***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,877,307 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
k20dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look at the time stamp of this tweet. Foreshadowing

Texaggie7nine
Ag_07 said:

It's the weekday afternoon games that don't make any sense to me.

Especially once it is in the Championship series. How many eyes are they losing by having the game at 3 rather than after most people get off work?
7nine
Big Al 1992
AG
So why could they review Brantley swinging, missing, dead ball, runner can't advance during the Rays series but could not review the non-foul tip by Sanchez???
The Milkman
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

So why could they review Brantley swinging, missing, dead ball, runner can't advance during the Rays series but could not review the non-foul tip by Sanchez???
Probably because by calling a foul ball it killed the play when it was live, whereas vs the Rays they essentially let it play out and then moved him back.
Texaggie7nine
Big Al 1992 said:

That's correctable because the call at the plate doesn't change the outcome. With a foul tip called on a 3rd strike, the runner is denied the chance to run to 1st. Had the umpire not called the tip, the ball did get away a little, and there was a small chance Chirinos messed up the throw.
7nine
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Beechcraft AG 91 said:

Still up and amped! Two kids at ATM and my youngest daughter at home so she has been my tag along to all these wonderful playoff games from 2017 on.

So blessed to share great Astros baseball moments in history with my 17 yr old baby

Go stros!

I'm so jealous of this. My kids are 1 and 4 and have no idea how lucky they are to even be alive during this few year run of Stros baseball...
JDUB08AG
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Big Al 1992 said:

That's correctable because the call at the plate doesn't change the outcome. With a foul tip called on a 3rd strike, the runner is denied the chance to run to 1st. Had the umpire not called the tip, the ball did get away a little, and there was a small chance Chirinos messed up the throw.

Wasn't there a runner on first? Doesn't that eliminate the chance to take 1st on a dropped 3rd strike?
Ag_07
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Because he knew he f-ed up and told AJ "Don't worry I know I'm wrong. I'll make up for next pitch"
crowman2010
AG
Only if there's less than 2 outs
Cromagnum
AG
Such a good series of events from makeup call on Dirty Sanchez to him still running his mouth to blue. Followed immediately by the Correa smash. **** the Yankees.
YellAg2004
AG
WelchAg said:

Wasn't there a runner on first? Doesn't that eliminate the chance to take 1st on a dropped 3rd strike?
Not when there's 2 outs. With 2 outs, even if first base is occupied, you can run.
Mathguy64
AG
Blue did the right thing. That's all that matters. Sanchez should have taken it like a man instead of a wuss. That whole team is built around Boone complaining to umpires and getting tossed.
Ajollyag
I apolgize for not knowing this, havent been able to watch many astro games since i live in bcs and dont have directv.

Is urquidy a ground ball pitcher? I know it sounds silly with how great he has been for us, but i am a little nervous throwing verlander out in yankee stadium with that short right field there. Any flyball could go out of stadium.
aTm2004
AG
mathguy86 said:

Blue did the right thing. That's all that matters. Sanche should have taken it like a man instead of a wuss. That whole team is built around Boone complaining to umpires and getting tossed.
Yep. Watched the highlights this morning and he knew he got another shot after he got saved, so he should have known anything close to the zone was going to be called. Blue knew he messed up as well and had a great pitch after to call strike 3.
Ag12thman
AG
Beechcraft AG 91 said:

Still up and amped! Two kids at ATM and my youngest daughter at home so she has been my tag along to all these wonderful playoff games from 2017 on.

So blessed to share great Astros baseball moments in history with my 17 yr old baby

Go stros!
I could not sleep after that. Awesome game.
bearkatag15
AG
ajolly said:

I apolgize for not knowing this, havent been able to watch many astro games since i live in bcs and dont have directv.

Is urquidy a ground ball pitcher? I know it sounds silly with how great he has been for us, but i am a little nervous throwing verlander out in yankee stadium with that short right field there. Any flyball could go out of stadium.
Verlander won't pitch in Yankee Stadium. He will pitch in Game 6 at MMP.
WES2006AG
AG
Did AJ have anything to say postgame about what the ump told him after he blew that swinging third strike call on Sanchez?
Cloud
ajolly said:

Verlander won't be pitching at yankee stadium. Verlander game 6 and Cole game 7 if it comes to that.

