*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,326 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that's what's mind-blowing.

players making $10, 15, 20, 30 MM per year...turning on the manager that makes just over $1 MM per year
BMX Bandit
NM. See the other post
tjack16
AG
this would have been so much easier to stomach had we not blown game 7
Cromagnum
AG
LaQuica said:

CFTXAG10 said:

LOL same **** from Ranger fans what pathetic ******s.

As a Dodgers fan that chode's opinion on the matter is irrelevant.
KC_Ag14
AG
What a weekend for Houston sports fans. One I certainly won't forget... for all the wrong reasons. After hearing the findings in the report, Crane simply felt he didn't have a choice. You have to wipe a slate that dirty (or at least portrayed to be) completely clean, and now it is. Both of those guys impact has been made, and will be missed.

More so than the GM, I think the hiring of the next manager is biggest decision in the history of the franchise. Sustained success in sports organizations begins and ends with culture. If nothing else, AJ established a culture in that clubhouse. The relationships he had with the players made them enjoy coming to ballpark everyday and playing together. That will be tough to replace, but hopefully Crane will take some of the players thoughts on some of the candidates into consideration. The opportunity is still there to be great for a long time with this core group, but they need THEIR guy on the bench, not Crane's.
Farmer1906
AG
W
AG
one thing for sure...

the 5, 10, 15, 20-year anniversary/reunion weekends of the 2017 championship team will be very interesting.

can't wait
Anonymous Source
S
Cromagnum said:

LaQuica said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Series was tied 3-3 and the Dodgers lost game 7 at home, where the video **** wasn't happening
Gig 'Em
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

All 13 of them?? lol
Harry Stone
AG
You think the A's leave Fiers at home when they play in Houston?
CFTXAG10
AG
Harry Stone said:

I don't wish bodily harm on the guy, but I hope he never feels comfortable in Houston again
bearkatag15
AG

Logan Morrison airing more laundry out there

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/morrilo01.shtml
W
AG
you know some irony here...

with Hinch's firing...Bill Virdon will remain the Astros all-time managerial leader in games managed and wins.

the Astros of the mid-70's were a clown show until Virdon was hired in August 1975. His reputation & professionalism really elevated the status of the franchise across baseball
Big Al 1992
AG
Agree with Richard Justice .. you sign Springer to a 5 year 30 million per year contract. You can't let the players or fans walk away. And do it this week.
tjack16
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Agree with Richard Justice .. you sign Springer to a 5 year 30 million contract. You can't let the players or fans walk away. And do it this week.
Post edit: I'd hope this is what happens.
Kashchei
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Harry Stone said:

I don't wish bodily harm on the guy, but I hope he never feels comfortable in Houston again

I don't wish him bodily harm, but if something were to happen to him I can't say I'd be broken up about it...
Ag12thman
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Agree with Richard Justice .. you sign Springer to a 5 year 30 million contract. You can't let the players or fans walk away. And do it this week.
Agree and I hope most of the players still want to play for us. Reports on Twitter are the players are fuming angry with the firings.
Post removed:
by user
Big Al 1992
AG
Fixed it.
CoachRTM
AG
With how many players, coaches, execs switch teams.... the MLB's dirty laundry is going to get aired out.

Astros will be the "big name" that will get the heaviest punishment, but the whole story will get out.

Similar to the way people know that steroids were a huge issue, but you really only think of 2-3 players as the "face" of the scandal.
wangus12
AG
Cromagnum said:

LaQuica said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I really hope something comes out on them, especially after Bellingers comments. ******s
wangus12
AG
W said:

one thing for sure...

the 5, 10, 15, 20-year anniversary/reunion weekends of the 2017 championship team will be very interesting.

can't wait

Bet one person doesn't get invited
Boiling Denim
W said:

as others have mentioned...Biggio or Berkman would be a great candidate as the "high-integrity" fill-in manager (for 2020)
Berkman would be a huge step back to the mid-2000's. He's already admitted the team wouldn't let him coach the players up some during Spring Training while visiting because he had no clue about the analytics they were teaching these guys.
Harry Stone
AG
Im sure Jim Crane was 100% ethical on his climb to becoming a billionaire
ClickClack
AG
This is unreal. If everything pretty much happened in 2017 before stricter rules why are we getting hammered?

Also, **** Alex Cora. Not ok that Hinch and Luhnow are gone for this.
W
AG
Ag12thman said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Agree and I hope most of the players still want to play for us. Reports on Twitter are the players are fuming angry with the firings.
yep, it seems like a situation...where they might have testified differently if they had known the end result would be Hinch's firing
the last of the bohemians
Can't we have nerds teach the analytics and let the head coach actually coach.
Harry Stone
AG
Also who wants to bet the Sox get out in front of this and fire Alex Cora to reduce their penalties.
the last of the bohemians
What are the odds that Correa was a sellout in the interviews?
Ags #1
AG
Didnt a memo get sent in Sept of 2017 telling team to stop using cameras to steal sign yet we continued to do it thru the playoffs?
W
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

What are the odds that Correa was a sellout in the interviews?

there is potential for clubhouse issues...as the players wonder who said what...and who said too much
Beau Bevers
AG
I just want to see Manfred hand the Commissioner's Trophy to Joe Espada at the end of October this year. At MMP.
W
AG
Harry Stone said:

Im sure Jim Crane was 100% ethical on his climb to becoming a billionaire
Crane must think Luhnow and Hinch are really expendable.

because in the world of sports...you don't clean house in the middle of a championship window.

just let the furor blow over...and then pick up where you left off
Bulldog73
AG
Well, it was well documented that teams (specifically the Mets) didn't want to trade with us because Lunhow had a reputation for fleecing other sides in trades. Hinch was Dr. Play it by the Numbers. I think AJ won't be easy to replace because he got so many to full buy into following the numbers, but the wishful thinking side of me wonders if this won't open up new trade opportunities.
Bulldog73
AG
Then have AJ & Jeff helicoptered into the stadium because their ban would then be over. (I know literally no chance of that happening since they've both been fired, but a guy can dream.)
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.