***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

1,474,661 Views | 31951 Replies | Last: 37 sec ago by Beat40
SA-AG72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

SA-AG72 said:

How so, titmaster?

Gou're right
A golden sombrero is four strikeouts in a game by the same player. Altuve prior to that last AB had only 2 ( I think...)

Golden Sombrero
The golden sombrero comes from hockey's hat trick, three goals in a game. Thus a batter who strikes out three times in a game is said to wear the "sombrero". The word in Spanish refers to any type of hat, but in popular culture it is associated with the unwieldy huge hats worn by stereotypical cartoon Mexicans. More grand than a hat would be a sombrero that is gold. It is awarded to any player who strikes out four times in a game. A platinum sombrero for five strikeouts or a titanium sombrero for six strikeouts may be awarded but they are much rarer than a golden sombrero.I
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Osuna hasn't hit a spot yet.
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was really surprised to hear the Astros record in extra inning games this year.
MexAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's McHugh??? Get your **** together Hinch!
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never heard it referred to anything but 4...but I'm getting old
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Osuna giving off some serious cardiac Ken Giles vibes.
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MexAg05 said:

Where's McHugh??? Get your **** together Hinch!


This is your closer. You trust your guy. Ride or die.
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enormous out
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
big out, right there
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Osuna is trending Giles-like.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You just proved he is correct and you were using the term incorrectly
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

his primary playoff function would be as a pinch runner --- and he's struggling with that right now

(assuming Correa & Diaz eventually get back on the active roster)
Because he got picked off he's struggling as a pinch runner?

White is struggling in every aspect of the game. Kemp ain't doing much better.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
regarding McHugh...after last night and tonight, I'm expecting him back as a starter, soon
MexAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OMG OMG ONG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lord help me if this goofy idiot does anything....
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Gap said:

Altuve seems to have lost focus. He just isn't very sound in any aspect of the game at this time. His plate discipline seems to have gotten worse. Now add fielding and baserunning trouble.

Wow, you have commented on that twice tonight. I'm guessing you are sleeping in your Altuve jammies tonight after the game too.

Absolutely a a big hit by Altuve and I love it but he is definitely not playing like expected right now. He signed a $151M / 5 year extension and he earned that by his play over his 1st 6 full seasons in MLB. He has a high bar because he was on a Hall of Fame path. We haven't seen that this year even beyond the poor plate discipline and strange baserunning decisions. He is hitting 58 points below his career average so far this year. He has 2 SB this year after having 6 30 SB years including a 56 SB season, fielding % down. I don't think he will ever steal bases like that again, but he has to hit well for years and years to come.
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ONE. MORE. OUT.
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ken Giles made Mitch Williams look like Trevor Hoffman.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SA-AG72 said:

titanmaster_race said:

SA-AG72 said:

How so, titmaster?

Gou're right
A golden sombrero is four strikeouts in a game by the same player. Altuve prior to that last AB had only 2 ( I think...)

Golden Sombrero
The golden sombrero comes from hockey's hat trick, three goals in a game. Thus a batter who strikes out three times in a game is said to wear the "sombrero". The word in Spanish refers to any type of hat, but in popular culture it is associated with the unwieldy huge hats worn by stereotypical cartoon Mexicans. More grand than a hat would be a sombrero that is gold. It is awarded to any player who strikes out four times in a game. A platinum sombrero for five strikeouts or a titanium sombrero for six strikeouts may be awarded but they are much rarer than a golden sombrero.I


Can you wear a sombrero if you get a hit? Never heard it applies on a 1-5 night, for example. Maybe I never paid attention, but thought part of that was an o'fer.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

W said:

his primary playoff function would be as a pinch runner --- and he's struggling with that right now

(assuming Correa & Diaz eventually get back on the active roster)
Because he got picked off he's struggling as a pinch runner?

White is struggling in every aspect of the game. Kemp ain't doing much better.
Didn't he also get thrown out yesterday or the day before trying to take an extra base or on a ball in the dirt? I don't remember
rausr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Throw strikes!!!
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

Osuna giving off some serious cardiac Ken Giles vibes.


Osuna tends to give up a run ever so often but thankfully he doesn't typically let it turn into a Giles sized implosion
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why, bullpen. Why can't you throw strikes?
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breathing into a paper bag........
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh boy, it's not over yet
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, let's bring the winning run to the plate.
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can't make it easy
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Winning run at the plate.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can't be serious, Osuna.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If it takes that long to explain, it was a bad take.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Osuna giving off some serious cardiac Ken Giles vibes.


Osuna tends to give up a run ever so often but thankfully he doesn't typically let it turn into a Giles sized implosion




Now you've gone and done it..... Jesus H Christ
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Osuna giving off some serious cardiac Ken Giles vibes.


Osuna tends to give up a run ever so often but thankfully he doesn't typically let it turn into a Giles sized implosion


Giles will likely own the "punched yourself in the face while walking off the mound" hardware for a while
tjholley16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Why, bullpen. Why can't you throw strikes?

We've struck out 12 and walked 2 tonight
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Come on Osuna
Page 589 of 914
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.