***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,390 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
The D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jesus this team is in a funk
redline248
AG
At least we can go to bed, now
astros4545
AG
Tomball gets the sac bunt

Cy Fair with the walk off

**** the hometown guys
Ag12thman
AG
Horrible.
W
AG
memo to Hinch ---> call the team meeting.

been playing like garbage for more than a week

(besides the one game at Baltimore)
Ag12thman
AG
Worst possible team to be losing to right now, too.
W
AG
now 3 1/2 games behind the Yankees
agcat
AG
Have now lost 5 of 6.

We are throwing a scrub tomorrow. Good luck with that.

Probably will score 9 tomorrow.......and lose 10-9. Lol
cablinaggie
AG
Garbage.
iBrad
AG
Just one of those slumps where you don't score and lose and do score and lose. Can't put the pitching and hitting together on the same night. In our last five losses, we've scored 7, 9, 1, 6, 2.
Silent For Too Long
Tough week.

That's baseball.
Frok
AG
Please don't bench Yordan when he is 4 for 4
k20dub
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Legit worst possible scenario right there, blow a JV start, trash the pens best effort in weeks, have some scrub **** starting tomorrow.

Hinch again gets to walk back for pulling Alvarez.
W
AG
Luhnow did not upgrade the bench at the trade deadline. And as a result the Astros are at a serious disadvantage late in close games. And that weakness is magnified when Yordan is subbed out.

this week has shown that the catching position and Reddick have to be pinch hit for in critical late game situations. But the options are limited.

btw...the A's manager did a great job tonight of pitching around Yuli, Bregman, and Yordan at different points in the game
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We don't pitch around anyone we walk the coldest hitters to key the hot hitters hit donkeys with runners on
Silent For Too Long
He pulled Yordan in the 8th when we had a solid shot of putting up the go ahead run. If it works the DH never hits again.

The 2nd guessing on here is obnoxious. It was a smart move that most MLB managers make.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Not will 2 outs and ice cold bats.

How many Correa/Yuli hits does Jake score on that
Alvarez doesn't? You aren't expecting seeing eye singles from those guys and you are moving on contact
The D
AG
I think reddick needs to be benched for jake.
Silent For Too Long
W said:

Luhnow did not upgrade the bench at the trade deadline. And as a result the Astros are at a serious disadvantage late in close games. And that weakness is magnified when Yordan is subbed out.

this week has shown that the catching position and Reddick have to be pinch hit for in critical late game situations. But the options are limited.

btw...the A's manager did a great job tonight of pitching around Yuli, Bregman, and Yordan at different points in the game

What upgrade was he suppose to make over Diaz ( a solid utility) and Marisnick ( a great OF and pinch runner).

He upgraded the BP, the starting pitching (bigly), and the backup catcher, had BY FAR the best deadline day in baseball, and you actually have the audacity to *****.

Its completely absurd. It's just a bad week in baseball. Some of you were maxing your credit cards last week a Gallery Furniture and now the season is over. For F sakes it makes this board intolerable at times.
iBrad
AG
Can you image the angst if we hadn't have pinch run and Yordan wasn't able to score on a single?
Silent For Too Long
iBrad said:

Can you image the angst if we hadn't have pinch run and Yordan wasn't able to score on a single?

Exactly.
Frok
AG
Oh geez, how dare I second guess Hinch.
Silent For Too Long
No, Keeper, you're right. You know better then the most advanced organization in baseball.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We are just going to have to win 1 or 2 in NY or hope CLE knocks them off assuming we don't let this streak go 10 again
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I missed the memo where we were just supposed to say Ah shucks good job guys on a baseball thread. It's literally for second guessing and arm chair quarter backing.
AggiEE
Bregman told me the boys are back

...sure weren't back for that game

Unfortunate that we still have this lingering problem
of a bipolar offense from 2018. It's neat to have blowout games, it absolutely sucks scoring 2.

I wish we could trade blowouts for reliability.
Silent For Too Long
"No, not at all, if we dont score on a single I don't sleep tonight. Especially in this ballpark we are the visiting team, so. I can't predict the next 2 to 3 at bats, the next 2 to 3 innings, so, it's not a hard decision at all."

Hinch

You go all out for the go ahead run in late innings, particularly on the road. Period.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Which of these does Jake score that Yordan doesn't

Silent For Too Long
Its "literally" for that, is it?

Also, there's a ton of baseball to be played. The Yanks likely have a few stinkers left of their own. Because, you know, that's baseball. Its comical that you are ready to throw in the towel.
Silent For Too Long
Pretty much any of the singles.

But, by all means, if you know better then AJ ( and virtually every manager in baseball) I would say you missed your calling and are vastly underpaid. Go get yourself in the Show, son.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I think literally still plays there, I mean it's the literal purpose of the thread as I understand it. We are in our August swoon, I am obviously venting but do think we are missing opportunities. These Stros are real streaky and that concerns me. We caught the cold against BOS last year I'd hate to see it against NYY on the road.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Jake doesn't score on all those singles, and you don't know my paycheck. AJ only makes 1.2 and I work and travel far less than he

Also if you know what all major league managers would do maybe you are missing your calling, Son

Anyways hopefully we score 15 tomorrow or Armenteros surprised us. It was good to see the pen look better
BMX Bandit
W said:

memo to Hinch ---> call the team meeting.

been playing like garbage for more than a week

(besides the one game at Baltimore)

Nah man.

Needs to be "players only" meeting. That's what gets things done
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 871 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.