***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,793 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WOOOO
Bregxit
AG
Reddick!
jetch17
AG
Wooooo!
tjack16
AG
AggiEE said:

tjholley16 said:

Agnzona said:

A few days ago I asked is it crazy to call Yardon the best hitter in baseball. Now I'll ask another crazy question......woukd you trade Yordan straight up for Harper or Trout?

Trout yes.... Harper no

Trout is the best player in baseball so let's not pretend we wouldn't want him. Especially given their differences defensively

Considering how much the two are getting paid you never trade a Yordan type player

I was assuming we were throwing contracts out the window and just talking about player for player. Contract included then no I wouldn't trade. Thought it was just a fun make believe scenario to think about and debate

Let's say they were both scheduled to make the same amount of money for the next 5 years. Would you make the trade?
Agnzona
I wasn't considering contracts just age and production and hell no I wouldn't trade him.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
W
AG
ugh, the old 'contact play' back to the pitcher
Bonfired
AG
Well, at least Reddick got in the pickle long enough to let Altuve get to second.
AggiEE
In that scenario, yes because Trout has more data backing up his performance. OTOH, Yordan is younger and would have a longer shelf life going forward.
W
AG
sensational pick-me-up by Brantley
Bonfired
AG
No harm, no foul as it turns out.
jetch17
AG
Tasty
mwm
I love Uncle Mike.
dshedd41
S
Attaboy Brantley!!!!!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
Bonfired said:

Well, at least Reddick got in the pickle long enough to let Altuve get to second.
Redick is a true pro. These are the little things that end up making a difference.
Satellite of Love
I hate the MLB and their antiquated black out restrictions. How are you going to make a game free for the day and black it out? I'm in Denver, so there's no way I am getting to the ball park for these two games.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
tjack16
AG
Agnzona said:

I wasn't considering contracts just age and production and hell no I wouldn't trade him.

I love Alvarez and think he will be a superstar (I need to see more than 2 months though).... but trout is about to win the AL MVP. He's still in his prime, a plus defender, and will probably hit 50+ homeruns this season.

Also trout is only 27 (turning 28 tomorrow) he's younger than Springer and Altuve
dshedd41
S
I'm in San Diego and I'm able to way
watch the game. I do agree that it is really stupid.
Gig’em Aggies!
R-Dog
AG
Satellite of Love said:

I hate the MLB and their antiquated black out restrictions. How are you going to make a game free for the day and black it out? I'm in Denver, so there's no way I am getting to the ball park for these two games.

If you're in Denver, the purpose of the blackout is to protect the Rockies local broadcast (i.e. advertising and channel revenue). The theory is you shouldn't need to stream it because it's available locally.

What's dumb about that is not all channels available on all local systems so some get screwed.
cap-n-jack
That wasn't even that close. Pretty big miss over there.
W
AG
Greinke in a jam
CFTXAG10
AG
Damn. Arenado got that out of the dirt
fullback44
AG

Gonna have to fight to keep it to 1 run
titanmaster_race
Dang. Lazy play by Chirinos to try and catch that ball in the dirt instead of smother it.
96ags
AG

That was a really bad effort behind the plate with runners on.
W
AG
Rockies getting back in the game
tjack16
AG
And now the wave has started ....
75AG
AG
R-Dog said:

Satellite of Love said:

If you're in Denver, the purpose of the blackout is to protect the Rockies local broadcast (i.e. advertising and channel revenue). The theory is you shouldn't need to stream it because it's available locally.

What's dumb about that is not all channels available on all local systems so some get screwed.
My son lives in Salt Lake City, which is considered Rockies territory. Even though he purchased MLB, he can't watch tonight because of the blackout.
zgood10
AG
PINAAA
mwm
Yuli still on fire!
suburban cowboy
AG
It's just who he is as a two-eyed pineapple
titanmaster_race
La jalapina!
mazag08
AG
Yuli stays hot. Need more runs though.
MAROON
AG
Clown show

Just get an out
titanmaster_race
Wtf are you doing Correa?
TMACsDaMan
That's on Correa
First Page Last Page
Page 785 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.