*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,888 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bro, 26.4% usage is participating quite a bit

Maybe he's deaf
dixichkn
AG
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

Oh, this is rich.

The guy who supposedly had racist graffiti spray painted on his fence (but covered it up before anyone could actually see it) and continues to profit off of a company that pays children a nickel a week to make shoes bearing his name.......HE's gonna give the Astros a lecture on morality.

As far as you, Aaron Judge.......first of all, Mr Ed wants his teeth back. Secondly, 11 strikeouts in 24 AB in the ALCS? A little better than Bellinger, but barely. A little more self reflection and a little less piling on the victimhood might do you some good as well.
Ag12thman
AG
Clay Travis nailed it. LeBron thinks his views on anything and everything should be added to the book of James in the Bible. The problem (for him) is no one else gives a crap what he says outside his inner circle and those who just simply worship him.

Dude, just shut up and focus on the larger, inflated, orange ball.
n_touch
Ag12thman said:

Clay Travis nailed it. LeBron thinks his views on anything and everything should be added to the book of James in the Bible. The problem (for him) is no one else gives a crap what he says outside his inner circle and those who just simply worship him.

Dude, just shut up and focus on the larger, inflated, orange ball.

Mathguy64
AG
This mess is all on Manfred. By focusing on one team he's created this toxic atmosphere. He would have been better off taking a big picture outlook to focus on how teams are using technology and treat it openly as the systemic issue. Instead he gives the workd the impression it's one team and basically gives everyone ammo to use at one target.
Texaggie7nine
It sounds like that is what Manfred wanted. He said the biggest punishment was to expose exactly everything that happened in the Astros for the world to see.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
mathguy86 said:

This mess is all on the 2017 Astros.

FIFY
wangus12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Those odds are about right. Correa has been so vocal that he would likely be the front runner however he will likely be hitting 5th or 6th so Bregman would likely be the first
I'm still betting its Springer since he is gonna be the lead off. I just feel its gonna be the first person at the plate
iBrad
AG
Just wait until we get hit, have a brawl, and get raked over the coals for not taking our punishment like good little boys.
bearkatag15
AG
Some baseball talk:

Anyone think Dusty moves Springer out of the leadoff spot? I'm not saying I want it or that it needs to be done, but that was very much a Hinch thing so Dusty likely has a different thought on the construction of the lineup.

It could shake out like this:

Altuve
Bregman
Brantley
Springer
Alvarez
Correa
Yuli
Tucker/Reddick
Maldy
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
aTm2004
AG
I'd love to have a brawl in NY where Altuve beats the **** out of Judge.
Deluxe
AG
I've actually wondered that too. Guessing he'll keep it roughly the same (ain't broke don't fix) but maybe he has some other ideas.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Some baseball talk:

Anyone think Dusty moves Springer out of the leadoff spot? I'm not saying I want it or that it needs to be done, but that was very much a Hinch thing so Dusty likely has a different thought on the construction of the lineup.

I have thought about that. I do wonder what lineup changes Dusty will make.
Deluxe
AG
The good news is that we have 7 guys who are roughly interchangeable at the top, depending on who's healthy and swinging well. Don't think Dusty could really go wrong with any combination of those 7, aside from some standard lefty spacing.

Springer hitting leadoff is one potential spot he could look I suppose. Obviously he's our tone setter and doubt Dusty messes with that, but he might look and say "I want the two guys who get on base at a .400 clip (Bregman and Altuve) hitting 1-2". Just a thought.
astros4545
AG
Bregman hit 40 bombs
He better not leave the 3 hole
tjack16
AG
Two thoughts

1. Our guys are gonna get hit a lot and possibly most of spring training when the games are meaningless

2. LeBron can have whatever opinion he wants and run with it. I have Zero issue with that. My issue is ESPN acting like what he says is breaking news and must be displayed everywhere along with each individual player who speaks out.

Bonus thought: A lot of people are gonna be mad when we make the playoffs again
Ag_07
AG
Yes we do have a few guys that can hit leadoff but my concern would the drop off in George's production outside of the leadoff spot.

Don't his numbers significantly improve when hitting leadoff. He's comfortable there and although there are others that can do it George is at his best when he's leading off.
Wabs
AG
Of course we all want the Astros to make the playoffs again and a WS title would be the cherry on top. I think the best part would be to see all the whaling, whining, and everyone saying "they are still cheating!!!"

I would love to see Altuve hit another series ending bomb and strip completely naked as he rounds the bases, showing no buzzers or any of this other made up BS. (no homo).
aTm2004
AG
Exactly. George is the nucleus of the team and hitting lead off is where he seems to be the most productive. You don't mess with that. Coupled with he has good speed and is a good base runner, there's nobody else on the team that gives you what he does in that spot.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Yes we do have a few guys that can hit leadoff but my concern would the drop off in George's production outside of the leadoff spot.

