***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,192 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Basketball and Chain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
John E said:

Mr.Bond said:

John E said:

What is Yordan's contract situation? All I could find was thats he's on a 1 year deal. That cant be right,,,can it?

He's ours for a very long time
thats great to hear!....Do you know the details? I couldn't find anything.

He makes the league minimum for his service time until he's eligible for arbitration, which I believe will be for 2022-2024 seasons. He'll be a free agent for the 2025 season.
Agmaniacmike12
I'm not 100% certain on this, but Alvarez is likely making the minimum salary of 550K for a full year(less when adjusted for the fact he was called up in June).

He won't accrue a year of service time this year, so he will play in 2020, 2021, and 2022 around that salary. He will have 2023 and 2024 arbitration. He would hit free agency in 2025.
W
AG
Bagwell in the booth tomorrow
Kashchei
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Those hats are great

Already sold out on MLB and Fanatics
W
AG
wonder if the new CBA will grandfather-in existing players or only start with guys that debut after 2021.

e.g. get to free agency sooner
Marvin
AG
Third game in a row at MMP that I've sat beside someone that makes White look anorexic. You want to top 5 bills, fine, stuff your pie hole- but buy three damn seats so the rest of us don't have to endure your flabby wings and constant wheezing. Dude has fat rolls squeezing in under the arm rest and couldn't pull his legs together with a comealong.

Basketball and Chain
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

I'm not 100% certain on this, but Alvarez is likely making the minimum salary of 550K for a full year(less when adjusted for the fact he was called up in June).

He won't accrue a year of service time this year, so he will play in 2020, 2021, and 2022 around that salary. He will have 2023 and 2024 arbitration. He would hit free agency in 2025.

I think there's a minimum of 3 years of arbitration, 4 if the player qualifies as a Super Two.
gougler08
AG
Didn't want to mess with Yordan
W
AG
Yuli still on fire.

Homer getting destroyed
Kashchei
AG
La Pina!
tremble
AG
Yuli en Fuego!
Bregxit
AG
Jalapina!
jetch17
AG
La pina en fuego!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
cap-n-jack
La Pina!
suburban cowboy
AG
He's one spicy pineapple
W
AG
19 HR & 62 RBI for Yuli
Agmaniacmike12
Basketball and Chain said:

Agmaniacmike12 said:

I think there's a minimum of 3 years of arbitration, 4 if the player qualifies as a Super Two.
Gotcha. I get confused about baseball contract system at times. Thought it was 2 off hand, but you're definitely right.
Daddy-O5
AG
My goodness he's scorching hot.
bullard21k
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Just told my wife after next year I would do an early long term 10 year type deal similar to Bregmans.

Don't know if he and his agent would go for it but I bet they would consider it given that he would get paid big bucks 4-5 years before he was a FA
jetch17
Agmaniacmike12
That Yuli spot in the lineup is perfect right now. Makes pitchers pay for pitching around the Havana Hammer.
jetch17
AG
Shredding Bailey
W
AG
batting practice right now
Bregxit
AG
Keep Armstrong in the booth!
jetch17
AG
Keep Armstrong in the booth
bearkatag15
AG
Rick Armstrong is welcome back anytime.
Mathguy64
AG
Marvin said:

Third game in a row at MMP that I've sat beside someone that makes White look anorexic. You want to top 5 bills, fine, stuff your pie hole- but buy three damn seats so the rest of us don't have to endure your flabby wings and constant wheezing. Dude has fat rolls squeezing in under the arm rest and couldn't pull his legs together with a comealong.

Baseball specific update to travel scrabble with fatso.
cap-n-jack
Hammering this dude.
W
AG
welcome back Diaz
Mathguy64
AG
Welcome back Aledmys!
zgood10
AG
WELCOME BACK DIAZ
suburban cowboy
AG
Welcome back Diaz
W
AG
the A's traded for this guy?
Daddy-O5
AG
WELCOME BACK!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 652 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.