*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,245 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verlander !

On the negative press, let's use it as motivation to win the title in 2020.

And those who think Astros were the only team stealing signs are idiots.
Nino Brown
Also something very fishy about Mike Fiers comments and timing. He said he wanted to help the young guys out with the Tigers and said, "Hey, this kind of stuff really goes on so be prepared."

Mike, you wouldn't of helped them more if that was your actually goal by bringing up this bs right then? Or are really trying to say many knew sign stealing was everywhere but you needed to wait a see what team you might go to next before burning any bridges?

By the way, Alex Bregman doesn't need any help from a cameraman. He and many others can see a pitchers glove positioning much easier then needing a camera to figure out what pitch might be coming from a catchers tipping, message relayed to the dugout and then to him in .7 seconds.
n_touch
Can we get a Gameday Sign of "This is my backup since the Astros stole my first one?"
Kashchei
AG
All of these awards (ROY and Cy Young) were supposed to be icing on the WS cake, but now they just seem like consolation prizes. I'm still not even close to getting over that loss.
maca1028
Truth
Farmer1906
AG
I will never get over that the best Astro team of all time and one of the best ever didn't win it all.
Farmer1906
AG
I will never get over that the best Astro team of all time and one of the best ever didn't win it all.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

Unfortunately our coach decided not to play our best players when it mattered most
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

Unfortunately our coach decided not to play our best players when it mattered most

I know. How could he leave TED on the bench?
Ag_07
AG
It's a sport. I was over it after a couple days. Turn the page and move on.

Now take the tears to the 2019 thread.
Ag12thman
AG
Time to move on to winning it all in 2020.

I'm already in major MLB withdrawal. NFL sucks more every single season and just doesn't do much for me. Luckily there is plenty of Aggie football, basketball, and baseball to focus on. The Astros and MLB are my sole pro sports passion these days.
maca1028
Preach
AggiEE
Ag12thman said:

Time to move on to winning it all in 2020.

I'm already in major MLB withdrawal. NFL sucks more every single season and just doesn't do much for me. Luckily there is plenty of Aggie football, basketball, and baseball to focus on. The Astros and MLB are my sole pro sports passion these days.

Lunhow is going to need to pull off some serious magic to have a team that compares to 2019

We're still really good, obviously, but we could be losing a few key players that will be difficult to replace
Nino Brown
I just rewatched a couple of Verlanders bad WS outings and he was definitely tipping his pitches a few times. I then remembered only ******* complain when they lose so I turned it off.
Kashchei
AG
Ag_07 said:

It's a sport. I was over it after a couple days. Turn the page and move on.

Now take the tears to the 2019 thread.

That's what common sense says, but I just can't do it that easily. Poured so much time, energy, and emotion into the team just to fall short. I'm not even mad at the Nats, I'm mad that we played like ****, didn't play to our potential, and got swept at home. Still hurts.
Nino Brown
Are we the new Evil Empire? If so, count me in.
Nino Brown
Also, if Fiers is so upset about the "alleged" cheating why didn't he say something during the 2017 season? It's about doing the right thing right?

Does he have to give back his pay that year and his ring? He said "they" cheated, doesn't he mean "we."

And since we had a better record on the road that year, and we got swept at home this year in the WS, sounds like we need to stop cheating.
Ag_07
AG
Since you can't read the caption...The Astros dugout anytime the catcher calls for an offspeeed pitch

https://instagr.am/p/B42OGephFrP
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B42OGephFrP

Nevermind I just saw the caption
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862539-mlb-mvp-2019-final-odds-and-predictions-for-al-and-nl-awards

Quote:

2019 MLB American League MVP Odds and Prediction

Odds
Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels: -140 (bet $140 to win $100)
Alex Bregman, Houston Astros: +100 (bet $100 to win $100)

Its close, but looks like whatever betting odds this is pulled from, shows Trout more likely. The voting must have been extremely close.
Frok
AG
Nino Brown said:

Maybe. Most of it is sour grapes from Yankees media. On Texags it's just Ranger fans trying to discredit the Astros.

Deluxe
AG
Frok said:

Nino Brown said:

Maybe. Most of it is sour grapes from Yankees media. On Texags it's just Ranger fans trying to discredit the Astros.

Yea. I don't think most fans outside Yankees/Red Sox (rivals) and Rangers (jealousy) care anymore.

Heck, it's already old news in Houston. Sports radio talk this morning had already moved on to Rockets/Texans.
gigemJTH12
AG
any chance Bregman wins today?
bearkatag15
AG

This is a must have on the christmas list
Beat40
Capitalism at it's best.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think Waste Management needs to do a promotional trash can giveaway for all fans early next season
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

any chance Bregman wins today?
If he gets more votes, then yes. If not, then no.
Jackal99
AG
third coast.. said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I think Waste Management needs to do a promotional trash can giveaway for all fans early next season

I would absolutely be at that game
Yep. I'd take my entire family. Get them all trash cans. And sit around beating them. That would be genius.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Id be in for an Astros Metal Trashcan give away
Farmer1906
AG
mazag08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Can it be for a home series against the Rangers so their butthurt fairy fans have to endure three straight days of it.
mazag08
AG
Also, since I'm not starting the season thread next year.. I can say that if I was starting it again, it would simply read..

"This game thread is under Houston Astros surveillance."

Deluxe
AG
mazag08 said:

Also, since I'm not starting the season thread next year.. I can say that if I was starting it again, it would simply read..

I actually think you deserve another shot. Your 2019 OP was outstanding. You did your part. We can mix up the date/time of the OP next year.
mazag08
AG
Deluxe said:

mazag08 said:

I actually think you deserve another shot. Your 2019 OP was outstanding. You did your part. We can mix up the date/time of the OP next year.
Thanks, but its time for fresh blood.
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.