*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,617 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been struggling to come up with the right word, but "meathead" hits the nail on the head. I felt bad for Josh during his speech. It was obvious he was extremely uncomfortable. Should have just gotten up and spoke off the cuff.

Anyway, good for Josh. It sounds like he's doing well and taking good care of his family.
bigcat22
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Anyway, good for Josh. It sounds like he's doing well and taking good care of his family.

Who woulda thought in 2019 that Josh Hamilton would be the more stable parent. Still can't figure out what his ex is thinking
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seriously. That said, you always have to keep an eye on the SO of an addict. Some are saints. Some have a codependent aspect at work and some real issues of their own.
Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Who woulda thought in 2019 that Josh Hamilton would be the more stable parent. Still can't figure out what his ex is thinking
She showed how immature she was during the Hamilton to the Angels fiasco.
DallasAg 94
Seven Costanza
AG
If someone meets a meth addict, wants to help them, and then falls in love with them during the course of their recovery, there's a pretty good possibility that person is crazy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL. In that case, let me know which other Ranger ex-wives are ****ing teenagers because she's far from the first rich diaper changing wife in Southlake, player wife or other wife.

What is more likely is there is an aspect to her personality that likes to be the rescuer and in control. There is an emotional need met that's fueled by the dysfunction of the other.
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
Searching for some good news I found this, it's something at least

bigcat22
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Seriously. That said, you always have to keep an eye on the SO of an addict. Some are saints. Some have a codependent aspect at work and some real issues of their own.
Your husband makes $20M/yr and everyone fawns all over him. Meanwhile you are home changing dirty diapers in pretentious and fake South Lake where everyone is likely telling you how lucky you are to be married to a guy who is out whoring on the town taking shots off the body of young, hot *****s and getting BJs in the bathroom of bars.

Kinda messes with a person.

My sister-in-law is friends with Josh's stepdaughter (Katie's oldest from her HS relationship), and this take is far from the truth...
DannyDuberstein
AG
Then name names. Back it up.

And we know about this one because she is doing an entire tv show about banging this dude, not because of a ranger hof induction. Yeah, totally common and expected behavior. Nothing to see here.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Then name names. Back it up.

And we know about this one because she is doing an entire tv show about banging this dude, not because of a ranger hof induction. Yeah, totally common and expected behavior. Nothing to see here.
I don't pretend to know about the wealthy lifestyle, but I'm inclined to agree with dallasag on this one.

Most of the women married to these type of guys are "trophy wives", the wives are always very pretty, but they probably have a superficial connection with their husbands at best. These couples typically don't fall in love and get married like regular people do.

The type of men these women are married too are typically very successful, very busy, and usually totally absorbed by their demanding / important jobs. The trophy wife, meanwhile, usually has all the free time in the world and their are many times where the husband is not able to fulfill her emotional needs.

So what happens? The trophy wife gets lonely. She can't just get into her car and hookup with some guy at a bar. People recognize her as " insert important person here's wife". She has to be discreet about it.

These types of households usually have a pool boy or a gardener. The pool boy or gardener is your typical hormone driven teenager or young male in his early 20's who will bang anything. He's right there at your house and nobody will have to know like if you went to bars around town to pick up guys. These women still have reputations to uphold.
TXAggie2011
AG
WTF is going on in here?
bigcat22
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

WTF is going on in here?

When the on field product sucks, we discuss off field drama.
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

WTF is going on in here?
Discussion about josh Hamilton and his ex wife who is hooking up with a teenager since he was the big story this weekend.
DallasAg 94
Danny Vermin
Would love to see the Twinkies beat the Assblows in the Playoffs.
alvtimes
but he missed it and struck out....... again!
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Well, now I guess I'm putting all my hopes on Aggie Football. What could possibly go wrong?
DallasAg 94
hawk1689
AG
It's way past time to dump Forsythe and give those AB's to Andy Ibanez.
MSFC Aggie
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Well, now I guess I'm putting all my hopes on Aggie Football. What could possibly go wrong?
We will still get September call-ups.

Also,

Frisco (AA) is fighting for the WC in the Texas League (South). Amarillo won the 1st half, so if they win the 2nd half (likely), I believe the next team up gets a WC spot.

Down East (A+) is up 2.5 G in the Carolina League (Southern). They won the 1st Half, so we have that... They are 15.0 Games up for the season.

Hickory (A) is 2.0 GB Delmarva in the South Atlantic League (North). Demarva won the 1st Half. I'm not sure if it is the same as the Carolina League, but if so... they could be the WC team.

