***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,203 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vic & Anthony's.
Ag_07
AG
Park in any surface lot downtown. Most are $20 on gamedays. If you get there early you can snag a meter spot on the street and I think they're free on weekends.

For places to eat/drink Biggio's in the Marriott is my favorite. Nice casual sports bar with lots of TVs, good food, and plenty to drink. There's also Jackson St BBQ which has really good BBQ and beer but lacks the atmosphere and variety. There's Osso & Kristalla that's a bit nicer spot but on game days it's casual eating. For drinking spots there 8th Wonder Brewery, Moonshiners, Flying Saucer.

There's a bunch of stuff and some of the others will chime in on their favorites.
BMX Bandit
Have they added bartenders at Biggio's on game day?

Have not been this season, but when I went last year on couple/few occasions, the service pregame was absolutely abysmal
Ags #1
AG
Luckys used to have a bus that would run you over to the game. Not sure if they still do that though
jetch17
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Vic & Anthony's.
this is typically my go-to - just park there for $8 (or whatever it is) and go in for a few cocktails in the lounge. also a good option to wait for the crowd to disperse after the game

ill be doing this for the business man's special next week for lunch
Ag_07
AG
I don't know if they've added but I've never had an issue with service there.

We've done sit/stand at the bar and gotten seated and service is always good.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

cpsencik04 said:

The term you missed was "package" I didn't say trade Yuli and fatso for Thor....
So who else are you putting in the package?

Any trade needs to include Kemp or white or both just to offload them.

Not aiming for anyone in particular here on any moves (but wanting someone with control) I would package Whitley (Regrettabley), Fisher, Yuli, then maybe a younger arm and position player.

That would give a team multiple generations of players. Guys who can play immediately, guys who could be he'd down for longer control and then youngsters for 2 years or so down the road. This mystery team could also try and ship Yuli to a different contender for something more.
n_touch
Quote:

I would package Whitley (Regrettabley), Fisher, Yuli, then maybe a younger arm and position player.
So you would take someone that is on fire right now, playing multiple positions and I would bet favorite in the clubhouse and trade him? Not only hurting your offense (which is struggling) but also the clubhouse mood in hopes that the team he gets traded to in turn trades him to a contender they would have to possibly face in the playoffs?
David_Puddy
AG
jetch17 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Vic & Anthony's.
this is typically my go-to - just park there for $8 (or whatever it is) and go in for a few cocktails in the lounge. also a good option to wait for the crowd to disperse after the game

Let me know what time I need to be there
jetch17
AG
David_Puddy said:

jetch17 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Vic & Anthony's.

Let me know what time I need to be there
grabbed some Crawford Box seats for the afternooner next week. ill be headed down early
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I want to trade someone who is hot as hell but highly doubt it will continue to GET AN ARM AND STOP THE REVOLVING DOOR OF TRASH WE THROW OUT TWICE A WEEK.

And while I fully respect the clubhouse atmosphere the main personalities there are Bregman and Springer, with Jake as the level headed older brother personality. But they are also all professionals, they know we need an arm to win and these guys want to win another ring, more than anything else that is the goal. Also I'd think it was obvious but the thought process here is that you are about to get Correa and Diaz back which moves Alex back to third and allows Diaz to pickup some of the utility work Yuli has been doing.

As far as the next team I could honesty care less what they did with him, but that is how I would try and spin sending a 35 yo player to a team who is a few years away.
dcaggie04
AG
Beat40
It's just bizarre to trade Yuli, a proven MLB player that absolutely negatively impacts your offense, for an arm when you can trade a couple of prospects to get the guy you need.

My point is I don't think Yuli moves the needle as much as you think he does when it comes to getting a better arm.
Ag_07
AG
To be fair quite a number of you were clamoring to trade Yuli earlier this year before his hot streak.

I've been adamant that Yuli is what he is and that's a solid MLer who is aggressive. He won't hit .300 but he'll rarely be under .250, hit lots of line drives, and make a lot of contact. He's not quite AS caliber but he's a important piece and as solid as they come.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Thank you! All of a sudden when the guy might have some actual trade value now we can't imagine it...
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I don't think he moves it a ton either but if it he moves it enough that we can get a solid arm without losing Tucker I'm in. Plus if we could get a solid arm without losing Whitley and Tucker that's optimal.
Ag_07
AG
Because it's a bad idea. Yuli is important to what we do and he's not (or at least shouldn't be) going anywhere.

I was just pointing out that some on here thought it was a good idea earlier this year.

Deluxe
AG
As of right now, no chance Yuli is traded.

