*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,940 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corporal Punishment
AG
Lynn looks good tonight through 1 inning.
Grapesoda2525
Long way to go. Would like to win at least 1 down here, ecstatic to get 2.
wbt5845
AG
I hate Odor
aggietony2010
AG
wbt5845 said:

I hate Odor

Swings at ball 4 and then pops up a meatball.
Mr Gigem
AG
Odor ****ing sucks and needs to be released. He is so terrible and don't try to convince me that he'll be the best 2nd baseman the Rangers have ever seen. I'd rather have Ian Kinsler
bigcat22
AG
Why didn't we resign Chironos again... I mean he wanted to stay here
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

I hate Odor
That's the problem with him. He gets himself out way too much. The pitchers already get him out more than enough as it is.

What I mean by getting himself out is when pitchers throw him bad pitches, he chases and strikes out instead of taking ball 4.

He's a meathead.
Baby Billy
AG
Yeah, I say it every year. He's just not a smart guy. It shows in his play.

He's got talent, or he wouldn't have gotten this far. Anyone with a peanut for a brain could learn how to make a few adjustments and hit around .200
Grapesoda2525
Huell Babineaux said:

Yeah, I say it every year. He's just not a smart guy. It shows in his play.

He's got talent, or he wouldn't have gotten this far. Anyone with a peanut for a brain could learn how to make a few adjustments and hit around .200
Another game with no hits and I think he'll be under .130

At what point do we become too embarrassed to put him in the lineup?
Baby Billy
AG
He shouldn't be allowed to figure it out in the big leagues, day in and day out, and be a detriment to the club every single night. Makes no sense.

Send him to the minors for the summer
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

wbt5845 said:

I hate Odor
That's the problem with him. He gets himself out way too much. The pitchers already get him out more than enough as it is.

What I mean by getting himself out is when pitchers throw him bad pitches, he chases and strikes out instead of taking ball 4.

He's a meathead.
When my son was pitching in high school, there were guys like Odor where he'd say "yeah the dude can hit it a mile - but I only gotta throw him one strike in an at bat to get him out." Pitchers love batter who are so willing to help them out.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Looks like Jesse Chavez in the "opener" role tonight. The game will probably be over by the sixth Astros batter. No need to watch tonight.
Baby Billy
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Looks like Jesse Chavez in the "opener" role tonight. The game will probably be over by the sixth Astros batter. No need to watch tonight.

It's embarrassing that guy is getting paid by us to pitch
bigcat22
AG
I don't have a good feeling about this "opener" idea tonight...

DannyDuberstein
AG
I wouldn't trust Chavez to open a ****ing donut shop, much less a MLB game.
Grapesoda2525
Huell Babineaux said:

He shouldn't be allowed to figure it out in the big leagues, day in and day out, and be a detriment to the club every single night. Makes no sense.

Send him to the minors for the summer
He punched Bautista and JD gave him a big contract. The contract wasn't because of his play on the field, it was probably because all of the little kids love him and he can sell jerseys. He was never going down to the minors because our old manager was an idiot and Roogie was his favorite player.

The contract is a huge mistake and they keep making it worse by running him out there to perform like a double A or single A player would.
94chem
AccidentProne said:

Odor ****ing sucks and needs to be released. He is so terrible and don't try to convince me that he'll be the best 2nd baseman the Rangers have ever seen. I'd rather have Ian Kinsler

When my son and I watch the game, whenever Odor gets in a 3-1 count, we know it's a guaranteed swing on the next pitch.
Grapesoda2525
How many strikeouts for odor tonight?

I'd say 2
wbt5845
AG
Odor is owed $33 MM over the next three seasons AFTER this season. So the Rangers have to try and find a way to make him work.

And the talent is there - he's hit well before. He's just playing dumb right now and trying to hit a home run every at bat. And pitchers are doing everything they can to NOT laugh at him as he helps them out time and again.

I would send him down. Make up some injury he's trying to work through to save his pride if you have to - but he's being embarrassed every day right now.

I'd start by getting a batting helmet that fit. I'd then make him wear his uniform correctly. I'd then make him back into a slap ball / bunt / find a way onto first base kinda guy which is what he used to be.

He can be a decent 2B doing that and be worth $11 MM a year doing that. But he's gotta start by learning how to force pit hers to throw him strikes.
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Odor is owed $33 MM over the next three seasons AFTER this season. So the Rangers have to try and find a way to make him work.

And the talent is there - he's hit well before. He's just playing dumb right now and trying to hit a home run every at bat. And pitchers are doing everything they can to NOT laugh at him as he helps them out time and again.

I would send him down. Make up some injury he's trying to work through to save his pride if you have to - but he's being embarrassed every day right now.

I'd start by getting a batting helmet that fit. I'd then make him wear his uniform correctly. I'd then make him back into a slap ball / bunt / find a way onto first base kinda guy which is what he used to be.

He can be a decent 2B doing that and be worth $11 MM a year doing that. But he's gotta start by learning how to force pit hers to throw him strikes.
His stats have gotta be the worst for any "regular" in MLB this year.
bigcat22
AG
Pence doing Pence things
Front Range Ag
AG
At least he made Cole throw 7 pitches for that first strikeout. At this point I expect him to strike out every at bat.

But, I guess I'll consider it a small win if he can manage to see more than 3 or 4 pitches in the process.
Grapesoda2525
Doorbell said:

At least he made Cole throw 7 pitches for that first strikeout. At this point I expect him to strike out every at bat.

But, I guess I'll consider it a small win if he can manage to see more than 3 or 4 pitches in the process.
He did better than Choo and Mathis last inning. I'll give him that, but it's not saying much.

Thank god for hunter pence tho.
KT 90
AG
So the guess the opener worked tonight. Three up three down earlier for Chavez.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

So the guess the opener worked tonight. Three up three down earlier for Chavez.
From what I've seen so far, they should do it for the next few smyly starts.
bigcat22
AG
My gosh Cole already has 9 k's through 4 innings. Let's make the defense work a little bit...
Grapesoda2525
Another whiff for big stench.
Front Range Ag
AG
He's even whiffing on throws from his own pitchers now.

What a joy he is to watch.
Grapesoda2525
Doorbell said:

He's even whiffing on throws from his own pitchers now.

What a joy he is to watch.
This is bull*****

Smyly is pitching his ass off and holding down a tough lineup in their ballpark. The other pitcher is pitching out of his mind with over 10Ks already and we're probably going to lose this game because some idiot at 2nd base can't catch the ball.

The lineup has looked worse since Odor got back and now he's gotta kill us with the glove too.

Watching Odor play baseball makes me miss Ian Kinsler.
bigcat22
AG
Unfortunately, I don't think Evan is wrong here. Odor needs to figure it out, and figure it out quickly.

Grapesoda2525
bigcat22 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think Evan is wrong here. Odor needs to figure it out, and figure it out quickly.

Odor sucks and I don't think he will figure it out. The rangers have given him special treatment and polished that turd every chance they get, but I just don't see it. He's a bonehead.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He needs to go to AAA. Being lost is doing his development no favors.
bigcat22
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He needs to go to AAA. Being lost is doing his development no favors.

Don't disagree, but according to Evan, the front office believes in him...

Grapesoda2525
We just need to get out of Houston ASAP

Nothing going right for us except for hunter pence.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.