***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,239 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fielding percentage.
agsquirrel97
AG
Sorry if already discussed. I hope Justin was sent home early so he could sleep in his own bed tonight. Not sure what the normal protocol is on this for starting pitchers traveling the day before a start, especially a ridiculous travel schedule like tonight.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I am sure JV does what he wants and knows how he needs to prepare.

My guess is he stayed with the team, he doesn't pitch until 7pm tonight, which means he's not at the ballpark until the middle of the afternoon. I assume these guys are night owls since their not home before 11 or 12 on a regular night.
titanmaster_race
Wasn't there a report yesterday that said he was already back in Houston?
Ag_07
AG
Yeah I'd think he flew back early.

I don't expect much from the team tonight. Getting back around 5-6 am then not being home until 7 am then being back at the park this afternoon for a 7 pm start.

That's rough
Frok
AG
They'll be fine, you guys are dramatic.
BMX Bandit
its not an ideal travel schedule, but some of you are making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is.
agsquirrel97
AG
BMX Bandit said:

its not an ideal travel schedule, but some of you are making it out to be a much bigger deal than it is.

It is ridiculous. It is the exact reason they have Day games. Get home at 7AM versus get home at 1AM.

JV has said that he sleeps 12 hours to allow the body to recuperate, Bergman too if I recall the article correctly. Regular season is brutal on the body and screwing up one night of sleep really messes you up for a few days.

Hell, I'm tired just from staying up to watch them the last 4 nights and I go to sleep right at the end of the game, if not before.

I get they are professionals and all that, but I fly overnight to South America a few times a year and it messes you up for a couple days.
shano0603
AG
Good thing JV checks this thread so he can know how to prepare for a game properly
BMX Bandit
flying commercial to South America sounds similar to a 3 hour charter from LA

again, not ideal travel, but far from being something that is going to take days to recover from.
n_touch
Wouldn't be surprised. Cole did this earlier in the year to make sure he was rested.
Ag_07
AG
No not days but don't be surprised if they come out flat and lay an egg tonight.

What sucks is there is no logical reason for it. It's an easy fix..Just move yesterday's game to 3 pm.

And add on the fact that we got shafted out of an extra day's rest during the ASB since we played Thurs.

None of it makes any sense
BMX Bandit
Hinch confirmed Verlander left early.

Ag_07: I agree it could have easily been avoided, and i don't buy the "too much traffic in LA for afternoon game" line.
jetch17
AG
im sure JV is feelin fine nestled between Kate's uptons this morning ready to come out firing. Our guys may be tired, but the mighty Yordan will come out and singlehandedly teabag the rangers by lasering hate-rockets into the outfield and over the wall while sprayfarting on Odor as he rounds the bases.
Harry Dunne
Red eye: Astros Rail Against MLB for Schedule
Marvin
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I am sure JV does what he wants and knows how he needs to prepare.

My guess is he stayed with the team, he doesn't pitch until 7pm tonight, which means he's not at the ballpark until the middle of the afternoon. I assume these guys are night owls since their not home before 11 or 12 on a regular night.

From ESPN:
Quote:

Astros manager A.J. Hinch said Justin Verlander flew back to Houston early ahead of his scheduled start against the Rangers on Friday.

Harry Dunne
jetch17 said:

im sure JV is feelin fine nestled between Kate's uptons this morning ready to come out firing. Our guys may be tired, but the mighty Yordan will come out and singlehandedly teabag the rangers by lasering hate-rockets into the outfield and over the wall while sprayfarting on Odor as he rounds the bases.
Very weird and specific trash talk. I like it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
jetch17 said:

We need more of you in here
Farmer1906
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Good thing that the balls aren't juiced.
Farmer1906
AG
AgFan1999
AG
Still think Stroman ends up an Astro.
jetch17
AG
The name would certainly check out
bearkatag15
AG

46 pitches and only 19 strikes... yikes
mazag08
AG
jetch17 said:

Hate Rockets is the official term of Yordan homerun's. Great job.
Mathguy64
AG
5 K's on only 19 strikes is really hard to do. 6 walks on the other 27 pitches is equally difficult to pull off. Either way he was unhittable.
CFTXAG10
AG
mathguy86 said:

5 K's on only 19 strikes is really hard to do. 6 walks on the other 27 pitches is equally difficult to pull off. Either way he was unhittable.
Bregxit
AG
mathguy86 said:

That's one way to put it.
Ag_07
AG
mathguy86 said:

5 K's on only 19 strikes is really hard to do. 6 walks on the other 27 pitches is equally difficult to pull off. Either way he was unhittable. that's not good.

46 pitches in 2.2 including 6 walks is rough.

You can have all the stuff you want but if you can't dial it in it's pointless.
Bregxit
AG
Meant laugh/cry above!
Andyzipp
AG
Any news on who TBD is going to end up being on Saturday? Don't know if I can sit though a Rondon "start" in person...
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

mathguy86 said:

Excellent gif usage. I laughed.
irish pete ag06
AG
jetch17 said:

Please post more.
YellAg2004
AG
mazag08 said:

jetch17 said:

Hate Rockets is the official term of Yordan homerun's. Great job.
Motion to amend to hate missiles with Yordan being the Cuban missile launcher.
jetch17
AG
I can support that
First Page Last Page
Page 632 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.