator did corroborate Chirinos claims.
Tibbers

It's a sticker. A sticker has no weight to it. How does something with no weight at all bounce forward? If it's just a sticker, why the need to even grab it? Its trash at that point. They can claim all theyd like after the fact but how does a sticker have weight and bounce forward?
tjack16
AG
Because the team or MLB was likely trying to auction that bat off later for a lot of money? He was probably told keep the sticker on it so they can sell the bat later .... you likely will have trouble with it later if there is no authentication sticker

Literally go on the MLB website and you can get all sorts of game used stuff. A World Series authenticated bat would go for a lot of money. Especially one that hit a homerun
Tibbers

Stickers dont have mass and mlb stickers are bright silver. This was clear tape with a white circle in the middle. The white circle is the buzzer. It's clear as day friend.

The type of coordination needed had to come from the front office. Mr. Elias was not about that life. That's why he left. Again, thanks for sending him our way.
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

Stickers dont have mass and mlb stickers are bright silver. This was clear tape with a white circle in the middle. The white circle is the buzzer. It's clear as day friend.

The type of coordination needed had to come from the front office. Mr. Elias was not about that life. That's why he left. Again, thanks for sending him our way.

You're missing the part where the authenticator corroborated the story .... you are literally reaching for stuff at this point. We ALL admit the astros cheated in 2017.

But you are pulling evidence from YouTube videos and stuff that a yankees fan JOMBOY has been spreading as well as Trevor Bauer who starts Twitter feuds daily and literally threw a ball over the center field fence because he was mad. Ignoring the real sources as in authenticators and the commissioners office. As well as ignoring players like Logan Morrison who says he has knowledge of a dozen teams doing what the Astros did, as well as Kris Bryant saying cheating last year would be almost impossible due to new rules in the dugouts.

From Kris Bryant... who was very outspoken against the Astros for their 2017 scandal.

Q: You believe the Astros were the only team illegally stealing signs?

Bryant: "No. Absolutely not. I definitely think others were. I don't know if other teams were doing it that same way, but people are always trying to find a way for that competitive advantage.

"Pitchers have things in their gloves. Batters groove their bats. People have done that since the beginning of the game.''

Q: Do you believe the Astros were still cheating in 2019?

Bryant: "All we have to go is their word. I don't know. But last year when they added an (MLB employee) to sit next to the live feed, I don't know how you would get around that?''
Deluxe
AG
tjholley16 said:

You're missing the part where the authenticator corroborated the story .... you are literally reaching for stuff at this point.
Yep. This is all you need to know. Anyone who thinks Chirinos had a buzzer is just peddling demented internet conspiracies.
Ag_07
AG
Yep.

The report is the smoking gun and holy grail when it proves guilt but when it proves innocence in 2019 it's laughed at and JOMBOY is the spoken word.

OP hasn't posted on the MLB board in years and came here to stir up the hornets nest with a craptastic hat design he thinks is cool.

Life has to suck as an O's fan.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yep.

The report is the smoking gun and holy grail when it proves guilt but when it proves innocence in 2019 it's laughed at and JOMBOY is the spoken word.

OP hasn't posted on the MLB board in years and came here to stir up the hornets nest with a craptastic hat design he thinks is cool.

Life has to suck as an O's fan.

I think he's still upset about this
Tibbers
Yeah we normally suck. However, we were good for a small window. 2014 was magical. We will be good again under Elias.

I'm not ignoring what you said. The mlb authenticator is a sticker. A sticker does not have weight. Explain how a sticker can move like that. I have provided clear evidence. Refute it.

The video doesnt lie. I hate the Yankees as do you but I dont allow that to cloud my judgement. It's clear the sticker had weight to it. That weight was a buzzer. It's clear. Kris also said he didn't know and only took their word. The word of a cheater. You can hang your hat on that, but I certainly will not.

As for 2014, I give you the greatest sports moment I have witnessed in my life. And we did it cleanly and will do so again in 5 years.

Deluxe
AG
Tibbers said:

I'm not ignoring what you said. The mlb authenticator is a sticker. A sticker does not have weight. Explain how a sticker can move like that. I have provided clear evidence. Refute it.

It was refuted by the MLB official present in the dugout when the sticker incident happened. The authenticator referred to above is the official who corroborated what Chirinos said, not the sticker itself.