As of a few weeks ago, it was feasible to imagine Luhnow trying to offload his $10 million salary. He was OPS+ing around 80 (80!) before Beltran told him to watch the ball with two eyes haha. For example, in negotiations with Toronto, Luhnow could have been like "we'll give you [insert set of prospects] for Stroman, but we'll give you [insert better set of prospects] if you also take Yuli's contract off our hands". Could have used the savings to help pay Cole next year.

But all that is irrelevant now. I'm glad Yuli found his stroke.
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

It's just bizarre to trade Yuli, a proven MLB player that absolutely negatively impacts your offense, for an arm when you can trade a couple of prospects to get the guy you need.

My point is I don't think Yuli moves the needle as much as you think he does when it comes to getting a better arm.
Plus the fact that a team looking to trade a proven starter is likely building for the future and wouldn't be interested in a 35 year old first baseman with one year left on his deal.
Farmer1906
AG
I think we should move Altuve, Bregman, and Springer. Think of the value we'd get back and money we'd save no longer paying Altuve 30 M a year and Bregman his 100 M deal. We'll have the greatest rotation ever assembled!
AgFan1999
AG
I thought I read somewhere that the reason Sneed hadn't be re-called is that you have to stay in the minors for so many days (10?) before you can be re-called.
Ag_07
AG
So can we bltch and moan about the schedule makers again?

Why on earth is today's game not an afternoon start?

It's LA so weather isn't a factor. It wouldn't have any effect on the Angel's travel plans.

Instead our team will play a late game, fly back, arrive here at 5-6 am, then turn around and play at 7 pm.

No team should ever have to go from West coast to central or eastern Time zone. Make them afternoon games. That's a joke that this happens.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Driving from anywhere to anywhere else in the greater LA area during a workday is why it's not a day game.
07ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

So can we bltch and moan about the schedule makers again?

Why on earth is today's game not an afternoon start?

It's LA so weather isn't a factor. It wouldn't have any effect on the Angel's travel plans.

Instead our team will play a late game, fly back, arrive here at 5-6 am, then turn around and play at 7 pm.

No team should ever have to go from West coast to central or eastern Time zone. Make them afternoon games. That's a joke that this happens.
its bud selig's fault, probably
https://ts.la/eric59704
DVC2010
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Driving from anywhere to anywhere else in the greater LA area during a workday is why it's not a day game.

I don't see how that's MLB's problem. If your city wants two teams, you need the infrastructure to accommodate them.

Full disclosure: I kind of hate Los Angeles.
Ag_07
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

So neither LA or LAA have any afternoon games on getaway days?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Appreciate the advice guys
Beat40
AgFan1999 said:

I thought I read somewhere that the reason Sneed hadn't be re-called is that you have to stay in the minors for so many days (10?) before you can be re-called.
Yeah, someone pointed this out to me earlier. I had forgotten about that.
Fslip01
DVC2010 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

I don't see how that's MLB's problem. If your city wants two teams, you need the infrastructure to accommodate them.

Just to be clear, LA doesn't have two teams. Anaheim is not Los Angeles by any stretch of the imagination. I will never understand why they add LA to the team name.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

As of right now, no chance Yuli is traded.

As of a few weeks ago, it was feasible to imagine Luhnow trying to offload his $10 million salary. He was OPS+ing around 80 (80!) before Beltran told him to watch the ball with two eyes haha. For example, in negotiations with Toronto, Luhnow could have been like "we'll give you [insert set of prospects] for Stroman, but we'll give you [insert better set of prospects] if you also take Yuli's contract off our hands". Could have used the savings to help pay Cole next year.

But all that is irrelevant now. I'm glad Yuli found his stroke.
What's wild is his OPS+ is like 115 now. That's a wild swing. Yes, pun intended.
Beat40
Y'all, I know BA isn't as important as it used to be, but I'm looking forward to the day when Altuve reaches that mark. I believe he's going to do it this season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Fslip01 said:

DVC2010 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Just to be clear, LA doesn't have two teams. Anaheim is not Los Angeles by any stretch of the imagination. I will never understand why they add LA to the team name.
Uh, money?
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

I think we should move Altuve, Bregman, and Springer. Think of the value we'd get back and money we'd save no longer paying Altuve 30 M a year and Bregman his 100 M deal. We'll have the greatest rotation ever assembled!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
LA and Anaheim are like Dallas and Fort Worth, only 30 miles but sometime 2 hours apart. Add a team half way between and call them the California Rangers,
Deluxe
AG
Tucker starting at 1B tonight (for Round Rock)
First Page Last Page
Page 628 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.