*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,149 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
TREX01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bregxit said:

TREX01 said:

Crane absolutely did the right thing and it's laughable to think that Lunhow and Hinch will be picked up immediately. Much more likely that they are blackballed moving forward. We got what was coming to us blowing the WS. That's called karma.
$100 Lunhow is picked up within 2 weeks of the 2020 WS ending.
deal
txag614
Man **** major league baseball. Done with it. We ain't the only ones doing this *****
Bregxit
AG
HTownAg98 said:

"The report says Crane told Jeff specifically, after the September 2017 memo, to make sure the team was not engaging in these activities."

If I lied to my boss about something this important, I'd be fired on the spot. It's one thing to not know something is going on. It's another to be put on notice about it and do it anyways.
Yep. I understand the firing, but still think it is ****ing dumb. Crane didn't just find out about all of this. He is firing Lunhow to save face, not because Lunhow disregarded him.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Crane said that Manfred guarantees him that every single other allegation will have the same investigation associated with it. We will see if that's true.

Cora, at a minimum, is done. Red Sox will likely face a lesser penalty.
Mr.Bond
AG
Last 24 hours as a Houstonian have been ****ing devastating
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

WES2006AG
AG
This is all unfortunate but Crane deciding to clean house is probably the best decision. There was a breakdown, and the people in charge of the baseball operations (Hinch and Luhnow) are responsible on that front. At the end of the day this was a fireable offense but it sucks to lose such competent people.
agdaddy04
AG
After meeting Hinch last year and hearing how he analyzes everything I think you guys really underestimate him.
bilbobag
Complete lack of institutional control. Crane can't keep Luhnow or Crane because they lied to him. Crane didn't trust them.

What else was he suppose to do?

I also wonder if this was part of the punishment between MLB and Crane. We will suspend them but you will need to fire them.

Farmer1906
AG
The 2020/1 and 2021/22 are the biggest potential offseasons that will either sink this franchise and keep the window open. I think we'll know pretty early (after this year) if whoever the new hire has any idea on what they're doing. At least we still have Strommy... for now.
Big Al 1992
AG
Well - safe to say JV is going to the Hall in a Detroit cap.
Frok
AG
We lost game 7 of the world series. Then our best pitcher. The president of baseball operations was demoted for the owners son. Then the GM and manager got fired. (The day after the Texans embarrassed the city at an equal level as the old Houston Oilers)

To top it off I'll have to watch Mond quarterback the Aggies again next year. Screw it all.
Harry Stone
AG
NO OTHER TEAM HAS DONE THIS. IT'S AN ISOLATED INCIDENT.
BrokeAssAggie
Harry Stone
AG
so when do you think the Yankees will have the media announce Cora and the Sox? Immediately? Or will they let the Astros suffer a little more?
Pahdz
I didn't say it was a good move, I just guessed why he did it, something reeks of some backdoor agreement.
CFTXAG10
AG
Bregxit said:

HTownAg98 said:

"The report says Crane told Jeff specifically, after the September 2017 memo, to make sure the team was not engaging in these activities."

If I lied to my boss about something this important, I'd be fired on the spot. It's one thing to not know something is going on. It's another to be put on notice about it and do it anyways.
Yep. I understand the firing, but still think it is ****ing dumb. Crane didn't just find out about all of this. He is firing Lunhow to save face, not because Lunhow disregarded him.
I wonder if even after Crane told them to knock it off, he knew they were still doing it. Come out publicly reprimanding it that way if it came to this he could save face by firing them and claiming no knowledge it was persisting.
wangus12
AG
Frok said:

We lost game 7 of the world series. Then our best pitcher. The president of baseball operations was demoted for the owners son. Then the GM and manager got fired. (The day after the Texans embarrassed the city at an equal level as the old Houston Oilers)

To top it off I'll have to watch Mond quarterback the Aggies again next year. Screw it all.
At least my soccer team is doing ok.......wait we're as bad as we've been since the 70's. **** me.
Mr.Bond
AG
Who in the f*** would have thought Bill O'Brien would out last AJ
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Stone
AG
well at least we now know why the Astros weren't making offseason moves.
Big Al 1992
AG
Maybe this firing helps in the appeal process to get our draft picks back. Crane can say we fired the guys that did this, got a hefty fine, don't punish the city or fans that had nothing to do with this.
Ag_07
AG
Here's one for ya...

What decision is worse...Firing Luhnow/Hinch or keeping O'Brien?
HTownAg98
Mr.Bond said:

Who in the f*** would have thought Bill O'Brien would out last AJ

After yesterday, O'Brien should have been made to walk home.
bilbobag
Seeing Crane get choked up.. That's sucks. That should be enough to tell why Hinch and Luhnow were fired. Had two cheating wives
n_touch
Apparently beating the Yankees carries a harsher penalty than beating your wife

BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

Here's one for ya...

keeping O'Brien.

not even close.
Buck Compton
AG
I get the firings as the owner, but Manfred better burn the Red Sox and Yanks to the ground as well or I'd raise hell about draft picks.

For ****s sake, Judge was caught on live ****ing TV in the playoffs with printouts and the guiltiest look a player has ever given on live TV...
1876er
AG
This is why you never get too emotionally invested in a sports team.
Frok
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Maybe this firing helps in the appeal process to get our draft picks back. Crane can say we fired the guys that did this, got a hefty fine, don't punish the city or fans that had nothing to do with this.

I wish. Truth is Crane is a massive idiot. He thinks this will soften the PR blow. It won't, you already got hit with it.

Now over the next 5-10 years he will get to see just how important Luhnow was.

Houston sports are absolute torture.
CFTXAG10
AG
I have no doubt this is going to spring a lot of leaks about what other teams are doing to obtain a "competitive advantage"
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I have no doubt this is going to spring a lot of leaks about what other teams are doing to obtain a "competitive advantage"
Sets up a really good incentive for players to rat out former teams with spoiled relationships. Wonder if Evan Drellich has Jacoby Ellsbury's number.
bluefire579
AG
Ag_07 said:

Here's one for ya...

But he makes the playoffs! /McNairs
tremble
AG
Boohoo, poor millionaire *****.

Good luck building the franchise back up, back to the penny-pinching moron running the show that the franchise just escaped.
Marvin
AG
Look forward to Hinch or Luhnow making a statement... as in, did Crane cut a plea deal?
Cen-Tex
AG
This is bad for the Astros & their fans. I wonder if MLB would have been as enthusiastic if it were the Yankees or Dodgers?
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.