*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,299 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I can watch Pete Rose run off to his duggout spiking the ball on the pitching mound.

Or watch that Game 5.
mwm
Painful. Again.
Big Al 1992
AG
mathguy86 said:

I don't think I can watch Pete Rose run off to his duggout spiking the ball on the pitching mound.

Or watch that Game 5.

We were at the game 5 at the Dome - I was 10. Wasn't there a triple play that the umps missed? And yes Rose skiing the ball was always insufferable.

Had forgotten the Dome bullpens were on 1st and 3rd and interesting to see no seats behind home plate in Philly.
Bregxit
AG
One day ATTSportsnet will be on ATTTV. Still sucks so bad that it isn't.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Thank you for using the correct name.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Nothing new here other than that it's getting attention again. I'm actually surprised we have sort of flown under the radar since COVID considering the lack of sports.
[url=https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29298330/alex-cora-astros-sign-stealing-two-man-show][/url]
Cora: Astros' Sign-Stealing Wasn't Two Man Show

Quote:

"There has been a narrative out there of what happened. Ever since mid-November until the commissioner announced the results of the Red Sox investigation, I have read many things that are true and many others that are not," he said. "Out of this whole process, if there is one thing that I completely reject and disagree with is people within the Astros' organization singling me out, particularly [former general manager] Jeff Luhnow, as if I were the sole mastermind. The commissioner's report sort of explained, in its own way, what happened. But the [Astros players] have spoken up and refuted any allegations that I was solely responsible."

He added: "If there is one thing I am absolutely sure of, it is that it was not a two-man show. We all did it. And let me be very clear that I am not denying my responsibility, because we were all responsible."
Ag13
AG
Astros about to make their first pick
CFTXAG10
AG

MLB Network "Even though its the Astros first pick, this is end of the 1st round, beginning 2nd round type talent"
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
mazag08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

MLB Network "Even though its the Astros first pick, this is end of the 1st round, beginning 2nd round type talent"

Luhnow still running the shop.
bearkatag15
AG
mazag08 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Luhnow still running the shop.

That's for sure

bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
I can't wait for this kid from the Bronx to get a start in the Bronx and kick the Yankee's ass.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
bullard21k
AG
RHP from Vanderbilt.

Tyler brown
Farmer1906
AG

Someone go read his old tweets. I bet there is some Astros slander. I wouldn't blame him though.
Farmer1906
AG
bullard21k said:

RHP from Vanderbilt.

Tyler brown

Top 5 closer in college. Maybe top 3. Big boy.

He already said he's going back to Vandy so I really hope we're sure on this one.
iBrad
AG
After losing their first two picks, I would hope the Astros had assurances that their third round pick would sign.
Mathguy64
AG
If you had the choice to come play for a WS contender or put up with that insufferable ******* of a whistler, going back to listen to that 24/7 cock gobbler for another year would be the wrong choice.
07ag
AG
https://utsports.com/sports/baseball/roster/zach-daniels/11816

zach daniels at 131, batted .225 at tennessee
https://ts.la/eric59704
Mathguy64
AG
I have no idea who he is but his JR year looks very different than his FR and SO ones.
TRM
AG
YNWA_AG
AG
He played well at the start of this season
iBrad
AG
The Daniels pick could turn out to be a good one. If he had maintained the pace he was on over a whole season, he would have gone higher in the draft. The shortened season makes him a risky pick, but the Astros had to take a chance in hopes to strike gold.

The speed and athleticism are there. Going back to his PG ratings out of high school, he has a decent arm and good bat speed. He also packed on 25 pounds in college. And it said he played on a summer league team called the Astros.
07ag
AG
mathguy86 said:

I have no idea who he is but his JR year looks very different than his FR and SO ones.
good point, people can improve,, imagine if we had stuck with jd martinez
Ag_07
AG
We did stick with JD Martinez. He did nothing but suck in an Astros uni.
bearkatag15
AG

redline248
AG
I'm ready for the owners to just give them the 100% prorated. It's gonna be less than half of what they'd pay in a full season, at this point. That's a lot of money they are saving, plus what they are saving from the draft this year. Just deal with the lack of fans for 3 months (or less).
Ag_07
AG
I don't think that's gonna happen

If they were willing to do that they'd have done a while ago and gotten started.
redline248
AG
The longer it goes, and the less games they are facing, the easier it gets. I think you're right though...stubborn old b-stards
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

come on, they're so close,, 72 games, 80% pay this year, add on 20% deferred after 3 years of expanded playoffs.
W
AG
with the recent COVID spike, the owners know that fans will not be back at all this season.

we're probably going to get the 48-game schedule mandated by the commissioner at full pro-rata.

so an owner with a $200 MM payroll will end up paying out about $59 MM in payroll

W
AG
also need to acknowledge...the difference in 100% pro-rata vs. 85% for a 76-game season is very significant.

again... an owner with a $200 MM payroll...at 100% for 76 games...pays out $94 MM.

at 85% for 76 games...the owner pays out about $80 MM.

that $14 MM difference is going to go to additional medical personnel, equipment, and testing. Plus increased travel costs after the COVID. (e.g. hotel rates)

gougler08
AG
W said:

with the recent COVID spike, the owners know that fans will not be back at all this season.

we're probably going to get the 48-game schedule mandated by the commissioner at full pro-rata.

so an owner with a $200 MM payroll will end up paying out about $59 MM in payroll

If MLB allows it, some states are already open for 50% of fans and i guarantee people would go. But that would give some owners the advantage and so I doubt the MLB would let that happen
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.