***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,395 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

the problem with Ausmus...he was a GiDP machine --- a GIDP machine and then some.

in 2002 he posted a .675 OPS with 30 GiDP's. That's not a typo: 30 GIDP's.

that's unbelievably bad. And when your #7 or #8 hitter in the national league is doing that...he is forcing the pitcher to lead off the next inning. Instead of clearing the pitcher's spot
He would have broken the 2002 Astros thread, if there was one.

Or maybe in 2002 we weren't so entitled yet that we wanted to trade everyone that didn't hit .400.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
YellAg2004 said:

White will alternate between flinching and throwing huge uppercuts, none of which will connect.
Nah, he'll just stand on the steps of the dugout doing the truffle shuffle.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Here is the correct answer.

6'5" 230#

It's worth noting that he would have been the one who barreled over Lucroy if Hinch hadn't pinch run for him
Bregxit
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

6'5" 230#

It's worth noting that he would have been the one who barreled over Lucroy if Hinch hadn't pinch run for him
He would not have been sent, or he would have been out by 40 feet.
Deluxe
AG
dlance said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

6'5" 230#

He would not have been sent, or he would have been out by 40 feet.
I know Yordan and Jake run at different speeds. He may have still been sent because it was a tie game in the 8th. No shame in taking a risk. Obviously you are right that he would have been out had the play transpired the exact same way.
Deluxe
AG

Rangers writer for the The Athletic accuses the Astros of conspiring with the Dodgers to get around international pool limits to sign Yordan
AgFan1999
AG
Newberg is the definition of a Rangers homer.
redline248
AG
I'm out of free articles this month

n_touch
I'm not sure it means anything really. The reason he is staying down is for trade bait. There is no upside to bringing him up and him floundering again. If he stays down and mashes he looks good in a trade, if he comes up and tanks then its a loss for the good guys.
Beat40
n_touch said:

I'm not sure it means anything really. The reason he is staying down is for trade bait. There is no upside to bringing him up and him floundering again. If he stays down and mashes he looks good in a trade, if he comes up and tanks then its a loss for the good guys.
But, what if, and I know this sounds crazy, he was ready to come up AND produced?
Farmer1906
AG
n_touch said:

It clearly means they're trying to find a spot for him at the big league level. We have 2 AS OFs, Yordan and his HR every 10 ABs, & a savvy vet who's still above average.

Yuli is the hottest player in baseball, but he's not going to keep it up. Plus 2020 is his last year in an Astro uni. We'll need a replacement.
Ag_07
AG
Beat40 said:

n_touch said:

But, what if, and I know this sounds crazy, he was ready to come up AND produced?

I would think his bad performances in the majors are still better than White's performance now.
Prosperdick
AG
Deluxe said:

Rangers writer for the The Athletic accuses the Astros of conspiring with the Dodgers to get around international pool limits to sign Yordan

And they even conspired to confuse the Astros asking for the wrong Alvarez in the potential trade of Fields. Man those sneaky Astros. This guy is obviously a tool, especially if he's a Ranger homer.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Yea, and what a treasure the Dodgers got for conspiring...Josh Fields?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Potential trade target on the IL
fightintexasaggie
AG
I'm going to the game next Tuesday against the A's and want to watch batting practice before hand. Anybody know what time the Astros start BP and what time the A's would start?
irish pete ag06
AG
n_touch said:

It's a hedge. Keep him down and value up.

He doesn't get traded and you let him come up and take ABs when the plug is pulled on White.
irish pete ag06
AG
Prosperdick said:

Deluxe said:

And they even conspired to confuse the Astros asking for the wrong Alvarez in the potential trade of Fields. Man those sneaky Astros. This guy is obviously a tool, especially if he's a Ranger homer.

Newberg may be good at covering the minor leagues but man he is one smug, holier than thou Ranger homer. He makes Evan Grant look objective.
KC_Ag14
AG
Anyone seeing JP Morosi's potential proposal for Robbie Ray on MLB Network? Fisher, Whitley & Bukauskas.... is "Helll No" the appropriate reaction?
Farmer1906
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Anyone seeing JP Morosi's potential proposal for Robbie Ray on MLB Network? Fisher, Whitley & Bukauskas.... is "Helll No" the appropriate reaction?
LOLOLOLOL

irish pete ag06
AG
I wouldn't mind getting Robbie Ray but holy hell not at that price.
Ag_07
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Anyone seeing JP Morosi's potential proposal for Robbie Ray on MLB Network? Fisher, Whitley & Bukauskas....

Mr.Ackar07
KC_Ag14 said:

potential proposal for Robbie Ray on MLB Network? Fisher, Whitley & Bukauskas.... is "Helll No" the appropriate reaction?
Fisher, one of either Whitley or Bukauskas, and White or no deal
n_touch
Mr.Ackar07 said:

KC_Ag14 said:

potential proposal for Robbie Ray on MLB Network? Fisher, Whitley & Bukauskas.... is "Helll No" the appropriate reaction?
Fisher, one of either Whitley or Bukauskas, and White or no deal
And they have to take White and play him at least 15 games
tjack16
AG
In regards to Correa. I'd like to see us get as much as we can from him the next 2-3 years before he hits free agency.

Bregman is our SS of the future in my opinion.
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

n_touch said:

He's not a pitcher... so it's possible!
titanmaster_race
n_touch said:

Per Webster idiot is a Stupid person. His statements after the collision completely reflect that, especially from someone that played that position.

Quote:

"It certainly didn't look like a clean play... It looked like Marisnick took a step to the left and bowled into him with his arm up. The call was right. MLB should probably take a look at it and consider some type of suspension quite frankly."
If it was not a clean play and Jake was trying to take him out, I seriously doubt he would have turned around to him like he did and had that look on his face. I am not saying he constantly stupid, but in this situation he is definitely acting like it.

In addition to being a catcher himself and wanting to protect his own catcher, Ausmus just had a player in his clubhouse die when he gave that quote.

I'll forgive him for saying something I disagree with in an emotional outburst.
bearkatag15
AG
Bregxit
AG
No Jake either.
Farmer1906
AG
But that's normal.
titanmaster_race
And no white!
W
AG
Trout is not in the Angels' starting lineup.

the 'stros will see Justin Upton for the first time this season
Eso si, Que es
titanmaster_race said:

And no white!
White was scratched from the lineup due to a pending trade.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Maybe Tyler White can start being an opener? His trade value is higher as a RHP
redline248
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 602 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.