***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,415 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Screwball sighting!

bearkatag15
AG
WelchAg said:

Minnesota continues to do us zero favors

Twins tie it up with an RBI triple
Bonfired
AG
bearkatag15 said:

WelchAg said:

Minnesota continues to do us zero favors

Twins tie it up with an RBI triple

And just walked it off.
AggiEE
Twins beat the A's in the 9th!
bearkatag15
AG
Twins walk it off. AL West lead up to 6.5
sts7049
AG
walked it off
Fslip01
titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

Pressly pitched two nights in a row both with 20 pitches plus the shltty travel.

Getting through a series without using him is big.

And didn't AJ specifically say he was giving since regulars extra rest this series?
They said on the broadcast that Hinch decided in advance to give Pressly the series off.
. . .
Prosperdick
AG
AggiEE said:

Twins beat the A's in the 9th!

6.5 sounds a lot better than 5.5. We could completely implode and still be up 3.5 games but on the flip side we could kick ass and push them close to 10 games out.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Broadcast guys with an interesting stat today...Astros are 16-1 against the AL west at home, 7-1 against the A's. Certainly past success doesn't guarantee future success, but it's a positive trend.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Broadcast guys with an interesting stat today...Astros are 16-1 against the AL west at home, 7-1 against the A's. Certainly past success doesn't guarantee future success, but it's a positive trend.

Thankfully we only see them with the top of the rotation. Hopefully the long ball isn't a problem
fatdad84ag
AG
Stros vs AL West record after today's game:
Home
Angels 2-1 (6 left)
A's 3-0 (7 left)
Mariners 3-0 (7 left)
Rangers 7-0 (2 left)

Away
Angels 4-2 (4 left)
A's 4-1 (4 left)
Mariners 6-1 (2 left)
Rangers 4-6 (completed)
tjack16
AG
I'm not worried about the A's... but I would like to keep homefield for the playoffs. So the Twins losing helps us.
Silent For Too Long
W.
Silent For Too Long
Wow, that's very interesting. So we have 22 home games and 10 away games left against our division.

That makes since as we were road warriors at the beginning of the season. Kind of nice to get some home cooking down the stretch as we get our boys ready for the pennant race.
McInnis
AG
So what's the difference if the Astros release White outright or put him on waivers? Do they get some kind of compensation if someone claims him off waivers ?
n_touch
No compensation but we get days to continue working him into a trade.
W
AG
the Astros are an outstanding 33-11 vs. the AL West. Just dominating the 4 clubs this year. And only the Mariners are a terrible team (on track for 100 losses). The other 3 are over .500; and the A's are in the hunt for a wildcard

(last year the Astros were 46-30 vs. the West)
W
AG
and speaking of the wildcard...and checking in with the Red Sox...

Boston (54-46) lost a series to the lowly Orioles (31-67) this weekend. That is not the formula for success for making the playoffs.

in fact the Red Sox finished a 7-game stretch vs. the Blue Jays and Orioles with just a 4-3 mark. Only have 9 games left vs. the two AL East bottom feeders.

now they start a critical 14-game run vs. the Rays and Yanks
k20dub
AG
W giving more sports info than Sportscenter
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Boston fans would eat Kenny G alive.
Farmer1906
AG
He's been as good as anyone this year.
W
AG
Cashner -- the Red Sox recent addition -- has been bombed in both his starts. Given up 9 earned in 11 innings to the Blue Jays and Orioles.

he's not the answer. Boston needs more pitching
W
AG
one note on the Yankees...

NYY has played 55 home games and only 43 road games so far.

a window is opening for the Astros to catch them as the Bombers' home-road schedule starts to balance
W
AG
and talk about friendly schedule-making...

from June 17th to July 21st, the Yankees only played 8 road games...and 2 of them were in Queens vs. the Mets.

that was a 35-day stretch with just 2 road trips (one to Boston and one to Tampa)
Mathguy64
AG
They did play a series in London, but yes, they have had a very favorable schedule.
Farmer1906
AG
Along with the majority home schedule NYY has only played 46 games (30-16) vs .500 or better teams. We've played 67 (41-26). I would imagine their road the rest of the way can't be easy.
AggiEE
Ken Giles is actually decent this season?

He has a better ERA than Osuna...
agdaddy04
AG
Now that I've moved out of state, when is the best time to order mlb package? Isn't there a time of the year it goes 1/2 price?
Deluxe
AG
It's not surprising at all to me that Giles would turn things around pitching in a no pressure environment where the games don't matter. Feel bad for the team that picks him up thinking he'll be able to help for a playoff run.
bearkatag15
AG
4th of July weekend there was a special on the package. I think it was half off
titanmaster_race
bearkatag15 said:

4th of July weekend there was a special on the package. I think it was half off

Half off because the season is half over?
Marvin
AG
With the trade deadline looming, what do you think will happen? I'm going out on a limb and saying that Luhnow pulls off a trade for a stud pitcher. I'm thinking it will be one of Bumgarner or Syndergaard... maybe Stroman. I'd be surprised to see the Astros trading with the Rangers, and I don't expect the Indians to deal Bauer given their pursuit of the Twins. Also, any trade of that magnitude will hurt. Whitley or Tucker for sure, and likely a couple more of our better prospects.

Your prediction?
Mr.Bond
AG
Whitley or Tucker should only be involved for a stud pitcher who is under team control through at least 2020. So neither should be a part of a MadBum deal
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

W
AG
are the Giants going to sell?

have been hot lately and moved to within 2 games in the loss column of the last NL wildcard
First Page Last Page
Page 647 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.