*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,423 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, is this the way MLB has leveled the playing field and gained parity? If yes, it's a pretty crappy way to do it.

You'd think MLB was an arm of the DNC...penalize the successful so that others will have a chance.

I'll wait for MLB to assess similar penalties against the other clubs involved in similar activities (but I'm not going to hold my breath).
aTm2004
AG
Crane isn't an idiot. Their sendoff package has to include language telling them to keep quiet.
TREX01
Farmer1906 said:

The 2020/1 and 2021/22 are the biggest potential offseasons that will either sink this franchise and keep the window open. I think we'll know pretty early (after this year) if whoever the new hire has any idea on what they're doing. At least we still have Strommy... for now.
Are Lunhow and Hinch the only guys in the league that can do their respective jobs? This will hurt initially but the Astros will be just fine moving forward.
Big Al 1992
AG
Said it before - no way MLB hammers an East or west coast team like this.
WES2006AG
AG
1876er said:

This is why you never get too emotionally invested in a sports team.
If you can't experience the lows you don't deserve the highs.
CFTXAG10
AG
Deluxe said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I have no doubt this is going to spring a lot of leaks about what other teams are doing to obtain a "competitive advantage"
Sets up a really good incentive for players to rat out former teams with spoiled relationships. Wonder if Evan Drellich has Jacoby Ellsbury's number.
Exactly. This isn't the mafia. Guys are going to start ratting out other teams even if they do it anonymously. Might be a big reason MLB hit the Astros as hard as they did. To send a message that if you don't cut the **** right now you will be dealt with.
tremble
AG
By far the best at their jobs.

Don't worry though, MLB just set a great example for us all. You can beat the **** out of your women but get caught violating an Unwritten "rule" as of 2017 and we will crush you.
TREX01
tremble said:

By far the best at their jobs.

Don't worry though, MLB just set a great example for us all. You can beat the **** out of your women but get caught violating an Unwritten "rule" as of 2017 and we will crush you.
You were probably one of the worst on this thread about getting Hinched, years ago when we would lose a game. Bo Porter could have managed this team to a WS birth in the last 3 years. Hinch was good but its easy to look that way when you have the best roster in the game and are cheating to boot.
CFTXAG10
AG
Soooooooooo........

Who should we target as next Manager and GM?
Johnsy3
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Soooooooooo........

B G O
B G O
B G O
Mr.Bond
AG
Cmon down Lance Berkman
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tremble
AG
Bo Porter was a ****ing moron. While I'm sure I complained about Hinch my fair share I never advocated for him to be fired. He's clearly great at his job and now the owner has let go of both the architect and the guy who managed all the egos.

This is a horrible result.
HTownAg98
Big Al 1992 said:

The Red Sox are up next, and if you believe the rumors, they may get hammered just as bad, if not worse.
Deluxe
AG
Bochy
Mathguy64
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Soooooooooo........

Don't worry. Crane's boy who deposed Reid Ryan in charge of Baseball Ops will wear 2 hats. He's got this.
aTm2004
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Big Al 1992 said:

The Red Sox are up next, and if you believe the rumors, they may get hammered just as bad, if not worse.
I wonder if the Red Sox have some dirt on the Yankees they're willing to make public after?
Teddy Perkins
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Soooooooooo........

I think Joe Espada will be manager and Pete Putila will be interim GM. Both from within the organization.
ccaggie05
AG
I have to imagine Springer isn't going to sign an extension at this point.
Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Soooooooooo........

Bidge for Manager/GM
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Soooooooooo........

I'll guess they will give Espada the interim manager title for the season. If he kicks ass and we don't skip a beat then he could earn taking the interim title off.
Hershey97
Buck Compton said:

I get the firings as the owner, but Manfred better burn the Red Sox and Yanks to the ground as well or I'd raise hell about draft picks.

For ****s sake, Judge was caught on live ****ing TV in the playoffs with printouts and the guiltiest look a player has ever given on live TV...
Curious as to why you think looking at printouts is cheating? Only youtube video i've seen of this incident is an obvious joke lol.

They've already said what the Yankees did wasn't against the rules at the time, nothing will happen to them. Cora is in deep trouble though
bearkatag15
AG
ccaggie05 said:

Yeah 0 chance.

Also no way Houston wins that arbitration hearing either
irish pete ag06
AG

Wish Spaeder would just go scorched Earth too. He's not an Astros fan and he's been banging this drum since the very beginning of the accusations.
PhatMack19
AG
Peter Gammons and some others on MLB Network just said Luhnow may never work in baseball again, but Hinch will be welcomed back in the league.

I guess I'm not seeing what the GM has to do with the on the field stuff. Especially enough to get black balled.
E
AG
Gotta imagine Espada will be the coach for 2020 and whatever GM we hire will bring in his guy in 2021 if he doesn't think Espada will get the job done. With spring training coming up next month, I can't see us getting a new coach and GM. GM seems more likely.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

ccaggie05 said:

Yeah 0 chance.

Also no way Houston wins that arbitration hearing either

Not sure I agree with this... he may not sign, but I doubt Hinch's firing will be "the" reason.
wangus12
AG
Dear Mr. Crane,

Thank you for doing what you feel is right for the organization and getting rid of the problems. Its a start, but you still owe all the fans for this embarrassment. The only real way to fix that is to open your ****ing checkbook and pay the good players we have left before they all leave.

Thanks,

The fans.

Ag_07
AG
He was more than GM. He was President of Baseball Ops

This all falls under him
JohnnyTexAg1995
Hershey97 said:

Buck Compton said:

I get the firings as the owner, but Manfred better burn the Red Sox and Yanks to the ground as well or I'd raise hell about draft picks.

For ****s sake, Judge was caught on live ****ing TV in the playoffs with printouts and the guiltiest look a player has ever given on live TV...
Curious as to why you think looking at printouts is cheating? Only youtube video i've seen of this incident is an obvious joke lol.

They've already said what the Yankees did wasn't against the rules at the time, nothing will happen to them. Cora is in deep trouble though

How the heck could that be any different Thant video?! He's looking at our signs clearly taken by a camera for them to use?!?!
E
AG
is it because the pitches aren't live?

There's one thing about catching a pitcher tipping his pitches and looking at it afterwards, there's another thing about someone relaying what pitch the catcher told the pitcher told them to pitch right before the pitch is thrown.
wangus12
AG
The real suck is gonna be listening to DFW radio stations beat each other off over this on the way to and from work.
CFTXAG10
AG
Small silver lining with the CFP tonight. Take a little heat off.
ccaggie05
AG
When is the Cora punishment getting announced? It better be a multi year suspension based on the report.
Muy
AG
wangus12 said:

The real suck is gonna be listening to DFW radio stations beat each other off over this on the way to and from work.

Because it wouldn't happen in Houston if the roles were reversed.
CFTXAG10
AG
ccaggie05 said:

When is the Cora punishment getting announced? It better be a multi year suspension based on the report.
Manfred said he won't announce it until the investigation into the Red Sox is over. That investigation just started today, but if Boston is smart they already have a replacement in mind....
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.