***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,775,859 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by PSully97
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

We got over 30 games left. I'd relax on living and dying by their outcomes
I'm paying attention to the Yankees, not sure that constitutes living and dying. Look at the Astros home vs road record and you realize home field advantage is a big deal. One game might be the difference and games now count as much as they do at the end of September.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

We got over 30 games left. I'd relax on living and dying by their outcomes
I'm paying attention to the Yankees, not sure that constitutes living and dying. Look at the Astros home vs road record and you realize home field advantage is a big deal. One game might be the difference and games now count as much as they do at the end of September.


Username checks out
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also the Yankees haven't lost a series at home since April.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the Astros take care of business at MM in any potential postseason series against the Yankees, they do not need to win a series at Yankee Stadium, just a game or maybe two.

The 'Stros did not loose the ALCS last season because the BoSox had home field advantage, they split the two games at Fenway but got swept at home.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally figured out what these players weekend uniforms remind me of...


MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89 said:

If the Astros take care of business at MM in any potential postseason series against the Yankees, they do not need to win a series at Yankee Stadium, just a game or maybe two.

The 'Stros did not loose the ALCS last season because the BoSox had home field advantage, they split the two games at Fenway but got swept at home.
Why can't grownups spell "lose" right? Don't we learn how to spell that in first grade?
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

jkag89 said:

If the Astros take care of business at MM in any potential postseason series against the Yankees, they do not need to win a series at Yankee Stadium, just a game or maybe two.

The 'Stros did not loose the ALCS last season because the BoSox had home field advantage, they split the two games at Fenway but got swept at home.
Why can't grownups spell "lose" right? Don't we learn how to spell that in first grade?


Not everyone is as privileged as you.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

Finally figured out what these players weekend uniforms remind me of...




Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know I'm in the minority, but I think the white uniforms with the silver trim is fresh!

I think it's the hat that throws the uniform off. If the hat was our regular navy, or maybe inverse of what it is now (silver with white trim) I think the whole uniform would be clean.

I don't like the all black uniforms very much though.

I think the custom bats were an awesome idea.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redag06 said:

Also the Yankees haven't lost a series at home since April.


That'll just make kicking their ass in the postseason even more enjoyable.
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the players weekend uniforms last year were better .... at least they were the teams colors for the most part. The all white and all black uniforms suck
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Black & white uniforms are racist. Or, so says some of the politicians.
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat40 said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I think the white uniforms with the silver trim is fresh!

I think it's the hat that throws the uniform off. If the hat was our regular navy, or maybe inverse of what it is now (silver with white trim) I think the whole uniform would be clean.

I don't like the all black uniforms very much though.

I think the custom bats were an awesome idea.


You definitely are...if the white was any bit read able....maybe outlined in team colors? But the milk man sperm donor look was horrible.

Only redeeming quality of the black is it was atleast outlined and you could read it
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:




Well sheet.
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who's spot is he taking?
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sanchez, he's on the IL.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:




Prayers to our bullpen.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's mad about sitting yesterday


Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His 474 footer landed ~rows before the I in Silverado. Im guessing this one is flirting with 500'.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great god almighty that's insane
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yordan has to be the most powerful slugger in Astros history.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The crowd sent nuts when Yordan teed off for that shot during batting practice.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MuckRaker96 said:

jkag89 said:

If the Astros take care of business at MM in any potential postseason series against the Yankees, they do not need to win a series at Yankee Stadium, just a game or maybe two.

The 'Stros did not loose the ALCS last season because the BoSox had home field advantage, they split the two games at Fenway but got swept at home.
Why can't grownups spell "lose" right? Don't we learn how to spell that in first grade?
Because we all (or at least I) have become too (almost missed this one also) dependent on spell check so unless a little red squiggly line indicates my error I'm likely to miss it.
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yordan has to be in derby next year. That shot went right over my head. It was effortlessly crushed.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colt98 said:

Yordan has to be in derby next year. That shot went right over my head. It was effortlessly crushed.


I don't want any of our guys in the derby ever. Too much evidence of messing up swings after the AS break. It took Bregman a month to get his flattened back out.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dlance said:

Colt98 said:

Yordan has to be in derby next year. That shot went right over my head. It was effortlessly crushed.


I don't want any of our guys in the derby ever. Too much evidence of messing up swings after the AS break. It took Bregman a month to get his flattened back out.


I don't think Yordan needs to change anything in his swing to compete
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At the Round Rock game right now (games, actually, since it's a double header). Kyle Tucker stole second a few minutes ago, and according to the announcer, is just the fifth player in the 116 year history of the PCL to join the 30/30 club.
Cen-Tex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackal99 said:

At the Round Rock game right now (games, actually, since it's a double header). Kyle Tucker stole second a few minutes ago, and according to the announcer, is just the fifth player in the 116 year history of the PCL to join the 30/30 club.
are they wearing those stupid uniforms in RR too?
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baggy in the booth!
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Jackal99 said:

At the Round Rock game right now (games, actually, since it's a double header). Kyle Tucker stole second a few minutes ago, and according to the announcer, is just the fifth player in the 116 year history of the PCL to join the 30/30 club.
are they wearing those stupid uniforms in RR too?


No, their usual. They are the visiting team, however. This first game was announced as a makeup from a rained-out game. I'm guessing that game was supposed to be in NOLA, hence the Baby Cakes are the home team.