*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,325 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
crazeyalex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello win column! Minor CG, 1 ER! Rangers season high 8 games over .500!
Mozart Paintings
AG
I went to the Cubs v Braves game last night. Before the game got lucky and Met the Braves Manager, Brian Snitker.

Told him I was a Rangers fan. He had great things to say about Woodward. His wife babysat Woodward's kid once. Said he is a hell of a baseball guy and will do really great things with the Rangers.

It was a cool experience.
gigem1223
Minor now has the best ERA in the AL and leads all AL pitchers in WAR by a wide margin, just behind Trout for all AL players.

Helluva season he's having
Aggie_3
gigem1223 said:

Minor now has the best ERA in the AL and leads all AL pitchers in WAR by a wide margin, just behind Trout for all AL players.

MLB network folks were talking about him as the CY Young winner if season ended today and this was last week.
gigem1223
Aggie_3 said:

gigem1223 said:

MLB network folks were talking about him as the CY Young winner if season ended today and this was last week.

CY Young....feels good to finally have a pitcher that's legitimately in the convo
Aggie_3
gigem1223 said:

Aggie_3 said:

gigem1223 said:

CY Young....feels good to finally have a pitcher that's legitimately in the convo

Now let's not **** this up and catch Houston

I'm over here in full on Angels in the outfield mode!!
Grapesoda2525
Danny Santana has homered for the 5th time in 7 games.

Dallasag, how do you like your crow served?
Baby Billy
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Pirates are beating the Astros pretty good, but sometimes it feels like even a 10 run lead isn't safe in that little juice box of a park.

We'll have a juice box of our own next year
Baby Billy
AG
Grapesoda2525
Huell Babineaux said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Pirates are beating the Astros pretty good, but sometimes it feels like even a 10 run lead isn't safe in that little juice box of a park.

We'll have a juice box of our own next year
Are we really copying those guys on the design or is that just something Houston people say?
TXAggie2011
AG
There's a whole lot of similarities. We're not copying them, I don't think, but plenty of similar design concepts and theories are coming through.

We decidedly didn't copy the real grass, though, so there's that.
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

There's a whole lot of similarities. We're not copying them, I don't think, but plenty of similar design concepts and theories are coming through.

I'll say it looks like we will gain on the Astros tonight.

Probably 4 games or less and the division is in striking distance.
Grapesoda2525
Haha haha

Astros are using a position player to pitch and he's given up 6 runs so far. Ugly ass game down there in Houston. I'll have to watch the highlights of that one later.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

There ain't that many similarities.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

Danny Santana has homered for the 5th time in 7 games.

Dallasag, how do you like your crow served?

I'm traveling with limited opportunity to post.

Tell me about this crow you think I need.

Your problem is that you have an unhealthy personal issue with Odor and take every opportunity to try and validate yourself.

I like Santana and has been rooting for his Ranger's success since his 1st game with the Rangers. I can root for BOTH Santana AND Odor to have success.
Mr Gigem
AG
Greetings from Barcelona!
hawk1689
AG
Sure is nice to read that box score and only see one pitcher listed.
Dallasag02
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

It just really isn't that similar. It's a baseball stadium, they all look kind of the same. If you pull up a pic of the juice box and a rendering of the new park, there are a million differences. The only similarity I see is the arches and the orientation of the roof (which there are only 2 options for that one). That's basically it.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Minor has two more starts before the ASG. If I am looking at the schedule right, he'll start the last game before the ASG. He probably won't be the AL starter but he should be.
DannyDuberstein
AG
grapesoda has an awful lot of angst for a fan of pot
Daveintx
Halfway through this season after today and the Rangers are playing over .500 ball... Who would have thought it to begin the year.....

Not only that, but it's been an all around fun team to watch.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
Early start today... 12:10

Grapesoda2525
Lineup looks awesome today.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Gallo is currently at 7th in the ASG voting for outfield. Springer and Brantey are 2nd and 3rd respectively. Go vote for Gallo if you haven't already.

Pence is in the lead for DH.
94chem
Mike Minor currently sits at 5.6 WAR at the halfway mark, putting him on pace for 11.2 WAR. In the history of baseball, there have been 109 10+ WAR seasons for pitchers. However, if we limit the discussion to the modern era, which I'll call after 1950, here's something interesting. Here's a list of the pitchers who have done it:

Dwight Gooden
Steve Carlton
Roger Clemens
Pedro Martinez
Wilbur Wood
Bob Gibson
Gaylord Perry
Randy Johnson
Sandy Kofax
Tom Seaver
Aaron Nola
Zach Greinke
Juan Marichal
Fergie Jenkins
Dick Ellsworth
Phil Niekro

All time single season pitcher WAR
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Would be great to get a road series sweep
MooreTrucker
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Minor has two more starts before the ASG. If I am looking at the schedule right, he'll start the last game before the ASG. He probably won't be the AL starter but he should be.
Sounds like their adjusting his schedule so he'll be able to pitch in the ASG. Like you said, probably not the stater, but he should be.
Legal Custodian
AG
Gallo! Hasn't skipped a beat
gigem1223
Tough break for Rougie there. Finally works a count and then takes a clear ball for strike 3.
Disco Stu
AG
Second bomb for Gallo
Legal Custodian
AG
Gallo again! 2-0 Rangers in the 4th
KT 90
AG
Gallo x 2

Aggie_3
Pirates up 2-0 in the 1st so far on Houston! Let's get this win and hope the pirates pour it on so we move to 4.5 games back
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.