*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,093 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

Took long enough. I have been waiting to hear what he had to say. I will say that now that I annoy him, I am sure that the commissioner did the right thing
Ag_07
AG
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

LeBron being insufferable. I'm shocked
astros4545
AG
Now we need Steve Kerr and Greg Pop to tell us how Trump influenced the Astros
CFTXAG10
AG
LeBron needs to be more self-aware. I guarantee you he has not read the Manfred Report or any other research on this subject. Just scrolling through social media seeing these hypocrites with asinine takes and deciding the world needs to know how he feels on the matter.

As the great Carlos Correa would say: Hey LeBron "if you don't know the facts you need to shut the **** up"
03_Aggie
The guy is called LeBrain in his own home city.
n_touch
CFTXAG10 said:

LeBron needs to be more self-aware. I guarantee you he can not read the Manfred Report or any other research on this subject. Just scrolling through social media seeing these hypocrites with asinine takes and deciding the world needs to know how he feels on the matter.

As the great Carlos Correa would say: Hey LeBron "if you don't know the facts you need to shut the **** up"
FIFY
n_touch
Man Banging Trash Can At Batting Practice

They never say in the article if it had a significant impact on batting practice or not.
astros4545
AG
Lebron

Yankees fan
Cowboys fan
Ohio State fan

Probably North Dakota State fan too

Trash human being
Wabs
AG
Commissioner: without Fiers we would have been able to start solving the league problem.

A league problem huh? When are all of the other investigations commish?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

So he's never embellished contact to get a foul call? Technically isn't flopping against the rules and could be considered cheating?
CFTXAG10
AG
Just watched the entire presser w/ Manfred: main takeaway to me was when he said he got grievances about "several other teams" in 2017

And the shocker: nobody pressed him with a follow up question on that statement
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Just watched the entire presser w/ Manfred: main takeaway to me was when he said he got grievances about "several other teams" in 2017

And the shocker: nobody pressed him with a follow up question on that statement

Yes, and so where are of the other ****ing investigations? Why isn't Crane asking him this question every day?
CFTXAG10
AG
Idk but Crane should go scorched earth if Boston doesn't get hammered for 2018 after everything the Astros have dealt with over the last few weeks....
dave94
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

So he's never embellished contact to get a foul call? Technically isn't flopping against the rules and could be considered cheating?

Ha, okay
Beat40
What?
Deluxe
AG
Ranger fan lurker
03_Aggie
Just a sad ranger fan that strayed away from his home.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Yup, I know. Just want him to say what he's thinking. That's the worst kind of comment.
dave94
AG
Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Yup, I know. Just want him to say what he's thinking. That's the worst kind of comment.
I quoted him to point out that it's ridiculous to compare flopping in basketball to this. I don't just lurk, I'll comment when I see something especially humorous. Sorry I didn't explain, I thought the implication was enough.

Carry on, my apologies.
Wabs
AG
dave94 said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

I quoted him to point out that it's ridiculous to compare flopping in basketball to this. I don't just lurk, I'll comment when I see something especially humorous. Sorry I didn't explain, I thought the implication was enough.

Carry on, my apologies.

Best just to stick with LeBron is a ****ing idiot.
Kashchei
AG
JABQ04 said:

I apologize if this was already brought up but I saw folks getting this embroidered on the sides of their Astros caps yesterday. I liked it.

I'm excited for the season. The boys are gonna come out with something to prove. **** everyone else.

Where is this?
Agnzona
CFTXAG10 said:

Idk but Crane should go scorched earth if Boston doesn't get hammered for 2018 after everything the Astros have dealt with over the last few weeks....

Every move he has made was a bad move. His response to MLB should have been see you in court and he should have told the players I got your back don't talk without a lawyer.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
03_Aggie
dave94 said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Carry on, my apologies.

Well players are fined for it so I guess that actually makes it worse than stealing signs.
03_Aggie
I'm assuming Lids.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
dave94 said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Carry on, my apologies.

Never said it was equal. just pointing out the hypocrisy.
iBrad
AG
On the cheating scale, where does pitchers using a foreign substance to increase their spin rate fall?
Beat40
dave94 said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Carry on, my apologies.

Don't apologize, my friend. I wanted to have a conversation about it if it was worth it. I wanted to hear your actual thoughts. I certainly thought that's what you meant.

I think it might be a little ridiculous for the poster to claim, but I don't think it's too far off base either. LeBron was once asked about his own flopping, which is in essence deceiving the referee, and he did say he would take any advantage he could get to win. Something along those lines. That could mean flopping to get the 6th foul on a teams best player with 5 minutes left in a game.

The one thing this scandal has brought out is what kinds of cheating or envelope pushing people are truly ok with from all sides.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your season. Baseball is the greatest game, warts and all.
monarch
S
BTW, F*** Lebron.
aTm2004
AG
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

bearkatag15
AG

Those odds are about right. Correa has been so vocal that he would likely be the front runner however he will likely be hitting 5th or 6th so Bregman would likely be the first
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AggieMD95
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

dave94 said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

Ranger fan lurker

Carry on, my apologies.

Never said it was equal. just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Exact. I'm sure nba teams steal play call signs all the time. And use it to steal the ball or defend a certain player or shot more effectively. Not to excuse the astros but these sanctimonious responses are really getting old. Only winning will make this better.
astros4545
AG
I think Bregman is the likely target due to his being white and Jewish and a hundred millionaire

He's a real easy demographic to target without media backlash
bearkatag15
AG

Bro, 26.4% usage is participating quite a bit
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
n_touch
Anyone else find it funny that Bearkat found a Tyler White article and he is not even on the team anymore?

zooguy96
Can Queen James just shut her pie hole? She's a dumbass, and have ever won anything without hand picking her teammates.
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.