*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

466,924 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

I understand why the Rangers are opting for then new park, I'm simply stating that TBinA was a wonderful ballpark and the roof on the new park is going to closed far more you guys are expecting.
The more the better. Fans should never have to worry about the heat when watching a game that they pay good money to see.
In general baseball outdoors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> baseball indoors.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Gonna be paying a lot more good money to see a game in the new place.

I'm curious to see what happens with the season ticketholder fan base. Lots of local Joe fans have kept the attendance supported through thick and thin to where even the rebuild projects like the last couple of years basically draw MLB average, but I sense it's about to price a chunk of those fans out.
bigcat22
AG
Surprised JD didn't have the snow monkeys ambush him on his way to the mound.

94chem
I'm too busy missing Arlington Stadium to shed a tear for TBIA.
wbt5845
AG
Rangers front office staff pregame, so Accident Prone is in here somewhere.

wbt5845
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I'm curious to see what happens with the season ticketholder fan base. Lots of local Joe fans have kept the attendance supported through thick and thin to where even the rebuild projects like the last couple of years basically draw MLB average, but I sense it's about to price a chunk of those fans out.
My season tickets, similar location, went from $26 per seat per game to $32 per game.

The one thing I have yet to see is the increase in parking costs. I'm guessing we'll get hit pretty hard there.
Mr Gigem
AG
I was actually in the outfield leading the season ticket holder parade for our QCC members
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

My season tickets, similar location, went from $26 per seat per game to $32 per game.

The one thing I have yet to see is the increase in parking costs. I'm guessing we'll get hit pretty hard there.
May have some good news for you soon
wbt5845
AG
AccidentProne said:

wbt5845 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

May have some good news for you soon

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
South Platte
jkag89 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jkag89 said:

I understand why the Rangers are opting for then new park, I'm simply stating that TBinA was a wonderful ballpark and the roof on the new park is going to closed far more you guys are expecting.
The more the better. Fans should never have to worry about the heat when watching a game that they pay good money to see.
In general baseball outdoors>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> baseball indoors.
I'm going to have to get over this indoors nonsense. I imagine going to an indoors baseball game will be like going to a swimming meet. I can only hope there is no whistle or electronic buzzer to give me a migraine.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
I've been to games at MMP.and Skydome. They're fine. All the people you see boo hooing on TV haven't been out there sweltering in 100 degree heat.
Mr Gigem
AG
Sunday was pretty bad
TDub
AG
AccidentProne said:

I was actually in the outfield leading the season ticket holder parade for our QCC members

Y'all hiring?
Mr Gigem
AG
etxag18 said:

AccidentProne said:

Y'all hiring?

For what position?
toucan82
2nd base?
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94
South Platte
wbt5845 said:

I've been to games at MMP.and Skydome. They're fine. All the people you see boo hooing on TV haven't been out there sweltering in 100 degree heat.
The Sunday (or travel day) afternoon games I get it. I hope those are the primary days its closed.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

wbt5845 said:

The Sunday (or travel day) afternoon games I get it. I hope those are the primary days its closed.
It will probably be closed 150+ games a season.
TDub
AG
Just about anything. Graduated in May and took a job I don't enjoy because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do
Mr Gigem
AG
Email me. jchance@texasrangers.com
DallasAg 94
J.P. 03
AG
Forgive me if I missed it, but have we discussed Clint Hurdle getting fired yet? I know it happens to every manager eventually, but he was a guy a lot of people on this board (myself included) wished the Rangers could have hired when we had the chance back in the day.

(Totally content w/ Woody for the time being, so don't worry, this isn't one of those posts)
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

That's a bit disingenuous... That includes Kinsler ages 26-29. Four years (80%) for which Odor has yet to play. Half of those 6 years for Kinsler are considered the prime years for a baseball player. Odor has yet to get to his prime. In fact, still has one more year.

