***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,246 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

WANT
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I love a sports fight. Imagine how much better the office would be if you could punch Bob in Accounting and just get a suspension and fine
Mathguy64
AG
If I understand the timing right, Puig has been traded but was still playing in the field when the fight happened. How the hell did the Reds leave him in the game if he was traded? I thought they had to pull the player from the game before the trade could be recorded.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
The World Series is won in the next 15 hours, gents.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Beat40 said:

Anyone know what started everything this evening between PIT and Cincy?

There are going to be some long suspensions from that ordeal!

Edit for Amir Garrett is a huge dud and that punch had to hurt. Wow.

Kela (PIT) threw at the head of Dietrich (CIN), and it spiraled out of control after that.
Buck Compton
AG
mathguy86 said:

If I understand the timing right, Puig has been traded but was still playing in the field when the fight happened. How the hell did the Reds leave him in the game if he was traded? I thought they had to pull the player from the game before the trade could be recorded.
Trade wasn't finalized at that point. Likely agreed upon in principle but not signed (especially with the complexities of the three-team trade). They were likely working through paperwork, etc. with league when this happened - which makes it even funnier.
the last of the bohemians
Really like the upside of Boyd but Tucker is not a fair trade. With our pitching coach and analytics, getting someone who is first discovering his upside is the ideal get.
agchugger
AG
I don't want to be a big believer in the 'something is wrong with baseball' theory after Kimbrel and Keuchel went unsigned but now only two big trades have gone down with two non-contenders making deals for talent and one contender sending away from talent. Something is not right with that picture.
Ag_07
AG
Ugh... I'm praying that being so stubborn on Tucker these past few years pays off eventually.

Thor would so filthy in this rotation.

Shlt at this point Christian Yelich like is the only thing that's gonna make me happy.
Ag12thman
AG
What a performance by Verlander tonight.
Mathguy64
AG
This was Puig's 3rd ejection of the season. Nice hat trick on his way out the door.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My thoughts on some chances:

We keep Tucker 60%
We keep Whitley 90%
We keep both above 50%

We get Ray 40%
We get Thor 15%
We get Greinke 75%
We get MadBum 30%
We get Boyd 60%
W
AG
one thing to keep an eye on tomorrow morning...

Greinke is scheduled to start for Arizona in an early day game vs. the Yankees --- Noon central first pitch.

don't think he'll pitch if he's getting traded by 3pm central
W
AG
Thor was great tonight for the Mets. 15% is right. He's going to be too expensive
ClickClack
AG
Why are we always the last to ink anything? I really don't get the point of waiting until the last minute. Yes I know wait out for the right deal but come on. We almost didn't get verlander because we waited until the last second.

Meanwhile, non contenders are getting good pitchers. We are one starter away from having a very good shot at winning another WS. Get it done...ridiculous watching other middle pack teams get help.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Yankees, Dodgers, RedSox, Braves.....none have made significant trades. It just doesn't happen
W
AG
nice win for the Rays tonight at Fenway. Still staying ahead of the Red Sox in the standings.

Charlie M. got roughed up, but Tampa rallied to win
Mathguy64
AG
cpsencik04 said:

My thoughts on some chances:

We get Ray 40%
We get Thor 15%
We get Greinke 75%
We get MadBum 30%
We get Boyd 60%

Since this adds to 220% I assume you think we are getting more than one of these guys. I like where you are headed!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Overall in a vacuum what I think legit chances of each happening...
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No Thor.
Basketball and Chain
AG
Keuchel turned down a $90 million extension from the Astros. He went to the open market shooting for the moon, and by the time he came back to reality, teams weren't willing to give up the draft pick compensation to ink him for only 1 year. That's a Keuchel problem, not a MLB problem. He overplayed his hand.

I think this year is a little bit of a 1 off. You have sellers leveraging the single trade deadline for the first time, and buyers wanting prices to come down. So the action will be fast and furious late, when the sellers that really want to make a move get in line with what the market is going to pay.
Silent For Too Long
I think it's more like 95% we keep Tucker. His projected contribution over his controllable years is just too high. Especially at a position of need after 2020.

I think JL is much more likely to trade Whitley.

Wheeler seems like the type of target we will end up with, which I would be fine with.
Philip J Fry
AG
I use hope he remembers how the team felt in 2017 when we didn't get anyone. I absolutely love our offense, but we need 1 more starter to sure up the bullpen.
I Like Turtles
AG
I think it's gonna be Wheeler
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Alright....the Mets day they want to deal and get ML ready pieces in return so tel me what you think.

Astros: Thor
Mets: Kemp, Fisher, Whitley, UrKidding/Armentos and Reddick or another young arm
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I sure hope keeping tucker is worth not winning a World Series this year
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Nuke I have been missing you but I'm really glad the glass half empty has come back this last week! The board wasn't the same
Basketball and Chain
AG
n_touch
Kind of a safe assumption when he not only started tonight hut went out there for 7 innings.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am going to say this wild statement:

We are getting no pitching help and Tucker will finish his major league career with less hits than Tyler White
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Trading for Thor, Grienke, & Wheeler wouldn't guarantee a WS just like standing pat wouldn't guarantee us not to win a WS.
AstroAggie15
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and trust what Jeff Luhnow is doing.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I am going to say this wild statement:

We are getting no pitching help and Tucker will finish his major league career with less hits than Tyler White
AustinCountyAg
I wouldn't count out getting Thor yet....I can easily see ya shipping Whitley that way for him with a couple other AAA's
First Page Last Page
Page 717 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.