*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,189 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cora fired
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Pretty ****ing sick lineup..... That made my day better. Thanks
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG

Another one bites the dust.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Jackal99
AG
k20dub said:

EABFD, MLB
Mr.Bond
AG
Gotta love the bias of sports alerts

"red Sox and Cora mutually agree to part ways"

Jesus H Christ they don't even try to hide the bias

Harry Stone
AG
Harry Stone said:

Also who wants to bet the Sox get out in front of this and fire Alex Cora to reduce their penalties.

gone.
Harry Stone
AG
The Red Sox are hoping this reduces their penalty, so hopefully the evil empire steps in an nails em.
JABQ04
AG
And now another team should be gunning for Mike Fiers.
Bulldog73
AG
So what I'm hearing is we can hire Cora?
amercer
AG
Mr.Bond said:

It's been reported extensively that MLB wanted no part in investigating any of this. They will sweep anything they can under the rug. And honestly I think they would have done the same with the Astros had their hand not been forced on it.
Bulldog73
AG
And Taubman being an idiot made it worse for us, I'm 100% convinced.
rak1693
AG
Yea I'm sure Cora agreed to it. Him leaving a franchise like that was definitely his own decision...
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Except that's the official statement from the Red Sox - that they agreed to mutually part ways.
CFTXAG10
AG
Bulldog73 said:

He was mentioned in the Manfred report for his locker room incident. Which I found interesting considering it had nothing to do with sign stealing. Instead Manfred was trying to show a lack of control in other areas. He and the rest of MLB can EAD.
Mr.Bond
AG
Then it's still horse **** and them just trying to save face dim doing this should not take away any of the punishment they have coming to them

spadilly
S
I get the Red Sox trying to get out ahead of it but mlb still needs to bring the hammer.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
For sure, it's just the Red Sox attempt at controlling the narrative.
CFTXAG10
AG
Now this is bull****, from your official account? GTFOH, he was fired. Spin it how you want I guess.

Deluxe
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Correct. Cora will still get the MLB hammer dropped on him. Cora defied the commissioner's order to stop TWICE as a coach and was mastermind behind the Astros system.

And Red Sox will still be hit with team penalties (though not as severe as the Astros).
wangus12
AG
They better still fry them.
Harry Stone
AG
spadilly said:

I get the Red Sox trying to get out ahead of it but mlb still needs to bring the hammer.

Im sure he got a massive payoff package to stfu. 'Alex, here's $40,000,000. Just tell Manfred it was isolated to the Astros.'
spadilly
S
"Mutual parting"

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
AggiEE
CFTXAG10 said:

Bulldog73 said:

He was mentioned in the Manfred report for his locker room incident. Which I found interesting considering it had nothing to do with sign stealing. Instead Manfred was trying to show a lack of control in other areas. He and the rest of MLB can EAD.

The commissioner was trying to paint a narrative that the Houston front office had a misogynistIc and cheating culture that was pervasive throughout the entire organization

Yes, the Taubman incident kicked off this entire thing with the media. Manfred had a bone to pick with the Astros
Nino Brown
Loving the drama already. Yankees lose to the team in 17 and 18 that won the World Series and both of those teams had Cora on the bench. During the only decade that the Yankees never made the World Series.

Yankees still get ***** slapped in 19 while there have been rumors of as many as 8 other teams doing the same thing directly from MLB players. Yankees drop bank on Cole. Here's to the 2020 MLB Season.
Ag_07
AG
Some of y'all are way too obsessed with the Yankees.
Marvin
AG
Cannot wait for that ***** Buster Olney to question the success of Mookie Betts and JD Martinez. I'll hold my breath.

Jackass can go suck a tailpipe.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Some of y'all are way too obsessed with the Yankees.

It's not a rivalry until they beat us
Nino Brown
Go watch game 2 of the 2017 WS. Tell me how effective this damn banging on a trash can was in LA. Or Bregs homerun in Boston that year.
Wabs
AG
How many ****ing titles did the Yankees win with cheater steroid users on their roster??? Cry me a ****ing river Yankees. You were cheaters long before any of this.
MelvinUdall
Ok, after the events over the last 24 hours, I had to move forward and look to the future. With that said, I have created a shirt and I am genuinely curious if there is any interest for this shirt. Let me know your thoughts.

bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm gonna pass on glorifying this mess.

If we wanna look to the future and move past all this I rather just forget it and win ball games.
First Page Last Page
Page 80 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.