Age 20-25 Statistics:
Odor: 820 G, 6.4 WAR, 136 HRs, 428 RBI, 414 R, 62 SB, .240 BA
Kinsler: 250 G, 6.0 WAR, 34 HR, 116 RBI, 161 R, 34 SB, .274 BA

When Kinsler was 20. He was playing at Mizzou
When Kinsler was 21. He was playing in Spokane (A-)
When Kinsler was 22. He split the season in Clinton (A) and Frisco (AA)
When Kinsler was 23. He was playing in AAA.

During the time Kinsler was playing in the minors... Odor had 546G in MLB, hit 88 HRs, batted .247, with 23 Triples, 272 RBIs and 261 Runs.

Now, if Kinsler was that great... he'd have been playing in MLB, like Odor. Let's see what Odor does his next 4 years, when he likely hits another 120 HR, reaching 256 HRs. That would put Odor 9th in Career HRs by a 2B.
There's really no comparison.

Kinsler is the best rangers second basemen of this century. Just like Hamilton is our best outfielder. Not even close.
vette
AG
Anthony Rendon offered $30M/year for 7 years. Rangers can kiss that thought goodbye. No way Rangers offer that kind of money.
DallasAg 94
South Platte
Good lord we have a ton of garbage on that list, especially in the OF. For the love of God please let us develop some farm talent. Solak and Calhoun appear to have a chance to be good, but we saw that with Mazara, Guzman, and Odor and they stopped improving.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011
AG
You're spilling a lot of ink trying to compare different paths and journeys. But there's no reason, natural ability notwithstanding, why Rougned Odor's development should be behind any other 25 year old's. He's had 9 years of professional instruction in the United States and been given as long a leash as anyone.
TXAggie2011
AG
J.P. 03 said:

Forgive me if I missed it, but have we discussed Clint Hurdle getting fired yet? I know it happens to every manager eventually, but he was a guy a lot of people on this board (myself included) wished the Rangers could have hired when we had the chance back in the day.

(Totally content w/ Woody for the time being, so don't worry, this isn't one of those posts)
He had a good run but the list of managers who left a job by their own choice is pretty short. (sans retirement)
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

You're spilling a lot of ink trying to compare different paths and journeys. But there's no reason, natural ability notwithstanding, why Rougned Odor's development should be behind any other 25 year old's. He's had 9 years of professional instruction in the United States and been given as long a leash as anyone.
He seems like one of those happy go lucky fans who loves every player we run out there no matter what.
TXAggie2011
AG
wbt5845 said:

"Fine" is a good term for it. The acoustics are definitely different than outdoors, regarding the swim meet comment. Luckily, no chlorine smell.

The problem I have is that I've been to some games in some places on what I think are perfectly lovely days and evenings and the roof still stays shut. I've had the same thought going to some games at Jerry World.

Like, I think Houston's evening rule is the roof is closed if the heat index at first pitch is 88. I'm sorry if you live in Texas and don't enjoy that, and by the 3rd inning its about 80 degrees and perfect.

Its less the existence of a retractable roof, but the tight standards for opening it that bug me.
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

wbt5845 said:

"Fine" is a good term for it. The acoustics are definitely different than outdoors, regarding the swim meet comment. Luckily, no chlorine smell.

The problem I have is that I've been to some games in some places on what I think are perfectly lovely days and evenings and the roof still stays shut. I've had the same thought going to some games at Jerry World.

Like, I think Houston's evening rule is the roof is closed if the heat index at first pitch is 88. I'm sorry if you live in Texas and don't enjoy that, and by the 3rd inning its about 80 degrees and perfect.

Its less the existence of a retractable roof, but the tight standards for opening it that bug me.
The league doesn't want teams to try and use the roof to their advantage. I'm inclined to agree with them on that one. Do you like the thought of a series where the weather is exactly the same for 3 days, but we open the roof on the last game because the opposing pitcher is undefeated in domes?

The purpose of having a roof should be about the weather and that's it.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.