***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,651 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prosperdick said:

We ain't getting anyone...I think teams are overly cautious now with Luhnow and want to squeeze us big time and Jeff certainly won't overpay. Oh well, I just hope none of our competitors get better, we'll know in less than an hour.
I don't think it's just JL, all the power teams (us, LA, NY and BOS) have developed a reputation for advanced front offices that make other FOs look bad.

I think this is why you are seeing bubble teams trade with other bubble teams. No one was to get fleeced trading with the big dogs.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Except that Tucker can barely hit bloop singles at the Major League level
Ag_07
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

But he mashes at AAA!!! Bad ass
Mr.Bond
AG

Bregman first 60 ABs were *****..... Let's not get ahead of ourselves
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Agmaniacmike12
I could see teams not wanting to deal away controllable starters for unproven prospects, but on rentals, a solid prospect or 2 should be more than adequate. These rentals wouldn't be on the market at all if their teams had interest in re-signing them.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
There's more value to be gained trading in the off-season than right before the trade deadline. I think Luhnow's content to stand pat if the Yankees are doing the same.
redline248
AG
The meme that never gets old
Ag_07
AG
But how does he know what they're doing?

He's not sitting there going 'Oh well they're staying put so I will'.

That's bad GMing and he's not a bad GM.
tremble
AG
I think the Archer trade is also fresh in most front office's mind. That looks like it's going to be a historic fleecing and I doubt any GMs want that type of trade hanging over their head.
Wabs
AG
Just don't see the Yankees not giving in and getting a SP. They're desperate. Just hope we can snag someone as well.
astros4545
AG
We don't even know if Zach Wheeler is healthy

That's the funny thing, he was on the IL last week
agsquirrel97
AG
Mr.Bond said:

because we all know Tucker is Bregman...Let's not get ahead of ourselves
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I find it weird we haven't heard any rumors of what's being asked for in exchange for Greinke
Ag_07
AG
That depends on the amount of money the DBacks take on.
mazag08
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Mr.Bond said:

He might be.. better.

That's why he's the first name every club thinks of when they consider trading their top guy.
Eso si, Que es
I was just reminiscing about how much lower the stress level was last year at deadline.

Then I started thinking, I bet the Rangers fans are really calm today.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
The obvious, unstated assumption there is that Luhnow is guessing that the Yankees are going to stand pat. Of ****ing course, he doesn't know for sure. Calm down, bro.
KC_Ag14
AG
Y'all think Crane is heavily involved in discussions at this point? I've always thought he lets JL run the show and trusts him with all decisions, but have to think he's engaged given the financial scenarios being presented after the season.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Don't blink Pirates!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Rain delay
Greinke done? Time to sprint to a fax machine to sign to Houston?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
He looked like a lost puppy, he batted .141 with 9 hits after making contact with 51 pitches and only 2 on the barrel. That plus his regression in the field is my knock on the guy. Plus we are stacked in the OF. I hope I am wrong but we will wish we traded him.
Ag_07
AG
I would imagine crane doesn't get involved until JL had a deal in place in that Crane approves.

Maybe he even gives JL a ceiling that all trades beneath don't require approval but if he ends up with a deal exceeding those limits he needs approval from Crane.

I imagine it's a nice and easy balance of being involved but not hovering.
W
AG
rain delay in New York before Greinke can take the hill in the bottom of the 6th
Mr.Bond
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Mr.Bond said:

The point behind the intended message is still valid.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG

He looked like a lost puppy, he batted .141 with 9 hits after making contact with 51 pitches and only 2 on the barrel. That plus his regression in the field is my knock on the guy. Plus we are stacked in the OF. I hope I am wrong but we will wish we traded him.

Reddick and Brantley both gone after next season and no guarantee Springer stays. Tucker is only available for a stud pitcher with team control if I'm luhnow

gambochaman
AG
35 minutes...
Teddy Perkins
AG

Down to the Rays and Stros for Wheeler.
CFTXAG10
AG
Good pickup for the Braves
Silent For Too Long

He's still hitting the same pitchers YA was hitting against this year at a similar clip, and we won't be stacked in the OF for much longer. All of our OFers are FAs after next year.

Tucker is not going to be traded for a rental no matter how much you want to make it happen, and it's a very good decision by a very forward thinking GM.
Wabs
AG
MLB Channel just said Yanks are out of the Wheeler deal.
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Please don't trade Tucker, Whitley, or Beer
Agmaniacmike12
Shaping up to be a fun battle for the NL East. Braves and Nats both shoring up their bullpen.
mazag08
AG

We are not stacked in the outfield.

All three starters are FA after next year. We will likely want to lock up George and he going to cost a lot. Reddick will be gone. Brantley most likely gone. Tucker would be penciled in at RF, with the other spot going to a mid level FA, Fisher, or someone off the radar. Marisnick will be in his last year and Straw just isn't what you want from an every day OF.

We lose Tucker, and we will HAVE to sign George AND Brantley to have a championship level outfield.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

agsquirrel97
AG
mazag08 said:

agsquirrel97 said:

Mr.Bond said:

He might be.. better.

That's why he's the first name every club thinks of when they consider trading their top guy.
in a discussion about not getting ahead of ourselves...

but I am just funning. All I can say is I trust JL. If his crew believes in Tucker enough to not trade him, there is a reason. If his crew has convinced everyone else that he is not willing to trade Tucker just to "fleece" someone, then that is absolutely amazing. Either way, I trust JL and crew in their decision.
First Page Last Page
Page 727 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.