*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,261 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
third coast.. said:

I'd be there tomorrow because this is the *******t ****ing pandemic ever

Absolutely. Open the gates and I'll be there.
CFTXAG10
AG
Just schedule the 48 game season already....

Mathguy64
AG
After 48 games in 2019 we were in first with an 8.5 game lead. We also had not one but 2 different 10 game win streaks in that window.

In 2018 we had a 2.5 game lead but were in 2nd later by game 61 and were in 2nd on game 37. In 2017 it was an 8.0 game lead.

48 games can be a crap shoot The As were in 4th or 3rd at that mark.
W
AG
we shouldn't have to wait too long much longer for the announcement of the 48-game schedule.

the season would probably run from Friday, July 31st to Sunday, September 27th.

the players need 3 to 4 weeks of training camp plus a 10 to 14-day notice for reporting.

which means the commissioner has to make the announcement by June 21st, 22nd, or so
agdaddy04
AG
mathguy86 said:

After 48 games in 2019 we were in first with an 8.5 game lead. We also had not one but 2 different 10 game win streaks in that window.

In 2018 we had a 2.5 game lead but were in 2nd later by game 61 and were in 2nd on game 37. In 2017 it was an 8.0 game lead.

48 games can be a crap shoot The As were in 4th or 3rd at that mark.

But you gotta think that if you knew you were playing only 48 games that they'd be managed differently. It's almost like one big postseason.
Ag_07
AG
Only MLB and MLBPA could f this up as bad as they have.

Such a joke
spadilly
S
MLB tried to cover up the Yankees cheating? Shocking.

mazag08
AG
Deluxe
AG
Like many on here predicted a while back, sounds like the gambling/DraftKings crowd bringing forth suits is causing the legal system to go around Manfred for info. Hope there's plenty more where this came from.
bearkatag15
AG
Some Astros player reactions

bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Checking in on Jomboy and his ****boy fans

bearkatag15
AG

A little context on correa's tweet. Correa is my king
Ag13
AG
Correa
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

That doesn't seem very consistent with their desperation to keep the letter from going public.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag13 said:

Correa

His IG post is even better w the picture

Texaggie7nine
W
AG
yep, all this is just like the steroid era.

every team was trying to get an edge by pushing the envelope as far as they could. Every team
Farmer1906
AG
gougler08
AG
Deluxe said:

bearkatag15 said:

That doesn't seem very consistent with their desperation to keep the letter from going public.

Agree, if it just covered what was already known, they'd just release the letter and move on
aTm2004
AG
aTm2004
AG
Does this mean we get Hinch back?
aTm2004
AG
cc10106
W said:

yep, all this is just like the steroid era.

every team was trying to get an edge by pushing the envelope as far as they could. Every team
Except the Astros got dragged through the mud and slandered about buzzers in '19. Big difference.
Mathguy64
AG
Love seeing that pitch every time. JV is walking to the dugout before the swing.
MaxPower
Objectively speaking, something doesn't make sense here. The Yankees say the lawsuit has been dismissed. Why would the judge request the letter be unsealed unless there was some sort of evidence that raises into question the accuracy of what was publicly released on the matter? And if there is something else that raises that question then why wasn't that also mentioned in the article?

I can't imagine I can raise a lawsuit and just tell the judge, "Hey, they're lying so I need to see all their email the past 12 months." You need SOMETHING to give the judge reason that accusation has some merit. I would think even moreso here where the Yankees aren't even a defendant.
CFTXAG10
AG

MaxPower
Dp
Beat40
This is beautiful. My goodness, I know y'all hate on Carlos for getting injuries too much, but that boy has some damn fire. His attitude is exactly what this team needs, I loved him calling out Bellinger before spring training got started, and I love him talking smack to Judge. Carlos has made me a huge fan of him.

If we don't get to play this year, it would be a travesty. I originally wanted to play that 50 game proposed plan just to see the Astros and Dodgers play, but I want whatever schedule allows the Astros and Yankees to play. Those series would be so chippy, and it'd be glorious.

I wish the Astros players should say they want to take whatever deal at this point just to smash the Yankees.
Beat40
I honestly don't expect much. The narrative is the Astros went further than any other team has ever gone with cheating, so anything less than what the Astros did is going to get written off as not as bad.

Only reason I want it to all come out is I want Crane to see how he got played. I want to see the players union actually take some action on how badly the Astros players got dragged through the mud and left out to dry for the 2017 season.
MaxPower
I don't care about the Yankees. I just think it confirms what we knew, Manfred is an incompetent turd. He's the one I want gone. Of course with the tradition of each commissioner screwing the Astros more than the last maybe I should be careful what I wish for.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Teddy Perkins
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Can I just say I love that this has brought some life back to this thread. It sorely hurts my online reading entertainment when this thread is only producing 10-15 posts a day as opposed to 10-15 a minute
First Page Last Page
Page 238 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.