Lots of things can look certain ways on tv. If the MLB official hadn't corroborated what Chirinos' said, your observation would hold more weight. As it stands, it's a total non-issue.
Tibbers
Do stickers have weight and mass? The video doesnt lie. Just watch the video. I've seen mlb authenticator stickers before. They are bright silver and have no real mass. Did the video depict that? Absolutely not. MLB has a decided interest to make this go away and as we have seen from Manfred, he'd rather this get settled in the court of public opinion than in court by suspending the players responsible and fighting the players union. MLB was worried about a strike and having scabs play.

The video doesnt lie and if you can reconcile that video with the MLB account and not see there is decided interest in making this go away, I dont know what to tell you.

To further cement my claims that this was a known secret among their opponents, go back and look at the insane levels of signs the nationals and yankees had to use to try and confuse the cheaters. Pitchers had to have QB level playbooks in their hats and switch signs mid batter just to throw off the cheaters.

Add to it the number of video cameras and cheaters officials going in and out of the opponents' bullpen and it will paint a picture of not just a dirty bunch of players but an even dirtier organization overall. This required coordination from the front office to the players. That's why Mr. Elias left.

You guys took a cheating scandal using a trashcan to using cameras and even AI to signal players via buzzers placed under band aids. It's a known quantity among players hence the constant changing of signs even when a player wasn't on second.

But hey, it led to a beautiful hat and you brought us Mr. Elias. In 5 years, the o's will be in the playoffs again so thanks!
Deluxe
AG
At this point I'm 99.9% sure you're just trolling because there's no way you actually believe the arguments you're making, so I won't be checking this thread anymore. Best of luck to your O's.
Tibbers
I'm just echoing the sentiments of the players and other front office officials my friend.
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

I'm just echoing the sentiments of the players and other front office officials my friend.

You're using the "I heard it from a guy, who knows somebody, who heard it from him" argument .... we are using the commissioners report that they spent 2 months on investigating the team top to bottom which was very thorough if you read it.

Also your entire argument revolves around the weight of a sticker which could have been taped down. Also you're claiming a guy who hit below .220 all season and hit .185 in the postseason was cheating by using a buzzer on the end of his bat. Okay.
Tibbers
Well hes clearly bad at cheating. Damn thing fell off!
Ag_07
AG
Just stop engaging this clown

He's trolling big time. Hasn't posted on this board in years then shows up months later with some janky ass trashcan hat to rile us up.

Again...Never showed up to discuss this on any of the countless threads about the cheating scandal months ago when it was going down.

Ag_07
AG
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Just stop engaging this clown

He's trolling big time. Hasn't posted on this board in years then shows up months later with some janky ass trashcan hat to rile us up.

Again...Never showed up to discuss this on any of the countless threads about the cheating scandal months ago when it was going down.

No he's posted .... he was busy telling everybody how this pandemic is nothing more than the flu and it's no big deal.

Not only is he a baseball rules expert. He has a PhD in Mass of Stickers, AND He also is a medical professional and researcher.
Tibbers
Not trolling, just wanted to show off a work of art.

Way to cherry pick random posts. I've been pretty serious on wanting others to take this pandemic seriously. Hence the ban.

Now I understand why you dont grasp what I'm getting at. Heres a dose of logic you have yet to refute: why did mike leave a team he built that was playing for championships? Just got bored seeing his work win big or maybe he wasn't about that cheater life?

You still have yet to say anything about how a sticker bounces off a catcher's mask and flies forward in front of the plate and why it was a big deal to pick up at all. A sticker does not have that type of mass. Try it out yourself at home. I'm sure you have a new baseball or hat with a sticker on it.
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

Not trolling, just wanted to show off a work of art.

Way to cherry pick random posts. I've been pretty serious on wanting others to take this pandemic seriously. Hence the ban.

Now I understand why you dont grasp what I'm getting at. Heres a dose of logic you have yet to refute: why did mike leave a team he built that was playing for championships? Just got bored seeing his work win big or maybe he wasn't about that cheater life?

