*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,091 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Michael Cera Palin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Raymond and Nitkowski were way too excited for that chance to mention Peacock was on his 69th pitch of his 69th start
powerbelly
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

belief that the new ballpark should have a max capacity of 35,000.
Mr Gigem
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Cold and a school night. Comes with the territory in weekday games. Dropping from the current 49k to the planned 41k should be about right.

Buford T. Justice
AG
What's your point?
I am not a troll. I've been watching the Rangers since '86. That is a realistic statement. It's not a ding on the Rangers. Just the way that life is going in 2019. My point being, I thought that a series this early in the season would draw a larger crowd.
powerbelly
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

What's your point?
I am not a troll. I've been watching the Rangers since '86. That is a realistic statement. It's not a ding on the Rangers. Just the way that life is going in 2019. My point being, I thought that a series this early in the season would draw a larger crowd.
My point is that 32-35k would have been the perfect size for the new ballpark
Mr Gigem
AG
Wtf Andrus. Already need a break?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I know this has been beat to death regarding the new park, but my question is whether the roof would be open on a day like yesterday. Predicted high temp of 61* but was pretty chilly until just before game time and got cool again about the 8th inning. From about 2:30 until 6:00, the weather was perfect.

What about a night like tonight? What is the temp range going to be to have the roof open? I'm going to miss outdoor baseball.
Buford T. Justice
AG
You're a smart man.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They averaged more than 35k in nearly a third of the seasons in this ballpark. Cutting it that far ends up leaving some dough on the table and also hurts marketing your team because it makes it tougher to get families and lower income folks to games. This change will take them from #5 to #22 in capacity as it is.
Mr Gigem
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I know this has been beat to death regarding the new park, but my question is whether the roof would be open on a day like yesterday. Predicted high temp of 61* but was pretty chilly until just before game time and got cool again about the 8th inning. From about 2:30 until 6:00, the weather was perfect.

What about a night like tonight? What is the temp range going to be to have the roof open? I'm going to miss outdoor baseball.

Still TBD at this point. I would guess between 85-90 degrees would get the roof closed. Now idea what the low temp would have to be to close it
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Thanks AP. Used the Texags discount yesterday and will use again. Planning to go to a game a month this year.

Mr. White
I haven't kept up with Sadczek much. Wasn't he highly regarded at one point?
DallasAg 94
Mr. White said:

I haven't kept up with Sadczek much. Wasn't he highly regarded at one point?
Yes.

He was a pitcher I've tracked over the past. I think they grew concern he wasn't going to make it to the MLB rotation soon enough. So, I think it was mid-2017, they moved him to the BP, hoping he could make it as a RP.

I was surprised they optioned him. Picked up Dowdy and Bird... then, with everyone else... really surprised. Especially if we are in rebuild mode.

The fact they've now optioned Bird...Just seems weird. Put Sadzeck as another failed Rangers pitching prospect to come up through the organization only to go elsewhere. We'll see how he does.
TXAggie2011
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

They averaged more than 35k in nearly a third of the seasons in this ballpark. Cutting it that far ends up leaving some dough on the table and also hurts marketing your team because it makes it tougher to get families and lower income folks to games. This change will take them from #5 to #22 in capacity as it is.
Not to add to the list of annoyances with this whole thing, but the decision to cut capacity nearly 20% while selling the new ballpark as the ticket to increased attendance was, uh...interesting
Chipotlemonger
AG
You're forgetting to include non-baseball attendance as part of it
DallasAg 94
Yeah, but now we get to focus on the "Elite Fans," like some of the other teams do.

MLB complains about attracting young fans and trying to speed up the game, to be more like basketball and hockey. That is what all of the changes have been over the past few years.

Moving your fan base from families and people passionate about baseball, to corporate seats, you are eliminating your future fans. That is the real problem.

Eliminate a bunch of seats, drive price up... and you will get even fewer kids to the games... they won't fall in love with the sport... and you are seeing now, how little interest kids have.

It is probably a good thing the Rangers are decreasing the seating capacity, because in 10 years... their attendance will be smaller because they have failed to attract kids... and they'll have screwed the game up so much, tinkering with rules, that passionate fans will refuse to adapt.
DallasAg 94

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Where are all my peeps?
powerbelly
AG
Watching aggie baseball.
DallasAg 94
I'm a 2%'er.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Aggies playing tu, and Stars on the verge of clinching a playoff spot. Rangers are on the bottom of sports priorities tonight
powerbelly
AG
Two walks for gallo
DallasAg 94
Shelbyville: $2M
Ver-land-er: $20M (Cost to Astros)
DallasAg 94
Choo on the move...
DallasAg 94

powerbelly
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

This cracks me up every time.
powerbelly
AG
Aggies win.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good insight from CJ. Balked on dang near every pitch in that AB, especially strike 3
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Where are all my peeps?

Baseball practice. Then finished the Aggie game once we got home. Now Rangers.

And +#@&& it's tied now, 4-4
KT 90
AG
Chavez doesn't seem to have it this year. So far anyway.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blue needs to stay in his lane. Allows a 25 minute conference at the mound and then *****es about Maz stepping out.
gigem1223
Gallo continuing to come up big late in games
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Liking Gallos clutch hitting.
bigcat22
AG
Big hit by Gallo, but I was right in hearing that he does not have a sac fly in the majors yet. How is that possible
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.