*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,300 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From above link:

Quote:

Finalize a plan in May. Hash out an agreement with the players by the end of the month or early June. Give players a week to arrive at designated spring training locations. Prepare for three weeks. Start the season in July. Play around an 80- to 100-game season in July, August, September and October. Hold an expanded playoff at warm-weather, neutral sites in November.

(Don't see how one can rally think they are only going to lose 20-30 games as posted above)
YNWA_AG
AG
The 60 day playoff sounds somewhat realistic
YNWA_AG
AG
Stros up 6-3 on the Yankees in game 7 of the dream bracket. Bottom of the 8th
Mathguy64
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Someone text AJ and tell him not to pull Greinke.
shano0603
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Aaaaaannnnd we blow it.
shano0603
AG
Keuchel gave up 3 out of the pen. Wagner gave up a run in the 9th to tie it. Lidge gives up a walkoff in the 12th
Mathguy64
AG
AJ wouldn't bring in Cole for real in Game 7 and some computer brought in Keuchel in an Internet game? What 5 year old is playing virtual manager?
Mr.Ackar07
When the computer has you losing to the Astros again, better blast out home runs in the 6th, 8th, 9th, and 12th to win.
Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

When the computer has you losing to the Astros again, better blast out home runs in the 6th, 8th, 9th, and 12th to win.
Yep. This "simulation" was never going to be won by the Astros.
tjack16
AG
Considering the historic yankees lineups .... I'd say they are the favorite to win it all.
falcon09
AG
The Yankee billions (if not trillions) buys another championship.
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15
AG

Quote:

EAST
  • New York Yankees and Mets, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins
WEST
  • Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Seattle Mariners
CENTRAL
  • Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Detroit Tigers

T&P to all the west coast game complainers
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
CFTXAG10
AG
At this point I will never complain about a West Coast start time again
BMX Bandit
So would the rangers start off in the Arizona division before moving home?

Don't see other teams being allowed to play real games in their stadium before they are.

Or will the "central" be on Arizona?
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Here

Besides being in the same division as the Dodgers and being able to shut their whiny asses up that's absolutely awful.

I still don't see why MLB feels so compelled to put us and TEX in the West.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Quote:

EAST
  • New York Yankees and Mets, Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Tampa Bay Rays, Miami Marlins
WEST
  • Los Angeles Dodgers and Angels, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, San Diego Padres, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers, Houston Astros, Seattle Mariners
CENTRAL
  • Chicago Cubs and Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, St. Louis Cardinals, Kansas City Royals, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Detroit Tigers

I mean, I wouldn't hate it. Interesting that they switched the Braves and Pirates to balance out the strength of teams, and probably the easiest way to get it even.

Hopefully they would start the games a bit earlier, especially in the beginning if there are no fans.

bluefire579
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Here

Besides being in the same division as the Dodgers and being able to shut their whiny asses up that's absolutely awful.

I still don't see why MLB feels so compelled to put us and TEX in the West.
Because geographically, the two of us are the furthest west of the central teams. Screws us, but it's what we're stuck with
Mathguy64
AG
Ron Manfred could screw up a wet dream.
Farmer1906
AG
If we break it up in groups of 8 and 6. This would minimize travel even more. Take the top team from each and 4 wild cards. Seed by best record. Home field for group winners.

West-8
SEA
OAK
SF
LAA
LAD
SD
AZ
CO

South-6
TEX
HOU
KC
ATL
TB
FL

Midwest-8
STL
MIN
MIL
CHIC
CHIW
CIN
DET
CLE

East-8
BOS
NYM
NYY
PHI
BAL
WASH
TOR
PIT
YNWA_AG
AG
They only have 3 host states right now. So that doesn't make sense logistically.

The playoff will most likely be expanded as well.
Farmer1906
AG
The plan says with testing they would play at home ballparks and minimize travel. Breaking it up more would only reduce travel more.
astros4545
AG
I don't understand how this reduces travel when everyone is playing at home ballparks

Just play a normal reduced schedule
YNWA_AG
AG
But it also states that it very possible the season opens only using Texas, Florida and Arizona
Farmer1906
AG
I thought that was the previous plan.
Ag_07
AG
There are multiple plans being thrown around.

I don't think there is are past plans or a current plan.

They're just spit balling. And honestly I don't see why these are constantly being publicized.

Instead of all these ridiculous plans being released how about figure it out and when you get a plan that's being put into motion let me know.
Pahdz
What is so hard about putting all the central time zone teams in the same group?
bearkatag15
AG
There aren't enough west coast teams to evenly split up based on time zones
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Pahdz
8 west, 8 central, then split the east into north and south divisions. I know that makes two divisions of 7 there but just let some east teams play inter division games
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Pahdz
I freaking hate being in the West. Maybe it's just my age but I have a tough time not always relating more to our old NL Central foes
Mr.Bond
AG
Pahdz said:

I freaking hate being in the West. Maybe it's just my age but I have a tough time not always relating more to our old NL Central foes
I initially HATED the change but have grown to really enjoy the "I-45 Rivalry", Not seeing pitchers hit and annual visits from Boston and NYY. Outside of that I hate everything else about the AL West.

9 pm first pitches are so effing stupid and I miss playing the Cubs and Cardinals
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
I don't mind the West too much during a regular season.

9 pm starts suck but with only 3 division teams it's tolerable.

However, it's gonna be rough with 6 West coast teams plus 2 more in the MTN time zone.

I also hear they'll talking about 7 innings games. That's just ruhtarted.
07ag
AG
i'm up at 5am everyday for work,, 7pm games often end too late for my tastes. i love when we're playing on east coast and the game start at 6 central
https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG
as long as we get games this season, I won't complain about what time they start.
First Page Last Page
Page 209 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.