*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,615 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Front Range Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was under the impression that the Rangers are getting exactly what they asked for in Mathis.

I don't think he was expected by anyone to bat higher than 9th or .200. I thought he was brought on because he's excellent in the clubhouse and because there wouldn't be anyone else better suited or willing to mentor IKF. I haven't seen the reports that you reference indicating his defense has been subpar, but I haven't looked for either.
Grapesoda2525
Good win tonight.

I think the game today was the only game in this series where we were at a big disadvantage in regard to the pitching matchups. I'd say we definitely have the advantage tomorrow with minor on the mound.
TDub
AG
KT 90 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

I am really liking the acquisition of Federowicz.

Makes you wonder if Mathis survives once IKF returns. I don't keep up with the defensive metrics, but I recall reading that he isn't doing well there and when you are hitting a buck fifty (or thereabouts) it gets hard to keep him around. Although he is signed for 2020, so that may factor in, but we can't dump Federowiz if he keep performing.

I forgot who posted it but a while back there was a post of pitcher's ERAs with IKF and Mathis behind the plate and IKF has the lower ERA
KT 90
AG
etxag18 said:

KT 90 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

I am really liking the acquisition of Federowicz.

Makes you wonder if Mathis survives once IKF returns. I don't keep up with the defensive metrics, but I recall reading that he isn't doing well there and when you are hitting a buck fifty (or thereabouts) it gets hard to keep him around. Although he is signed for 2020, so that may factor in, but we can't dump Federowiz if he keep performing.

I forgot who posted it but a while back there was a post of pitcher's ERAs with IKF and Mathis behind the plate and IKF has the lower ERA

That's likely one of them. I believe it also mentioned that he ranks really low in terms of throwing out base runners.

He wasnt expected to hit. But is known as a good farmer and game manager type. Supposed to be teaching IKF the ropes. But age may be catching up with him. That was the main jest of whatever article it was I read.

DallasAg 94
Missed the game.

Paul McCartney. EVERY BIT what I had hoped. Just getting home. He played for almost 3 hrs without a break, other than an encore.

Can't wait to see how tore up the field is.

Hou & Minn Win.

Tampa Wins
Yanks lose
Rangers Win.
BoSox Win
Cle Wins
Oak loses
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Missed the game.

Paul McCartney. EVERY BIT what I had hoped. Just getting home. He played for almost 3 hrs without a break, other than an encore.

Can't wait to see how tore up the field is.

Hou & Minn Win.

Tampa Wins
Yanks lose
Rangers Win.
BoSox Win
Cle Wins
Oak loses
Not a good day to gain ground. Lots of the big dogs are playing total scrubs right now.
hawk1689
AG
Any of you guys know a way to watch FSSW in Dallas without going through Dish/Spectrum/Frontier/AT&T? I'm fed up. I want to cut the cord, but I love my local sports.
aggieactor01
AG
hawk1689 said:

Any of you guys know a way to watch FSSW in Dallas without going through Dish/Spectrum/Frontier/AT&T? I'm fed up. I want to cut the cord, but I love my local sports.

I get fssw on Hulu in Austin. Assume it's the the same in Dallas.
bigcat22
AG
Hopefully he's starting to come out of his horrible slump...

_lefraud_
AG
hawk1689 said:

SlingTV
DallasAg 94
hawk1689 said:

We get it on YouTube TV.

We cut the cord about 1.5 years ago, and haven't looked back. Live sports is the main thing we watched...

We have Hulu... didn't know they have live TV. If aggieactor can tell me how to check, I can. I don't Hulu.

We get Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, NetFlix.and Hulu. We don't use all of those.

Now, I also have AT&T UVerse and TWC for Internet. I think we are going to dump AT&T. It is just terrible. I'm hoping Vz come out with 5G Hotspots in our area.
PatAg
AG
Not to derail the thread, but it's starting to become funny when people use the phrase cut the cord and then mention 4-5 subscription services. We're fast approaching the point where you don't save much money doing it
KT 90
AG
I noticed they shut Palumbo down after three shutout innings last night

hawk1689
AG
I get it. I'm already paying for a couple of those anyway though. It's more about the principle to me than anything. I've been dealing with deceptive trade practices and outright fraud from Spectrum and Frontier for about 4 years now.
DallasAg 94
PatAg said:

Not to derail the thread, but it's starting to become funny when people use the phrase cut the cord and then mention 4-5 subscription services. We're fast approaching the point where you don't save much money doing it
I was expecting that.

YouTube TV is what we've used to replace our "Cable TV." PrimeTV is free because my wife likes to shop on Amazon.

The others, NetFlix and Hulu have content we'd end up having to pay for anyway. Both of which I'm ready to "cut," next.
PatAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

PatAg said:

I was expecting that.

YouTube TV is what we've used to replace our "Cable TV." PrimeTV is free because my wife likes to shop on Amazon.

The others, NetFlix and Hulu have content we'd end up having to pay for anyway. Both of which I'm ready to "cut," next.
We're all in the same boat now.
Mr Gigem
AG
Why does Votto choke up on the bat so much? Why not just get a shorter bat?
bigcat22
AG
AccidentProne said:

Why does Votto choke up on the bat so much? Why not just get a shorter bat?