The move was from Assistant GM at Houston, to GM and VP of baseball at Baltimore

Doesn't take a genius to realize that move is a huge promotion and raise in pay
Tibbers
That's a good point!
RO519
AG
Deluxe said:

Tibbers said:

It was refuted by the MLB official present in the dugout when the sticker incident happened. The authenticator referred to above is the official who corroborated what Chirinos said, not the sticker itself.

Lots of things can look certain ways on tv. If the MLB official hadn't corroborated what Chirinos' said, your observation would hold more weight. As it stands, it's a total non-issue.
Tibbers "BuT i SaW a ViDeO oN YoUtUbE!!!!!111!111!!11! tHe EvIdEnCe Is ClEaR aS dAy!11!!!!111!!!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tibbers said:

Stickers dont have mass

Mass is the amount of matter or substance that makes up an object. Every object on earth has mass. The only way an object does not have mass is if it is constantly moving, like light.

That's from my 2nd grader's science study guide, feels pretty simple. But I realize you're an Orioles' fan, so let me know if you want me to help you sound out any of the big words.
Tibbers
You obtuse ****bird. They don't have the mass required to make that flight but keep on defending the cheaters! It's a good look!
tjack16
AG
Tibbers said:

You obtuse ****bird. They don't have the mass required to make that flight but keep on defending the cheaters! It's a good look!

I've never heard the word ****bird before ... is that another name for an Oriole?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tibbers said:

I'm not defending anything except for science. And is the alleged buzzer making a noise or is it like an intense vibration that the hitter can feel? I'm trying to understand the science behind it.
Tibbers
tjholley16 said:

Tibbers said:

I've never heard the word ****bird before ... is that another name for an Oriole?

Yes its what we call Chris Davis.
Tibbers
tjholley16 said:

Tibbers said:

Yeah it's what we call Chris Davis.
Tibbers
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2020/02/08/astros-front-office-laid-groundwork-sign-stealing

Think of a buzzer you would get at a restaurant that when your table is ready would buzz to let you know it's time to be seated. It's the same principle just much more sophisticated and reduced in size to that of a watch battery.

The Astros found that not only was it a more conspicuous way to cheat, it was way more effective. This also gets around the MLB official standing at attention watching the live feed in the dugout. The Astros front office was heavily involved in this process using CCTV cameras as a workaround to the MLB official.
If one pulled the string hard enough, you would see a great expenditure by the front office in camera equipment, far greater than any other team. The watch battery sized buzzers (as shown in the Chirinos video) were then taped to the chest or in the case of the moron Chirinos the upper portion of the bat and would vibrate to indicate the pitch. This system works extremely well when you have enough data to determine the signs real time.
This type of cheating only works if the other team is not aware and can not change their signs on the fly. By 2019 teams were changing their signs mid batter via 'playbooks' in pitchers' hats like a QB would have in the old days.

There are even rumors the Astros took it a step further and were incorporating AI to yield higher percentages of correct answers. I cant speak to that.

All I'm trying to get you to realize is the level of cheating was institutional. 2017 may have only been player involvement but beyond that, the front office would have to be implicated as well. It is for this reason I think Mike Elias left when he did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/houston-astros-cheating-scheme-dark-arts-codebreaker-11581112994
_lefraud_
AG
Tibbers
Just stating facts. Your organization deserves daily lashings for life. Also, that hat belongs in a museum.

From top down, your entire organization cheated. What does that feel like as a fan? The players, the coaches, the front office, the owner, all in on it.
Ag_07
AG
Tibbers said:

Just stating facts.

Yet you use words like rumors and may have been and I can't speak to that.

You're so far away from facts you come off as delusional and obsessive.

And you make the argument that it was top down (which is fine no one is arguing that and that's actually a fact) but then turn around and make the argument Elias wasn't involved. Let me fill you in on something...Some facts.

Elias and Mejdal were both the masterminds behind the Astros data driven algorithmic approach and were the ones responsible for building and implementing sabermatrics into the organization. If you don't think they were heavily involved in building algorithms, using cameras, or implementing AI in the signing stealing scandal then I don't know what to tell you. That's what they did. They're experts in doing exactly that.

So I'd tread lightly when you're team hired the guys who created the monster. You can't have it both ways by saying everyone was involved but no not the guys we hired.
Tibbers
Looks like there needs to be a new hat. The 'Red Sox Smartwatch'
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.