*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,422 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Calhoun continues to make his case with a HR in 2nd.
I agree about his hitting. I don't think there was ever a question he could hit.

He is pretty shaky out in LF, though.

You always find a place for dudes who can hit.
DallasAg 94
MooreTrucker
AG
hawk1689 said:

He may very well end up being an MLB 3rd baseman. I've been following prospects for a long time. More often than not, when 3B prospects can hit and have questionable or mediocre defense...they end up at 1B. Teixeira, Chris Davis, Joey Gallo are a few recent examples within the Rangers farm system.
Well, I haven't seen him play yet since he became a pro, but at Tech he had way better than "questionable or mediocre defense".
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Solak with second double of the game.

Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Solak with second double of the game.

Kid has been killing it so far.
Grapesoda2525
Is odor worried about solak yet?
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

Is odor worried about solak yet?
Unless the Rangers can find someone to take Rougned , they will still owe him about $ 47.5 million.
bigcat22
AG
Looks like Evan Grant is getting tired of answering Odor questions..

bigcat22
AG
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Baby Billy
AG
Delino just had the worst AB I've ever seen
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Rossko
AG
I've always been a huge Odor fan but Solak is the truth and the next Michael Young for us. We killed that trade with Fairbanks and Solak will be in the lineup for years.

I don't know how the roster will end up but the Opening Day lineup in 2020 (barring injury) should have Elvis (SS) Gallo (RF), Calhoun (LF/DH), Solak (2B/DH) & Santana (1B/3B). The other 4 spots are up for grabs and will probably include a rotation of players. We need to find a CF and a solution at C whether it's inside or outside of the organization.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

bigcat22 said:

Looks like Evan Grant is getting tired of answering Odor questions..

These are the same fans Grape references about being done with Odor, and wanting to try their luck with someone else.

And Grant is getting what he has stirred up. You tout the backup QB every chance you get, and then when the backup QB gets in, everyone celebrates. 1st INT and everyone pretends they never knew the backup QB.
Terrible way to explain it

The " backup QB" as you put it has come up from the minor leagues and actually outplayed the starter.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Too early to look at (or revisit) trade deadline deals?!

Obtained:
Kolby Allard - Could be a regular in the rotation for 2020
Nick Solak - Could be a regular in the lineup for 2020
Shane Carle
Ian Gibaut
Nate Jones

Retained:
Minor - #1/2
Lynn - #1/2

I don't think we could have expected much more than 2 contributors for 2020.

Yes, we could have had a lot more prospects and I would have liked more, but I think it was a win.
It definitely looks good right now. We still managed to pick up some talent who is playing well for us so far.

All of the kids picked up from TB can play ( gibault, solak, and Burke). Allard isn't as bad as I thought he would be, the media made it seem like Atlanta was dumping him to us because they didn't want him anymore.

If the owners actually pull out the wallet this offseason, we might possibly have a team who could compete for a wildcard, but it sucks because the American League is just a bunch of top heavy teams feasting. There is no middle class in the AL like there is in the NL.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
Is anyone else concerned that if we're happy with Tampa Bay's castoffs, maybe their future is really bright?
hawk1689
AG
Deshields is a plus defender on a pretty sorry defensive team. If they could upgrade on him, great, but he's certainly fine where is.
cmiller00
AG
Allard is also only 22 and made his MLB debut last year. He shot up Atlanta's system fast and had some struggles after his initial success so the shine wore off as a prospect.
Rossko
AG
Schall 02 said:

Is anyone else concerned that if we're happy with Tampa Bay's castoffs, maybe their future is really bright?
Their future is really bright. They have Wander Franco who is likely to be the next teenage MLB phenom (20 at the latest) and great pitching. They have one of the best farm systems in baseball so can afford to give up the players they did.
Grapesoda2525
Schall 02 said:

TB is the least of our concerns right now. They aren't even a rival in my mind.

We just need to do whatever we possibly can to boost the talent pool in this organization and I don't care if that entails taking some of TB's left overs. They have so much talent that they can't protect or keep everyone. A very smart organization for sure.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525

The old man has jokes.
bigcat22
AG
Something tells me this "3 year" commitment isn't going to go over well with this board

DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

Something tells me this "3 year" commitment isn't going to go over well with this board

People don't want him off the team.

They just don't want to see his dumb azz 150 games a year.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.