*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,347 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yankees have a god given right to be unanimous now
Ag_07
AG
I swear y'all have such an odd obsession with the Yankees.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

I swear y'all have such an odd obsession with the Yankees.

They've become our ***** so it's fun to talk about..... Sorry not sorry
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
My thoughts on Jeter and the HOF

Is Jeter a HOF? Easily. He had a hell of a career. The only reason he shouldn't be unanimous is because it's limited to 10 votes and maybe someone want to get someone else in or to stay on the ballot. While Jeter is a HOFer he is also one of the most overrated players and worst defensive SS of all time.
BMX Bandit
It's time to get over the "if this guy wasn't unanimous, then this other guy shouldn't be" nonsense.

Voter that didn't vote Jeter is a moron and frankly shouldn't have a vote. Same for those that' didn't vote Griffey.
Mr.Bond
AG
BMX Bandit said:

It's time to get over the "if this guy wasn't unanimous, then this other guy shouldn't be" nonsense.

Voter that didn't vote Jeter is a moron and frankly shouldn't have a vote. Same for those that' didn't vote Griffey.

You're entitled to your opinion for sure. But I'll Respectfully disagree. Those guys I mentioned were definitely more or at the very least as deserving of unanimous votes. If they didn't receive it then that's the standard
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
If you sneak in in your 10th year or go in 100% year 1, you're in.

Walker and Jeter had pretty much the same WAR. One played about 50% more games than the other. Bet you can't guess which one needed another 4000 games to keep up.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Please...Jim...No...Do not hire Dusty. Guaranteed to turn a 100 win team into a 80 win team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I feel like part of the reason Bannister wants the job is so he can feel like he stuck it to AJ one last time. I hope we don't hire him either.
ClickClack
AG
Jim Crane is a poosay. There I said it.
E
AG
The right choice is Espada for the year and let the new GM choose after that
rak1693
AG
Wikipedia currently lists Dusty as our manager. "Houston Astros (2020 - Present)"

**** the person who wrote that. I wouldn't wish him on anyone other than the Yanks.
dshedd41
S
Nah, I kept Astroball
Gig’em Aggies!
ClickClack
AG
If we don't hire showalter, dusty baker, or banister I'll go back on my words. Otherwise he's just catering to the national mobs. Or an idiot.
Ag12thman
AG
E said:

The right choice is Espada for the year and let the new GM choose after that
Yep. Please don't go Jerrah Jones on this, Crane.
agdaddy04
AG
Crane is the anti-Tillman right now. He'll do whatever the media asks him to do and like it.
Ag_07
AG
One name I'd like to see interviewed is Tim Bogar.

He managed in our MiLB system where he won manager of the year twice. He's got coaching experience with Boston under Francona, Tampa Bay under Maddon, and most recently Washington under Martinez.

I think he'd make an interesting candidate.
the last of the bohemians
Crane thinks it's a good idea to ask MSM for forgiveness...never give the group thinkers an inch...stupid stupid stupid
Pahdz
Great choice
CFTXAG10
AG
Crane can GFH if he thinks he's going to tell the players that they have to "apologize" and "ask for forgiveness" , we didn't rob or murder anybody. For f*** sake, grow a spine and start defending your team, or go back to getting the hell outta the way
crane's famous golfing buddy is starting to make more and more sense
Hershey97
Farmer1906 said:

one of the most overrated players and worst defensive SS of all time.

Only 5 gold gloves? One of the worst, really?
superaggie73
AG
Hershey97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Yes, look at the advanced stats. Gold gloves are voted on and a popularity vote. He made some web gems, but had one of the worst ranges for a major league short stop.
Pahdz
Rafael Palmeiro won a GG while playing like 20 games at 1B
Ag_07
AG
Gibby is climbing up my list

Hershey97
Yes, the advanced stats do show he didn't have the best range, especially to his left. This can also be skewed due to the length of time he played. But he led the league in fielding percentage for several years. I agree the gold glove can become a popularity contest, I just find it crazy thinking "one of the worst fielding ss" ever would win 5 gold gloves and receive every vote but 1 to the hall of fame. That sounds a little extreme. I don't care how popular you are, if you're that bad you're not going to get voted for the award.
Nino Brown
Crane will hire Dusty. You might as well go ahead and get behind it. Guy is hungry to win a title and will be so sweet given what's going on with the club.
I would love to see the comparisons on range at SS between Ozzie Smith and Cal Ripken. Where can I find stuff like that?
irish pete ag06
AG
ClickClack said:

Jim Crane is a poosay. There I said it.

He's been neutered apparently
astros4545
AG
Nino Brown said:

Crane will hire Dusty. You might as well go ahead and get behind it. Guy is hungry to win a title and will be so sweet given what's going on with the club.
Farmer1906
AG
Hershey97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He was fine in his younger days, but most of those gold gloves are meaningless. His range sucked. His arm sucked. I would have loved to see his IOAA.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Hershey97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

He was fine in his younger days, but most of those gold gloves are meaningless. His range sucked. His arm sucked. I would have loved to see his IOAA.

I'm sure if the Astros had drafted him and he helped us win a World Series in 98, and 05 then you'd be saying the same thing?
Hershey97
I'm sure you could just google player's name and range factor (RF). Baseball reference is a great website for that stuff but confuses me sometimes
Hershey97
Farmer1906 said:

Hershey97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

His arm sucked.

That's hilarious
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Hershey97 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm sure if the Astros had drafted him and he helped us win a World Series in 98, and 05 then you'd be saying the same thing?

Yup.

#s don't lie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/elitesportsny.com/2017/05/13/remember-derek-jeter-lets-not-forget-horrid-defense/amp/
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.