*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

469,037 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChipFTAC01 said:

The AL has won 19 of the last 22 All Star games. The Rangers two pennant seasons not being two of them drives me insane.
1 of them the rangers screwed up by promoting the heck out of it, bringing as many rangers as possible, then CJ Wilson gave up a huge home run to prince fielder which killed the AL in that game.
slop01
AG
Well the All Star break is here and we are 3 games back of the wild card. Does anyone still want the Rangers to be buyers?
Grapesoda2525
slop01 said:

Well the All Star break is here and we are 3 games back of the wild card. Does anyone still want the Rangers to be buyers?
As it gets closer,

I'm starting to lean towards selling. The hope was during this winning streak that 1 or 2 other teams would fade and we would keep it up through the all star break.

Neither of those things happened.

With that said, pence, minor, and Choo are very useful players and can really help a team out. The rangers should only trade if they receive good value. I'm not sending minor anywhere unless I've already talked to him about an extension and don't feel good about the odds or the price, and another team needs to give us at least 2 top 100 prospects to acquire him. I don't want to hear anyone in the media say that we got low balled.
Aggie_3
Let's see how this series with Houston goes first
Mr Gigem
AG
Gerrit Cole calling out MLB for tanking. That's so rich. He knows how his team got where they are today, right?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've generally considered them to be hypocrites so this is pretty much right in line with that.
Schall 02
AG
Sell what you can not named Minor. Tell Pence you'll resign him in the off season.

The name of the game should be winning a title. And this team shouldn't be bet on to beat NYY or LAD in 7.
KT 90
AG
Schall 02 said:

Sell what you can not named Minor. Tell Pence you'll resign him in the off season.

The name of the game should be winning a title. And this team shouldn't be bet on to beat NYY or LAD in 7.

Well, we either need to extend Minor or move him while his value is at its peak.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Everything is for sale....including everything inside the stadium
mavsfan4ever
AG
I want to sell. We have a very low shot at the wild card because our division is so much tougher than the other divisions. We don't have as many tanking teams in our division. The teams we are competing with have so many free wins that it will be extremely tough to beat them for a wild card spot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I definitely don't buy. And while I explore the market as a seller, I wait thru both Astros series and maybe even the A's series (ends 7/28) before pulling the trigger. But with Minor and Lynn under control in future years, I doubt they'll get an offer that I'd be interested in taking because I think those guys can be nice pieces here. It's gonna take a nice offer, but I'd definitely take calls.
Baby Billy
AG
Do teams really sell when they have a chance at making the playoffs anymore? All the guys are talking about having a chance. Almost zero chance JD sells. I'd imagine we'll stay put, knowing the chance is slim
DannyDuberstein
AG
Selling when you are in a legit race sends a really bad message to guys you expect to compete for you for years to come. That's why I wait for these next 2 weeks to play out. Give them the chance to show they are in the fight and can be to the end. If they don't, sell
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG

DannyDuberstein
AG
Call him up
Aggie_3
DannyDuberstein said:

Call him up

He is going to be at double A or triple A fairly quickly
wbt5845
AG
As was alluded earlier, either extend Minor or sell him.

For Lynn, this is not sustainable - sell him.

I've been all for sell mode all year long. Let's not lose focus of what this season is all about. We have identified some very good pieces of a future championship team so far this year - let's keep accumulating more.
Grapesoda2525
Sell only if we get good value.

I don't want to be disappointed with the return we get.
Baby Billy
AG
wbt5845
AG
So what would it take for y'all to let go on Minor

I say a AA-AAA pitcher who is MLB ready next year, one Top 100 MLB prospect and two young prospects. Thoughts?
hawk1689
AG
If anything, they need to move a left handed bat or two. This team has been too left handed for half a decade now.

Grape has it correct IMO. If they get a deal that they can't pass up, trade Minor and/or Lynn. If they don't, they'll have two quality starters under contract for next year with a whole host of young pitchers that may or may not step up and fill out the rotation. The core of the line-up is hitting their mid-twenties and it might be a good time to try to make a run over the next 2-3 years.
Baby Billy
AG
bigcat22
AG
Just came to post that, Katie Hamilton has lost her damn mind.

https://instagr.am/p/BzUIbqol6nU
DannyDuberstein
AG
She's been hitting the plastic surgery big-time. That stay in LA, as short as it was, was pretty impactful
Grapesoda2525
Will there be a sex tape?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Ooof
Aggie_3
Grapesoda2525 said:

Will there be a sex tape?

Hope so
Mr. White
Is a split series a good result?
Grapesoda2525
Mr. White said:

Is a split series a good result?
Probably not.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

Biiiiiiiig yikes
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Gallo just busted Ravich on the pregame.

Asked him "Joey Gallo's gonna bunt? When was the last time you bunted for a hit?"

"Literally the last game we played. Thanks for keeping up. Guess you were watching the Yankees. "
Baby Billy
AG
Was looking for video of the Gallo quote to Ravich, just found a lot of stuff like this instead
DannyDuberstein
AG
He just choked out the midget
Front Range Ag
AG
Alright, Lance has some room to work with.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.