I've heard players say they do that because it essentially adds more barrel coverage through the zone and more control. If I remember correctly Bonds was big on choking up too
DallasAg 94
Rangers' TV Broadcast is indicating the Yankees just traded for Edwin Encarnacion (36-Sea)... Wow.

.241, 21 HRs. Owed $21M this year and a $20M/$5M buyout.team option.

$204M payroll, prior to trade. I wonder if they are giving up more prospects to reduce their cost?!

I also thought they needed pitching, more than O, although they need both, with all the injuries.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers' TV Broadcast is indicating the Yankees just traded for Edwin Encarnacion (36-Sea)... Wow.

.241, 21 HRs. Owed $21M this year and a $20M/$5M buyout.team option.

$204M payroll, prior to trade. I wonder if they are giving up more prospects to reduce their cost?!

I also thought they needed pitching, more than O, although they need both, with all the injuries.

And Judge and Stanton are both on rehab assignments and close to coming back. Lots of power.

Danny Vermin
Nice series win so far but a sweep sounds good to me.
AgBQ-00
AG
Will this be our first winning road trip of the year
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG

DallasAg 94
Looks like Noah Syndergaard can be eliminated from consideration. Possible hammy.

MooreTrucker
AG
I don't have a gif or anything but during the late inning DP when Elvis got the ball, stepped on second, and threw to first, Odor was mimicking his every move.
Grapesoda2525
First overall winning road trip of the year?

We're 4-2 and worst we can do is 4-3. It's disappointing that nobody is losing around us. Houston, Cleveland, Red Sox, and A's all win.

They're all playing minor league quality teams tho.
DallasAg 94
MooreTrucker said:

I don't have a gif or anything but during the late inning DP when Elvis got the ball, stepped on second, and threw to first, Odor was mimicking his every move.

They actually do that quite a bit. I don't know if it came about mimicking Elvis and Beltre interactions, but Odor does that frequently. Some of that stuff, like watching Beltre push Andrus away from him, while trying to catch a pop fly, is a little scary.

Odor acts like a mini-me Elvis, but a little more brash and aggressive.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

We're 4-2 and worst we can do is 4-3. It's disappointing that nobody is losing around us. Houston, Cleveland, Red Sox, and A's all win.

Cincy isn't much better, so there is that...
DallasAg 94
A comment about the Yanks picking up Edwin E... they have a ton of injuries... Judge, Giancarlos Stanton, Tulo, Morales... and pick up Edwin...

To me, that is the kind of move that tells Tampa and Boston... the Rangers, that you should reconsider where your team is, for a playoff run.

It was the kind of move I was hoping the Rangers would make, but for a pitcher.

Does Boston have enough to beat them?
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Cincy isn't terrible. They have a positive run differential and good pitching numbers.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

A comment about the Yanks picking up Edwin E... they have a ton of injuries... Judge, Giancarlos Stanton, Tulo, Morales... and pick up Edwin...

To me, that is the kind of move that tells Tampa and Boston... the Rangers, that you should reconsider where your team is, for a playoff run.

I would've liked getting encarnacion. The condor really hasn't been hitting.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Cincy isn't terrible. They have a positive run differential and good pitching numbers.
There is one (1) team in the NL with a lower winning percentage.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Any player we get has to be a SP. If we don't like what Guzman is doing, we can plug in a number of players on the roster, once Gallo returns... and Calhoun...

And if that SP doesn't help us win the WC, it won't matter anyway.

NYY have sent the message to Tampa and Boston that the NYY are the ones to catch for the Div, and they'll fight it out for the WC spots.

The Rangers already know their place... now they know more specifically who they are chasing.

I felt Tampa had the edge on the NYY, with all the injuries the NYY have. So beating either the NYY or BoSox for a WC spot seemed relatively straight forward. The NYY helped us, because now they will have an edge over the BoSox and Tampa on H2H meetings.

NYY plays before the ASB:
3 v Tampa (June 16)
4 v Houston (June 20)
2 @ Boston (June 29)
4 @ Tampa (July 4)
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Any player we get has to be a SP. If we don't like what Guzman is doing, we can plug in a number of players on the roster, once Gallo returns... and Calhoun...

And if that SP doesn't help us win the WC, it won't matter anyway.

NYY have sent the message to Tampa and Boston that the NYY are the ones to catch for the Div, and they'll fight it out for the WC spots.

The Rangers already know their place... now they know more specifically who they are chasing.

I felt Tampa had the edge on the NYY, with all the injuries the NYY have. So beating either the NYY or BoSox for a WC spot seemed relatively straight forward. The NYY helped us, because now they will have an edge over the BoSox and Tampa on H2H meetings.

NYY plays before the ASB:
3 v Tampa (June 16)
4 v Houston (June 20)
2 @ Boston (June 29)
4 @ Tampa (July 4)

I'm rooting for New York to win the AL East anyway. Going to Yankee stadium with that lineup in a winner take all wild card game seems like a death sentence. Our best chance would probably be Tampa bay and hope our bats are hot that day. The angels have played them well this weekend, so it's possible.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.