*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,041,606 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
BullSprig07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting, not sure I understand for the Reds though.
EagleAg19
Gerrit Cole to the yankees. ****.
YNWA_AG
AG
Cole to the yankees. Gross
linkdude
AG
LawHall88
AG
Buck Compton
AG
How are they going to possibly pay everyone on that payroll when Judge comes up for his contract??
Mr.Bond
AG
What an absolute disgusting contract. Jesus
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

EagleAg19
I guess it's official. We hate Cole now.
agdaddy04
AG
That's a nutso contract.
JABQ04
AG
Good. Yankees pay all these players money and still don't win *****

**** 'em
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Reds need a SS apparently. I guess they figure getting Bauer offsets the loss of Castillo, which would mean they would have to rely on cheap pitching options or younger guys in their system. I imagine they need some veteran presence too, so they could use Reddick for that.

For the Astros, Correa is projected to make roughly $7.5M in arbitration next year, so if they take on all of Reddick's salary, that frees up about $20M for the Astros. Toro (switch hitter) and Diaz can platoon at 3rd, Bregman shifts to SS, Tucker takes over in RF, and Alvarez / Brantley rotate DH / LF. Straw becomes your utility outfielder, and money gets freed up to either extend Springer or sign some relief pitching and a catcher. Even though you lose Correa's range on defense, on the upside you lose the injury circus and his inconsistent at-bats.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
That is such a horrible contract for the Yankees. They'll be damn good next year though.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EagleAg19 said:

I guess it's official. We hate Cole now.
He replaces Carlos Beltran as the player that Astros fans will love to hate.
shano0603
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

There are rumors afloat on the interwebs that the Astros are on the verge of sending Correa to Cincy for Luis Castillo, their young ace pitcher under control through 2024. Reddick may be included.

I'd try and get another prospect for him.. But I'd do that in a heartbeat.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
shano0603 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

There are rumors afloat on the interwebs that the Astros are on the verge of sending Correa to Cincy for Luis Castillo, their young ace pitcher under control through 2024. Reddick may be included.

I'd try and get another prospect for him.. But I'd do that in a heartbeat.
I'm sure there will be a fringe under-the-radar prospect thrown in. On the other hand, I would think if the Astros pull another prospect, they likely have to eat some of Reddick's contract.
astros4545
AG
4 years of control for Castillo????

That would seem a very valuable trade
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I really want this to be true.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

I would love this deal

But who plays 3B if Bregman moves to SS?
Juan Solo
AG
Toro/Diaz
Ags #1
AG
Lol who is alex jensen?
agproducer
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I would love this deal

Toro.

The more I think about this deal, the more I like it.

Correa can't stay healthy. We need to get rid of Reddick. He served his purpose.

Imagine a rotation of JV, ZG, Castillo, LMJ and Urquidy. IMO, that could be better than last year's rotation.
n_touch
Ags #1 said:

Lol who is alex jensen?
Fish Pond Manager
AggiEE
agproducer said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I would love this deal

Toro.

The more I think about this deal, the more I like it.

Correa can't stay healthy. We need to get rid of Reddick. He served his purpose.

Imagine a rotation of JV, ZG, Castillo, LMJ and Urquidy. IMO, that could be better than last year's rotation.

We'd have a really great top 4.

Correa wouldn't be too big of a loss either. His bat has seemed to be home run or bust. Really bad plate discipline. The rest of our lineup is pretty deep, and we'd be getting Tucker as a starter instead of Reddick
KC_Ag14
AG
You do that deal yesterday. Castillo is a young Felix Hernandez reincarnated. Yes please.
astros4545
AG
Yah

I'm just not seeing why the Reds would make this trade, so I question the validity, especially if we aren't taking any of Reddick salary
Breggy Popup
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I'd put Cole at 300+million around 0.02%
So you were saying there was a chance.
agproducer
AG
astros4545 said:

Yah

I'm just not seeing why the Reds would make this trade, so I question the validity, especially if we aren't taking any of Reddick salary

Maybe we would pick up some of his salary.
Buck Compton
AG
Just reported that Cole ALSO has a player-only opt-out clause after 5 years if he wants to get another huge deal. But if he starts to suck, the Yankees are stuck.
Mr.Bond
AG
Bregxit said:

Mr.Bond said:

I'd put Cole at 300+million around 0.02%
So you were saying there was a chance.

I've learned to never doubt the idiocracy of Brian Cashman.... The most overrated GM in sports
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

astros4545
AG
Lol

It's not his money, he gets told to sign Cole, he better get it done
Mr.Bond
AG
What's their payroll now? I can't imagine when judge is due his contract. Stanton, Cole and Judge will pull in 100 million as a trio alone

iBrad
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This is one of those where you have to consider the source. If this were true, there would be more than those three involved. The Astros would likely throw in a top pitching prospect that would potential compete for a spot in the Reds rotation at some point next season. The Reds would likely toss in one or two lottery ticket prospects.

Even then, this doesn't seem like a smart trade by Cincy, but look what we got Cole for.
iBrad
AG
Buck Compton said:

Just reported that Cole ALSO has a player-only opt-out clause after 5 years if he wants to get another huge deal. But if he starts to suck, the Yankees are stuck.
I hope we see a regression to his Pirates days, but that's probably wishful thinking.
W
AG
how would Correa be a "cornerstone SS" for the Reds to build around...when he's a free agent after 2021?

I'd take the trade in a heartbeat, but are the Reds that dumb?
aw08
Cole to the yanks for 9 years $324 mil
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.