*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,110 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what?

Luhnow and Hinch fired?
tjack16
AG
well this season can go 1 or 2 ways

1. Team takes this like the Patriots did post deflate-gate and go on a revenge tour against the MLB, and win the world series to spite them.

2. Lose all motivation and be mediocore.
W
AG
wow, some of the current Astro players must have thrown them under the bus
Ag_07
AG
Um...Hinch threw himself under the bus.
Mr.Bond
AG
**** this. This is my team no matter what. You want off the wagon, don't let the door hit you in the ass

Now go win the whole ****ing thing, we are still one of the top 3 most talented teams in baseball
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Frok
AG
Ag_07 said:

Um...Hinch threw himself under the bus.

Hinch is a good laid back guy. He probably didn't approve of it but didn't want to be confrontational about it. Lesson learned.

Not really sure what Jeff Luhnow should have done. His job is to manage the roster, not monitor in-game clubhouse behavior.

Ag_07
AG
Yeah I don't see this making a difference in the team this year. They still have the core together and the talent is there.

It's what happens in the long term without JL that worries me.
wangus12
AG
Muy said:

wangus12 said:

The real suck is gonna be listening to DFW radio stations beat each other off over this on the way to and from work.

Because it wouldn't happen in Houston if the roles were reversed.
It probably would, but I'm not a Rangers fan that live in Houston so it wouldn't really matter.
W
AG
I can't believe Crane fired them
MAROON
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Peter Gammons and some others on MLB Network just said Luhnow may never work in baseball again, but Hinch will be welcomed back in the league.

I guess I'm not seeing what the GM has to do with the on the field stuff. Especially enough to get black balled.
everyone in MLB hates Lunhow, He does it his way, makes them all look stupid and wins.

Lunhow will be running another major sports organization within a few month if I had to guess. Not in baseball obviously.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
ccaggie05
AG
I wonder what Fiers got out of setting all this crap in motion. As far as I know his hasn't returned his 2017 WS ring he was so happy to receive. ****er.
gambochaman
AG
well, quite obviously the players were in on the scheme...so they should not be pissed at hinch/lunhow/etc...

if anything, it should motivate them that they can win this without that stupid scheme
agproducer
AG
This is still just a shock.

I'm in disbelief!

Crane had to do something for the integrity of the franchise. I don't agree with his decision, but I understand it. It's awful to lose Luhnow and Hinch. But, remember, the Astros went to the WS in the 2000s before them.

The Astros still have their core players. They still have the analytics and if they have some on the inside who can keep that going, they will be fine in 2020.

I'm more concerned about the aging rotation with JV and Greinke along with no bullpen flexibility.

2021 and 2022 will be pivotal.
agchugger
AG
Can't wait to watch the 30 for 30 on this a decade from now.
bilbobag
Crane mentioned baseball having replay has allowed more technology available to the game
PhatMack19
AG
maca1028
You one the astros staff too!?
Farmer1906
AG

I'm in for this theory.
the last of the bohemians
Astros would have won + 100 games with any manager in 2019.
Thank you MLB for ultimate motivation for players like Bregman and Altuve
W
AG
as others have mentioned...Biggio or Berkman would be a great candidate as the "high-integrity" fill-in manager (for 2020)
Bulldog73
AG
This is my guess. I am surprised no players were punished as the report said it was orchestrated by players (Beltran included) and Cora. That's the part that doesn't add up to me.
the last of the bohemians
Could we have biggio as HC, bagwell as hitting coach, and Berkman as insightful story teller coach?
Ags #1
AG
Seems like they were basically given immunity to be as up front as possible.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ags #1 said:

Seems like they were basically given immunity to be as up front as possible.
Which tells me even more that Manfred knows it isn't just the Astros....
The Milkman
AG
If you losers dont want anything to do with the Astros going forward then good riddance. No one can call themselves a true Houston fan if they cant put up with suffering, gut punches, and kicks to the balls.
W
AG
and apparently they were...in not just throwing the coaching staff under the bus...they ran 'em over with the bus
Texaggie7nine
The Milkman said:

If you losers dont want anything to do with the Astros going forward then good riddance. No one can call themselves a true Houston fan if they cant put up with suffering, gut punches, and kicks to the balls.
Anyone that jumps off the bandwagon today, wasn't on it 5 years ago when we were the worst in baseball.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Or GM

He's worked under JL as a GM assistant for a few years now.

I would not be opposed to giving him a look at either position.
ccaggie05
AG
W said:

and apparently they were...in not just throwing the coaching staff under the bus...they ran 'em over with the bus

Yeah there is a part of the report posted earlier that said the players all said they would have stopped if Hinch said so.

I'd be bitter as hell if I was him.
MathNewman06
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Changing diapers or changing teams? Who knows what this is in reference to.

I guess we might have a better idea what this was about now?
CFTXAG10
AG

Bubba smollett
CFTXAG10 said:

LOL same **** from Ranger fans what pathetic ******s.
rgt99
I'm disappointed, but I've been through some bad years as an Astros fan. When people talk **** about your team, it's usually because we kicked their teams ass for the last five years.

I'm still behind the team. Let's ****ing win another title so we can shut these mother ****ers up, especially the Yankees
spadilly
S
The Milkman said:

This. And if any of y'all want to get rid of your gear, kindly send it my way. I'll take it.
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Let's see... better road record than home record... won 2 games in LA, including Game 7.

yeah, not the better team.
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.