Spokane (ShA) won the 1st half of the NW League (North). They are leading the 2nd half by 1.0 Games.

The positive here is, that we know Nashville was filled with players to shuffle to MLB, suppressing our talent down. This could affect September call-ups, but also present an opportunity for some of these guys to play in meaningful post-season games.

So......next year?
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
My frustration with Odor is he could be so much more by going back to a slap the ball to the infield / drag bunt / strain the defense kind of batter and base runner. Instead he is swinging from his heels every pitch.

I've come to the conclusion he must be doing exactly what the Rangers are asking him to do - try for a home run every at bat. There is probably some metric that shows that is the right gamble. But he's 2nd in the AL in Ks this year and he's just a better batter than that.

I agree his defense is good enough - he's the #4 fielding % 2B in the AL. They are paying him too much to do anything other than keep playing him anyway. What production you get is more than you'll get paying him to not play.
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

My frustration with Odor is he could be so much more by going back to a slap the ball to the infield / drag bunt / strain the defense kind of batter and base runner. Instead he is swinging from his heels every pitch.

I've come to the conclusion he must be doing exactly what the Rangers are asking him to do - try for a home run every at bat. There is probably some metric that shows that is the right gamble. But he's 2nd in the AL in Ks this year and he's just a better batter than that.

I agree his defense is good enough - he's the #4 fielding % 2B in the AL. They are paying him too much to do anything other than keep playing him anyway. What production you get is more than you'll get paying him to not play.
Take out his stats against the bottom feeders and he's contributed pretty much nothing this year at the plate. He feasts off double AA quality and triple AAA quality pitching. The only problem with that is we aren't likely to face pitchers of that caliber if we ever make it back to the postseason.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

wbt5845 said:

Take out his stats against the bottom feeders and he's contributed pretty much nothing this year at the plate. He feasts off double AA quality and triple AAA quality pitching. The only problem with that is we aren't likely to face pitchers of that caliber if we ever make it back to the postseason.
So, he gets special pitchers that the rest of the team doesn't face? I've never heard of singling out a hitter on a team, and then weighing him based on only taking out his good performances. Where do we find those statistics based on "Quality of Pitcher Faced?" I'm unaware of that category. It sounds petty and personal. If he hits a walk-off HR, and the Rangers win... I'm not real concerned with who the Pitcher was.
Evan grant even wrote an article about it several weeks ago. You could take out his stats against Kansas City and Seattle, then he would be hitting a meager .160 or .165
DallasAg 94
bigcat22
AG
Yikes...

PatAg
AG
All players and teams, in every sport, boost their stats against sublar competition. That's what they are supposed to do. My problem with Odor is with his approach and apparent unwillingness to change.
KT 90
AG
Yikes, I leave for a few days to help my kid move into his dorm and haven't had much time for the Rangers lately. Maybe that's a good thing since they are on a 4 game losing streak following the sweep by the Twins. And tonight we already game up a 5 spot in the first with 2 more so far in the 2nd. Ouch.

Looks like the best news down the stretch is we get to see some of the younger arms tomorrow and for the rest of the season. Burke and Palumbo both pitch tomorrow in the DH.

Quote:

Quote:

Burke first, then Palumbo
The Rangers have made it official: Rookie left-handers Brock Burke and Joe Palumbo will be called up from Triple-A Nashville to start against the Angels in a day-night doubleheader on Tuesday. Burke will pitch the first game, and Palumbo will go at night.
Brock will be making his Major League debut; Palumbo will be pitching for the fourth time. The Rangers are not planning for this to be a one-start shot for either pitcher. The Rangers want to get an extended look at both in the final six weeks of the season.
"I would be pretty much certain in saying Palumbo," manager Chris Woodward said. "He is going to take over that spot in the rotation. There is a chance Burke can hop in there, too. Palumbo, I think, definitely."
Brock could eventually take over for Ariel Jurado, who is still scheduled to pitch on Thursday against the White Sox. Jurado is 1-5 with a 7.71 ERA in his seven starts since the All-Star break.
"We'll look at things as we go," Woodward said. "Potentially, we could go six-man [rotation] in September. We've toyed with that idea. We have a lot of options. I would like to see Burke more than once."

Moxie
AG
Finally made it out to a game! Hopefully we can turn this one around.
Fenrir
bigcat22 said:

Yikes...

And yet our resident optimist is still is somehow convinced odor is "as good a 2b as there is".

His hot June/July wasn't even particularly good this year.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.