Don't his numbers significantly improve when hitting leadoff. He's comfortable there and although there are others that can do it George is at his best when he's leading off.

For the record I totally agree. Was just hypothesizing a potential area Dusty might look to make a change, if he even decides to make a change at all.
. . .
"And yet it's easy to get carried away, to believe the addition of technology to standard action somehow makes it more severe."

dixichkn
AG
Good morning Houston! Welcome to today's episode of "ESPN's Victim Of the Day". Any guesses who it's gonna be today? I'm gonna go with Tommy Lasorda. He's about the only person in LA that hasn't weighed in on this yet........
dixichkn
AG
Adam Clanton is absolutely owning everybody on this issue. He's a beast.
Mathguy64
AG
dixichkn said:

Good morning Houston! Welcome to today's episode of "ESPN's Victim Of the Day". Any guesses who it's gonna be today? I'm gonna go with Tommy Lasorda. He's about the only person in LA that hasn't weighed in on this yet........

I see what you did there.
redline248
AG
Rosenthal has an article out this morning saying in order to move on the Astros have to stop saying 2017 WS was legit.

Dear Ken,

We clinched the DS on the road, in Boston. The Yankees scored 3 runs in 4 losses. We won twice in LA, in which the Dodgers did all kinds of things to give us runs. We won the division by 21 games, and the data suggests the banging scheme had little impact on the outcomes of games (as analyzed by Fangraphs).

It is legit. Kindly gfy
Wabs
AG
redline248 said:

Rosenthal has an article out this morning saying in order to move on the Astros have to stop saying 2017 WS was legit.

Dear Ken,

We clinched the DS on the road, in Boston. The Yankees scored 3 runs in 4 losses. We won twice in LA, in which the Dodgers did all kinds of things to give us runs. We won the division by 21 games, and the data suggests the banging scheme had little impact on the outcomes of games (as analyzed by Fangraphs).

It is legit. Kindly EAD and then gfy
Fixed
safety guy
AG
It's legit because they beat teams that had sign stealing schemes as well. This is the pushback that the Houston media needs to pound home. But they don't have the guts.
wangus12
AG
Wabs said:

Of course we all want the Astros to make the playoffs again and a WS title would be the cherry on top. I think the best part would be to see all the whaling, whining, and everyone saying "they are still cheating!!!"

I would love to see Altuve hit another series ending bomb and strip completely naked as he rounds the bases, showing no buzzers or any of this other made up BS. (no homo).
1820 Astros beating the Dodgers in LA for the World Series

wangus12
AG
****ing Mark Tiexiera says that the only way the Astros will ever regain some respect is if Altuve apologizes to Judge for stealing the MVP and the whole team apologizes to the Dodgers for stealing the series. Again someone failing to look at the fact the neither the Yankees or Dodgers could hit worth a damn in those series.

Texaggie7nine
Stupid azz Max Kellerman still on his "Astros cheated in the ALCS against my yankees" kick, Anyone who denies it is "stupid, lying, or delusional" all because of the splits and how much better the Stros played at home. He never mentions how big the splits with Yankee hitting was from away to home. If the split alone proves cheating then that means the Yankees were in fact cheating as well.
7nine
Beat40
Ken has had it out for the Astros since the Taubman incident. He's a clown show right now.
n_touch
Texaggie7nine said:

He never mentions how big the splits with Yankee hitting was from away to home. If the split alone proves cheating then that means the Yankees were in fact cheating as well.
The amount of runs they scrored in Yankee stadium alone tell the story. They scored 19 runs in 3 games in NY and only 3 runs in 4 games in Houston.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am actually glad the Yankees are throwing themselves into the mob. Judge, Stanton, and now Girardi. Even if they feel like they won't face retribution for what happened in 2017, since they were already warned and fined by the commish, the fact is they still got caught cheating. So yes, if they want to play that game, Judge's ROY is tainted, and so is everything else they accomplished that year.

But by all means, continue to join in on the hit parade, maybe more eyes will shift to your wrongdoings, or maybe take a note from Boston and sit this one out....
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I am actually glad the Yankees are throwing themselves into the mob. Judge, Stanton, and now Girardi. Even if they feel like they won't face retribution for what happened in 2017, since they were already warned and fined by the commish, the fact is they still got caught cheating. So yes, if they want to play that game, Judge's ROY is tainted, and so is everything else they accomplished that year.

But by all means, continue to join in on the hit parade, maybe more eyes will shift to your wrongdoings, or maybe take a note from Boston and sit this one out....
Yeah, it's funny how the Yankees claim they really didn't cheat because it was BEFORE the commissioner's memo. Even though using technology in the dugout has been against the rules since 2001.

So, they gained no advantage by using YES cameras because the memo hadn't been sent yet? That makes alot of sense.....
n_touch
I still question the whole dugout thing from this years playoffs. Why did he act so spooked and try to hide it. Not saying what he was doing was illegal but he made it look shady.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.