But if he was slated to pitch in NY, of course we would want him to. He's Justin Verlander.
Philip J Fry
AG
bearkatag15 said:

ajolly said:

Verlander won't pitch in Yankee Stadium. He will pitch in Game 6 at MMP.

If Cole loses game 3 and we have a game 4 rainout and subsequently lose it, JV is most certainly pitching game 5.
bearkatag15
AG
True. Ideally that won't happen. But yes that is a very real possibility.
Farmer1906
AG
ajolly said:

Urquidy batted Ball and K/BB info.

18.1 % LD
37.1 % GB
44.8 % FB

24.0 % K
4.2 % BB

Avg of AL Playoff Teams

21.5% LD
41.3% GB
37.2% FB

21.4% K
9.1% BB
tjack16
AG
Any idea when World Series presale emails go out? I remember it being around this time last year right about game 2-3
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
Some of you sound so certain when talking about the pitching rotation but to me it all depends on how the series shakes out.

If we happen to win the next 2 and GM 5 rolls around with a chance to end it in NY I'd bet quite a bit that JV is out there for GM 5.

Hell if we lose the next 2 and are faced with a win or go home GM 5 then I dam well hope JV is out there. Yankee Stadium or not I want him on the bump in that situation.

Just all depends on how things shake out and to speak with any certainty is a bit premature.
Farmer1906
AG
I'd prefer to have him in game 6 at home and not at Yankee.

ZG is good enough to give us a shot to win. It's going to be about the offense more so than pitching in my opinion.
bobinator
AG
Work today is a grind after that late night drive back to CS, but worth it!
tjack16
AG
We have to accept that the Yankees will score runs in the Bronx. I'm hopeful Cole can stay dominant ... but it'll be hard to win games scoring 3 runs at Yankee stadium.

We got outscored 9-3 in the first two games and are very fortunate to be 1-1 right now
jetch17
AG
Farmer1906 said:

F those guys
KC_Ag14
AG
The video of Ford was great, but if any of you can find just the audio call and post it... you're the real MVP. Hearing it on the radio this morning gave me chills. Need to hear it again!
gambochaman
AG
agree with the fact that the rest of this series is going to about the offense's ability to wake the eff up. We have got to put up some better at bats, particularly with RISP.

the bottom of the order was so good during the season, and has been a black hole most of the post season...need those guys to produce
astros4545
AG
tjholley16 said:

We have to accept that the Yankees will score runs in the Bronx. I'm hopeful Cole can stay dominant ... but it'll be hard to win games scoring 3 runs at Yankee stadium.

We got outscored 9-3 in the first two games and are very fortunate to be 1-1 right now

Nonsense

Who cares about the aggregate
tjack16
AG
gambochaman said:

agree with the fact that the rest of this series is going to about the offense's ability to wake the eff up. We have got to put up some better at bats, particularly with RISP.

the bottom of the order was so good during the season, and has been a black hole most of the post season...need those guys to produce

Yep. 8-9 has been an issue all postseason. And it's made worse by Springer and Brantley struggling in the 1-2 hole. I want Springer to stay at leadoff (probably the rest of his entire Astros tenure) but I'd be okay with moving Brantley down.
k20dub
AG
bobinator
AG
I think the Yankees pitching is going to fall apart after game three. The day off is going to let them keep throwing out like 17 pitchers a game, but after that we're going to score some runs.

We win game 3, we're going to win this thing in 5 or 6.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Ag_07 said:

Some of you sound so certain when talking about the pitching rotation but to me it all depends on how the series shakes out.

If we happen to win the next 2 and GM 5 rolls around with a chance to end it in NY I'd bet quite a bit that JV is out there for GM 5.

Hell if we lose the next 2 and are faced with a win or go home GM 5 then I dam well hope JV is out there. Yankee Stadium or not I want him on the bump in that situation.

Just all depends on how things shake out and to speak with any certainty is a bit premature.

Potential rainout on Wednesday really makes things interesting IMO...
First Page Last Page
Page 1446 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.